“Quiet Gem” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Quiet Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

(216) Booked as one the hotwire.com secret hotel so was a little apprehensive at first. I was glad to be proven wrong. Amazingly located, staff were like family, rooms were cosy and individual.

So close to all the "Must See" spots of WeHo. I could have been more pleased with the selection. The hotel could do with smallest bit of updating but this was minor. It felt like home from home. Set out like a little condo community.

Will surely be staying there many many times again in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Bert S, General Manager at Grafton on Sunset, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your visit to the Grafton. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with our hotel and we know you will also approve of some of our recent improvements. We look forward to your many upcoming trips.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Coconut Creek, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I am convinced when you book through a website besides their own (discount site), they give you the worst room. We were right next to the lobby/lounge area, and right next to a balcony that overlooks the pool that people can hang out at. This is def. a party hotel, so it is VERY loud!! I am usually all for that, but I am pregnant, so I wasn't up for that. I told them I was pregnant, so you would think they would find me a quieter room, and put the partiers in our room, but they said they were booked, and they couldn't accommodate us until the next day. We didn't want to keep bouncing around, so we just dealt with it. When we took showers that night, the bath tub didn't drain, so the water went up to our knees by the time I was done. This left the tub very dirty. The same thing happened with the sink, so the bathroom just felt dirty. We informed the people the day before we left about the tub/sink situation to help out the next people, and they were going to send in a worker while we were out, and we didn't feel comfortable with that. They just didn't seem like they wanted to make us happy. We didn't have a good experience at this hotel. It's a good location for the most part, and the room is a descent size, but we had a lot of other issues. We also didn't like that they didn't have any food or coffee to purchase at the hotel or a coffee maker in the room. Also, they keep the air off in the room until you get there and you have to turn it on, so it was very hot and muggy for a while until it cooled down.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bert S, General Manager at Grafton on Sunset, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thanks for choosing The Grafton on Sunset for your visit to West Hollywood. We appreciate your comments and I assure you that regardless of how a reservation is made, we treat each the same. However, it is unfortunate since we are a 108 room hotel that we could not move you on the day of arrival, but when running high occupancies, alternative choices are at times minimal. Congratulations on your pregnancy and we wish you nothing but the best of luck and many years of happiness. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered with your bathroom drain and wish we could have made your experience more memorable.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My three friends and I stayed at the Grafton over spring break a few weeks ago and the thing that absolutely won us over was the shuttle driver, Frankie! He gave us great recommendations for different restaurants and other hot spots throughout the city. SUPER friendly. If you stay at the Grafton, make sure you take advantage of that service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your Spring Break vacation. We agree, Frankie is a great member of our hotel family. We hope to see you back soon!
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My friends and I stood at the Grafton last May & I forgot to write a review! I was in Hollywood for 2 nights and we had a great time. The location was prime and you're a short walking distance from a lot of cool places. The room was clean and the staff were really friendly but there was one employee, Frank, who made our stay very pleasant. He took us to this club in downtown Hollywood and gave us really good advice on what to do for the remainder of the evening. He's was very charismatic and easy going. He's a great asset to this Hotel, Grafton you need more employees like this!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
We appreciate you staying with us and happy to see you wrote a review...it is never too late to hear great things about one of our team members. We agree; Frank is an asset to our hotel family. Thank you for taking time to let us know of your experience. We look forward to your next visit.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

The Grafton is in a great location, right in West Hollywood. The layout of the hotel has a great cozy feel, with awesome photographic prints throughout. It's seems to be in a constant state of renovations.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Grafton for your visit to West Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard. We are happy to hear you enjoyed all the great photography. Our team is constantly looking for ways to improve the guest experience and we have recently made a number of improvements and will be making an announcement soon about our new restaurant and bar that is scheduled to debut in late fall.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I was first introduced to the Grafton in '09, when I was here on business. I decided to treat my wife to a Kings-Canucks game and booked one of the graftons specials on line. When we arrived, I was pretty disappointed with the room; however, Carlo (the manager) and his staff went above and beyond making things right - I wholeheartedly endorse this hotel, and will definitely come back!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being a longtime guest, we appreciate the continued support. I am happy to hear that Carlos was able to make some changes to your accommodations so that we could meet your expectations. We are in the process of making a number of improvements to the property and know that on your next visit, you will enjoy your stay even more. Please keep an eye open on our soon upcoming announcement about a new restaurant and lounge to debut at the hotel. See you back soon.
Salt Lake City, UT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is a well decorated average hotel with an amazing location. I went to an event at the Fillmore and was so happy to be able to just walk back after. The singer I was following around the country also stayed here with his entourage. The room was small and cute. It was not the cleanest nor very large for the price. I would not pay more than $100 a night for this same hotel at any other location. My sink was dirty with dark black hair in it. A minor thing in comparison to the ideal location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us. Please accept my apology for the lack of detail in your room, this is unacceptable and we assure you that we will do everything in our power to ensure every guests enjoyment.

Been to Grafton on Sunset? Share your experiences!