“Great staff, great location” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Click and Save Rate!
Ranked #11 of 17 hotels in West Hollywood
London, United Kingdom
“Great staff, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed at The Grafton for 13 nights over Xmas & New Year. We were going to change hotels for the last couple of days, but decided instead to extend our booking as we were quite comfortable here.

We did encounter a couple of issues along the way with noise from other guests, but you get that in most places, including 5-star hotels, but the way in which the staff dealt with our complaints was top class.

It's a fantastic location if you're wanting to explore Hollywood, and the complimentary shuttle service will help you keep the costs of taxis down for the shorter trips. Even though it wasn't warm enough for a swim, it's worth noting that the hotel swimming pool is open until midnight.

My favourite part about staying here was that each time we walked in the entrance, no matter what time of day or night, the staff were very friendly and always welcomed us back. But not in a condescending way, they actually appeared to be genuine.

We had a twin double bed room and it was a little on the small side, but more than enough for two of us for two weeks. To be honest, who wants to stay in a room all day when you have such amazing places to explore, right on your doorstop!

Every member of staff we saw on the last day shook our hands and thanked us for staying there. We even bumped into Carlos on the street during the day and even though he was off shift, he too thanked us and took the time to chat to us.

That's the kind of service I want in a boutique hotel, and the exact reason why I will be booking there again next time I go back to LA.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Bert S, General Manager at Grafton on Sunset, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Grafton during your holiday stay and we are happy to know that you decided to extend your stay. I also appreciate your comments about our staff, they are truly a great team and do really enjoy assisting our guests. Our goal is to make our guests feel like we are their home away from home and strive to be great hosts. See you back soon!

653 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Bermuda Dunes, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My sister and her fiance' were visiting from Japan and wanted an interesting and affordable place to stay that was a short cab from Hollywood's "hot spots", like Melrose, Hollywood Boulevard, Sunset Boulevard, and all the rest. I found Grafton on Sunset for them, since I'm the "local". I advised them to pay the extra $20.00 for the "breakfast in bed" package being offered on the website. I called Jessica and make the reservation, and while she was very nice, she made no mention what-so-ever that the "breakfast in bed" would be in a cardboard box and include a boxed milk, a container of yoghurt, a mini-bag of Cheerios, and a couple other 7-Eleven-level items. As you might expect, I was mortified! I'd truly expected more from all the flash on the website. I banked on a better experience for my family.

But that wasn't the end of it. My sister told me the room and the bathroom were quite dirty. She said it was horribly dusty under the bed (she saw this when she went searching for her errant shoe), and in the corners of the bathroom, and that there was a hair on the sheet and in the bathtub.

I had been excited to perhaps book myself and my boyfriend a weekend getaway there, but not now.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for referring your family and we truly apologize for not living up to your expectations. I personally apologize for your disappointment in the “bed and breakfast”. I was only with the company for two weeks when we received your review and I must agree with your evaluation of the breakfast box. Based on your review, we stopped selling it immediately and redesigned an appropriate experience. I assure you that today’s experience is far better than what they experienced. In addition, we have made a number of physical and operational changes that I know you would approve of. Please feel free to stop by and I will personally provide you a site visit to see what we have done and what is on the horizon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here for New Year's Eve and think the location and hotel were great. This hotel offers a lower cost alternative to the pricier hotels in the area if you want to be within walking distance of major Sunset Strip locations. The front desk staff and bellmen were very friendly. Our corner king room was great and clean despite needing some new carpet and some chipped paint here and there. The bed was extremely comfortable and loved the decor. Lots of Sunset partyers but let's face it, that's most of the clientele. If you are looking for a serene quiet hotel, this is not the one for you. Will be a much better place when the bar and restaurant reopen. We stayed here years ago when BOA steakhouse was here and a cool bar/restaurant would raise the desirability factor (but maybe raise prices). They need to invest in some in-room coffeemakers because the existing first floor coffee station with Sweet and Low and coffeemate would be embarrassing even for rural economy roadside motels.

Room Tip: -No restaurant, bar or in-room cofeemaker -Unique decor and style -Amazing location -Nice, helpfu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GraftonOnSunset, General Manager at Grafton on Sunset, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us for New Year’s Eve…we wish you a prosperous 2013. As the new General Manager at The Grafton, hearing input from our guest is the best tool my team and I have in making improvements to enhance your guest experience. We are working on various options for our Restaurant and Bar and hope to be able to unveil our plans in the near future. We look forward to your next visit to the West Hollywood area.

toms river
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Although the management has done a good job at making this a nice boutique hotel they really need to do something about the sound quality. It is hard to get a full nights sleep here without hearing people walking down the halls or from rooms above, below or next to you. The room sizes are extremely small and the bathrooms are smaller than some I have seen in cruise ships. The staff was truthfully very friendly, but if you are looking for a place to relax this is not the place to go to.

Room Tip: Maybe a room on the first floor overlooking the pool would be a better choice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing The Grafton on Sunset for your recent West Hollywood visit. I am very happy to hear our staff delivered a warm friendly experience and we appreciate your comments.

Bedfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

A big thank you to all the Staff as they did everything to make our stay very enjoyable and friendly, only downside for us at the time was resterant was not open due to refurbishment which is fair enough. I would stay there again as our stay was very relaxed and enjoyable so thank you Grafton, regards Tony & Geraldine April 2012

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you…we were thrilled to have you staying with us and we truly appreciate your understanding about our restaurant. We hope to have an announcement soon about our restaurant and bar. We look forward to you visiting the Grafton in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed here for one night due to a work event at the House of Blues. Very convenient as it was right next door. Hotel was cute, decor was nice, bed was comfortable and TV was a good size. That's all I need for a one-night stay. Knocking off one star because the toilet had urine in it when I checked into my room. Kinda gross.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
First I would like to thank you for choosing The Grafton on Sunset. As the hotels new General Manager, I am grateful that you told us about your room experience. It is unacceptable to have a guestroom bathroom less than pristine upon the arrival of our guests and I assure you that I will work diligently to ensure this experience does not repeat itself. We hope your travels return you to the West Hollywood area and we look forward to your next stay with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

A really modern hotel! Loved the decor. The staff were friendly and had a conversation with you. They did everything possible to make sure my stay was perfect. Rooms were clean. Close to everything we wanted. Would stay there again!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for choosing The Grafton on Sunset and we look forward to your next visit to West Hollywood.

Bert Seneca

Been to Grafton on Sunset? Share your experiences!