“Lovely hotel in a great location x” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$50 RESTAURANT CREDIT!
Ranked #12 of 17 hotels in West Hollywood
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel in a great location x”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We chose this hotel, as it was perfect for the Sunset strip Rock music scene! we were not disappointed, a lovely little hotel, with a gorgeous, relaxing pool area, which served us perfectly well for our week in LA. we upgraded to a poolside king room, which was perfect, very clean, a decent sized room, comfortable bed, lovely bathroom, a decent sized closet, and we could pop out for a ciggie whenever we wanted!!! There is coffee, iced tea, and water, on tap all day for when you're having a lazy day! unfortunately the hotel restaurant and bar were closed when we we there, i don't know if they have since reopened? However, there are plenty of bars and restaurants all down the strip x Mels Diner across the road is open 24 hours and we had take outs by the pool when we didn't eat in the diner, which suited us fine! There are several shops locally where you can get everyday items, drinks, food etc too!!!The hotel is very well placed to see the sights, and they also provide a free shuttle within 3 mile radius, as long as you tip the driver, which we used a few times x All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel, and we will definitely stay there next time we're I! LA!!! We spent many nights at Rainbow bar and grill, Viper room and House of Blues, which is literally next to the hotel! If you're looking for convenience and a great location for all of your sightseeing, this is perfect!!! Loved it!!!

Room Tip: The poolside rooms were beautiful, we had a king room! Just gorgeous walking out of your door straig...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bert S, General Manager at Grafton on Sunset, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
We are so happy to help make your week in LA memorable. Our hotel is also a musician favorite since we are in the middle of a number of music venues. We have not opened our restaurant yet, but we are about to make an announcement for our new restaurant and bar scheduled to open in the fall of 2013. However, we have since worked with Saddle Ranch Chop House to provide in room dining for our guests which has proved to be a great service.

732 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Grafton On Sunset an Jan 20th, and had a great time. We stayed in a standard room, which was slightly small, but had a big closet (by hotel standards). All the amenites were perfectly fine for our needs. Very nice pool area, the heated saltwater pool was a great way to relax after a day filled with walking around the area. Very friendly staff, every time we walked into the lobby the person at the desk would offer a friendly "welcome back". As good as the Grafton was, the location is perfect, there are countless great bars and restaurants within a short walk, and if you don't mind the exercise, walking to Rodeo Drive, or Hollywood Blvd is easily within walking distance. Keep your expectations realistic, and you'll have a great time. By L.A. standards this is a very affordable hotel in a great location. Want better? Be prepared to pay well over double the Grafton's rate, in terms of value we would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Make use of the Grafton's driver for short trips to Rodeo Drive or Hollywood Blvd.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We are excited to know that you and your wife had a nice stay with us in January. Since your stay, we have made a number of improvements and are currently working on more. Hoping you have an opportunity to visit WeHo and the Grafton in the very near future.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stylish little hotel in close driving distance of attractions such as beverley hills, hollywood walk of fame, shopping malls and rodeo drive. We stayed in the standard rooms for one night and the room had 2 small beds. The wardrobe and bathroom were average aswel, so we asked about upgrading and after looking at the suites we were able to get 2 themed suites for $50 a night each instead of the usual $200 each a night price and they were worth the money! It was a quiet hotel, had a swimming pool, fridge, free computer access but no wi-fi. A few restaurants within walking distance. Parking was $35 a night!! Good hotel for what we wanted, the upgrade made the review excellent.

Room Tip: Upgrade! We upgraded 2 rooms for $50 a night when there but usually $200 each a night
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to write a review on your experience with our hotel. It is so important for us to know how we are doing and what we can improve on. I am very happy to hear you were able to take advantage of a room upgrade. We appreciate you choosing the Grafton on Sunset.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on NYE, when i got there the staff were very inattentive, and rude talking in spanish. They told me to wait whilst a personal conversation was held, i was then told to wait as my room was not ready and just told me to leave my suitcase in front of the reception - i didnt feel safe about this. The room was dark and dingy, and when i went to take a shower the shower wasnt actually working - although on the plus side they were prompt in fixing it. the bottom part of the bed was made of cheap plastic. I feel it was not good value for money - and seemed extremely basic. the vlaet parking seemed disorganised and was under staffed for the volume of customers they had.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
We hope you enjoyed your New Year’s Eve celebration and as a new General Manager for the Grafton, I am disappointed that the staff did not make you feel welcomed. However, I can assure you that we have made numerous changes in our property and service. Additionally, the “plastic” bed valance is a thing of the past. They are being changed with new fabric valances and will be completed within the next few days. I appreciate you taking time to let us know of your experience.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed at The Grafton for 13 nights over Xmas & New Year. We were going to change hotels for the last couple of days, but decided instead to extend our booking as we were quite comfortable here.

