Let me start off by saying that the hotel is in a great location, the room was clean and tastefully decorated and the staff was overall very helpful and friendly. However, it is 2:30 in the morning and I am wide awake because the guests upstairs are walking across their floor. Not an unreasonable thing to do in a hotel. But the floors/ceilings are so paper thin that I can hear them opening drawers, walking, closing the closet door, etc. This happened last night as well. I called the front desk to see if there was another room available and was told that if I had called during the day, they might have been able to find another room for me. Of course, that doesn't make sense since I was working during the day, which was the whole point of coming to Los Angeles in the first place. To be fair, the hotel did send security to the room upstairs (to tell them to stop walking? I'm not sure what the point was....) and then to my room. The security guy did acknowledge that yes, it can be loud here. The main problem is, the floors are paper thin. It's an older property that was refurbished to the best extent they could, I'm sure. They moved me to another room, after originally telling me the property was completely sold out and they had nowhere to put me. So now I'm in Room 108. Same floor, however the people upstairs from me now are having a loud argument. At least this is more interesting! The lady is saying she doesn't need him. The man is saying neither does he. And obviously neither needs sleep. I want to scream "For the love of God, break up already!". At least this room is more interesting! If I call the front desk again they're going to think I'm a real pain. It's now 3:22 a.m. Since I have to wake up in 3 hours anyhow, I'm not sure it even matters at this point. I've stayed at a lot of different hotels in my travels - some great, some not so great - and this one just doesn't do it for me. Bottom line: if you stay here, stay on the top floor! I'll never stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grafton on Sunset is located on the legendary Sunset Strip in West Hollywood between Beverly Hills and Hollywood. Our central location enables you to take advantage of the numerous music venues and tourist attractions that are sure to make your LA experience one to remember. LA can be a very fast paced city so be sure to remember and take in some quite time by soaking up some southern California sunshine at our Mediterranean garden and saltwater pool. Stroll the pedestrian-friendly strip and discover an abundance of trendy restaurants, bars, clubs and tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Grafton on Sunset reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grafton On Sunset Hotel West Hollywood
- Grafton On Sunset West Hollywood
- Grafton Sunset
- Grafton On Sunset Hotel