We stayed at The Grafton for 13 nights over Xmas & New Year. We were going to change hotels for the last couple of days, but decided instead to extend our booking as we were quite comfortable here.
We did encounter a couple of issues along the way with noise from other guests, but you get that in most places, including 5-star hotels, but the way in which the staff dealt with our complaints was top class.
It's a fantastic location if you're wanting to explore Hollywood, and the complimentary shuttle service will help you keep the costs of taxis down for the shorter trips. Even though it wasn't warm enough for a swim, it's worth noting that the hotel swimming pool is open until midnight.
My favourite part about staying here was that each time we walked in the entrance, no matter what time of day or night, the staff were very friendly and always welcomed us back. But not in a condescending way, they actually appeared to be genuine.
We had a twin double bed room and it was a little on the small side, but more than enough for two of us for two weeks. To be honest, who wants to stay in a room all day when you have such amazing places to explore, right on your doorstop!
Every member of staff we saw on the last day shook our hands and thanked us for staying there. We even bumped into Carlos on the street during the day and even though he was off shift, he too thanked us and took the time to chat to us.
That's the kind of service I want in a boutique hotel, and the exact reason why I will be booking there again next time I go back to LA.
- Also Known As:
- The Grafton On Sunset Hotel
- The Grafton On Sunset Hotel West Hollywood
- Grafton On Sunset West Hollywood
- Grafton Sunset
- Grafton On Sunset Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arouse your senses at this sleek, modern boutique hotel located on the legendary Sunset Strip. Relax by our Mediterranean garden & salt water pool. Party like a rock star by night, at all the local haunts such as House of Blues, Viper room, Roxy theatre and Skybar, or sleep-in during the day at one of West Hollywood’s hip hotels. The Grafton on Sunset promotes unique accommodation on the heart of L.A.’s historical "sweet spot". West Hollywood is positioned between the glamorous Beverly Hills and the world-renowned Hollywood, amidst the colorful neighborhoods. Sunset Strip requires no description due to its international reputation held for decades for its glamour, good times and rock n’ roll legends. Stroll the pedestrian-friendly strip and discover it for your self. Surrounding the Grafton on Sunset you’ll find an abundance of trendy restaurants, bars, clubs and tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Loews Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Grafton on Sunset reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.