We did encounter a couple of issues along the way with noise from other guests, but you get that in most places, including 5-star hotels, but the way in which the staff dealt with our complaints was top class.

It's a fantastic location if you're wanting to explore Hollywood, and the complimentary shuttle service will help you keep the costs of taxis down for the shorter trips. Even though it wasn't warm enough for a swim, it's worth noting that the hotel swimming pool is open until midnight.

My favourite part about staying here was that each time we walked in the entrance, no matter what time of day or night, the staff were very friendly and always welcomed us back. But not in a condescending way, they actually appeared to be genuine.

We had a twin double bed room and it was a little on the small side, but more than enough for two of us for two weeks. To be honest, who wants to stay in a room all day when you have such amazing places to explore, right on your doorstop!

Every member of staff we saw on the last day shook our hands and thanked us for staying there. We even bumped into Carlos on the street during the day and even though he was off shift, he too thanked us and took the time to chat to us.

That's the kind of service I want in a boutique hotel, and the exact reason why I will be booking there again next time I go back to LA.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing the Grafton during your holiday stay and we are happy to know that you decided to extend your stay. I also appreciate your comments about our staff, they are truly a great team and do really enjoy assisting our guests. Our goal is to make our guests feel like we are their home away from home and strive to be great hosts. See you back soon!
Bermuda Dunes, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My sister and her fiance' were visiting from Japan and wanted an interesting and affordable place to stay that was a short cab from Hollywood's "hot spots", like Melrose, Hollywood Boulevard, Sunset Boulevard, and all the rest. I found Grafton on Sunset for them, since I'm the "local". I advised them to pay the extra $20.00 for the "breakfast in bed" package being offered on the website. I called Jessica and make the reservation, and while she was very nice, she made no mention what-so-ever that the "breakfast in bed" would be in a cardboard box and include a boxed milk, a container of yoghurt, a mini-bag of Cheerios, and a couple other 7-Eleven-level items. As you might expect, I was mortified! I'd truly expected more from all the flash on the website. I banked on a better experience for my family.

But that wasn't the end of it. My sister told me the room and the bathroom were quite dirty. She said it was horribly dusty under the bed (she saw this when she went searching for her errant shoe), and in the corners of the bathroom, and that there was a hair on the sheet and in the bathtub.

I had been excited to perhaps book myself and my boyfriend a weekend getaway there, but not now.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for referring your family and we truly apologize for not living up to your expectations. I personally apologize for your disappointment in the “bed and breakfast”. I was only with the company for two weeks when we received your review and I must agree with your evaluation of the breakfast box. Based on your review, we stopped selling it immediately and redesigned an appropriate experience. I assure you that today’s experience is far better than what they experienced. In addition, we have made a number of physical and operational changes that I know you would approve of. Please feel free to stop by and I will personally provide you a site visit to see what we have done and what is on the horizon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here for New Year's Eve and think the location and hotel were great. This hotel offers a lower cost alternative to the pricier hotels in the area if you want to be within walking distance of major Sunset Strip locations. The front desk staff and bellmen were very friendly. Our corner king room was great and clean despite needing some new carpet and some chipped paint here and there. The bed was extremely comfortable and loved the decor. Lots of Sunset partyers but let's face it, that's most of the clientele. If you are looking for a serene quiet hotel, this is not the one for you. Will be a much better place when the bar and restaurant reopen. We stayed here years ago when BOA steakhouse was here and a cool bar/restaurant would raise the desirability factor (but maybe raise prices). They need to invest in some in-room coffeemakers because the existing first floor coffee station with Sweet and Low and coffeemate would be embarrassing even for rural economy roadside motels.

Room Tip: -No restaurant, bar or in-room cofeemaker -Unique decor and style -Amazing location -Nice, helpfu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GraftonOnSunset, General Manager at Grafton on Sunset, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us for New Year’s Eve…we wish you a prosperous 2013. As the new General Manager at The Grafton, hearing input from our guest is the best tool my team and I have in making improvements to enhance your guest experience. We are working on various options for our Restaurant and Bar and hope to be able to unveil our plans in the near future. We look forward to your next visit to the West Hollywood area.

Bert Seneca

Been to Grafton on Sunset? Share your experiences!