“Almost” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 17 hotels in West Hollywood
Vancouver
“Almost”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The hotel is in a great location.

Got to the hotel they didn't have are reservation not sure if it was Travelocity or Grafton fault. Always try to book directly with the hotel!!

My phone was died so did not have my reservation code. Asked if i could use the internet to check my email for the code, front desk stated that i would have to pay to use the internet ! ! I haven't checked in..

After explaining to the agent why I m not gonna pay for the internet. He allowed me to use a computer to pull up the code. Did not have the room we reserved not surprised since they didn't have the reservation. They gave us a suite for the night and we moved in to a regular King Room the rest of the stay. The suite washroom was dirty also very dim lighting.

The other room was nice again washroom wasn't as clean but was way better then the washroom in other room.

It seem as if ownership need to look at budgeting and renovate the washrooms !

The rest of the room was fine. Hotel is not 4-star quality its more of 2.5-3 ..

I would only return to this hotel if price reflects the quality of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
GraftonOnSunset, Guest Relations Manager at Grafton on Sunset, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your detailed review. I do apologize that you did not enjoy your experience from the very biginning of your stay at the Grafton. It is our goal to always provide excellent customer service and follow-through. I am glad we were able to fix the challenges you were having. It is our goal to ensure that every guest is comfortable and worry free during their stay. I hope that we can have the opportunity to gain your business back and provide an enjoyable stay for you. If you choose to do this, may I please ask of you to email me directly so I may set this up for you. My email address is kevinb@graftononsunset.com.

716 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My mother and I were on a mini vacay from my stressful job. This was the first hotel we stayed at on our trip. I decided to hotel hop so we could experience different areas of the city. This hotel left me wanting more. Before I get into this review I just want to say. THE COFFEE IS LOCATED DOWNSTAIRS ON THE FIRST FLOOR!!!!!! As someone from the East coast, obviously this is a big deal. You would think that someone on staff would mention that during check-in. I would also like to mention that I booked this on the hotel's website where it clearly says they will charge your card within 72 hours or some reasonable time frame. This did not happen. I sent an email confirming the policy and asking if they could contact me. They just ran my card with no communication. This actually kind of ticked me off, to be honest.
Things to note: this hotel is built down. So the rooms are located down.. You walk into the 3rd floor. So we stayed on the second floor. Kinda felt like a basement. I see what they were going for. They just need the correct carpenter to achieve. This is clearly an older building that they attempted to renovate.. The supplies that were utilized were not of high quality so, as usual, they are kinda deteriorating. They had the kind of carpet that makes you want to keep your socks on and I noticed the tub had some kind of permanent stain.
The Bed is the selling point! I was in a deep coma! it was so great!
I am not knocking this hotel. They just need to put some $ into it get it to the status of the pictures. The location was great! Please note that they do not have a bar or restaurant. The Standard is located down the street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Graftoncares, Guest Relations Manager at Grafton on Sunset, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for your detailed review. I do apologize that you did not enjoy your entire experience at the Grafton. It is our goal to always provide excellent customer service and follow-through. We actually found that having our coffee station on the pool level was a "winner" with our guests. Many enjoy the convenience of not having to travel far to replenish there coffee or tea while relaxing by the pool and outdoor decor. It is our goal to ensure that every guest is comfortable and worry free during their stay with no challenges. We are glad that you enjoyed the comfort of our new matresses. I hope that we can have the opportunity to gain your business back and provide an enjoyable stay for you. If you choose to do this, may I please ask of you to email me directly so I may set this up for you. My email address is kevinb@graftononsunset.com.

Cookie081
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were booked into the Grafton by Virgin because of its location, we were told before paying for our holiday that it had lost some of its rating due to the closure of its restaurant but we didn't really appreciate that this meant that the hotel had technically just become somewhere to sleep - we arrived at the end of a long flight not even being able to get a hot drink! The room was clean but the beds and pillows were uncomfortable, everything in the room had a price tag and the air conditioning noisey as were the guests partying across the corridor!
My daughter had booked a trip to Universal Studios, we asked at the front desk about the cost of transport - we were quoted $60 dollars each ($180), we went by the easy to use public transport system the whole journey only cost us $15 return.
The hotel appeared to be living on past reputation and was in desperate need of being refurbished.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Don't be fooled by the good reviews on this dump. (Probably written by the owner)
Its is awful. Rooms are old and grubby, bed linen is stained badly. Stay somewhere else. Don't say you were not warned!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Lloyd1932,

We are so very sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. I am very disappointed to see your comments in your review and that I was not notified of the challenges you had in our hotel before checking out. I would greatly appreciate it if you would contact me directly through kevinb@graftononsunset.com so we can discuss.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Arrived via booking with Virgin, first room was like a prison cell over looking a brick wall and very tiny for a triple room, I was very upset, asked to be moved, which in all fairness the manager did move us the following day to a nice size corner room. Clean tidy plenty of towels, bathroom much cleaner than the other room, no hair left from previous guess. Very quiet hotel, courtesy bus very good. Location was good especially if you choose to use the hop on hop off buses, recommend Mels diner for all meals, pity that the Grafton has still not bothered to open a restaurant perhaps just for breakfast. Although we did have the six dollar breakfast bag one morning it was ok. Overall it just lacked a certain something, not sure what, a hotel that I would not visit again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your detailed review.

I do apologize that you did not enjoy your experience at the Grafton from the very beginning, but glad that we were able to fix it to your satisfaction. We have several room types and are very specific with the details of those room types. It is very important that every guest is comfortable and worry free during their stay. We are all very anxious for our new restaurant and bar so we can share with our guests. We are glad that you were able to take advatage of the close by dining options. I hope that we can have the opportunity to gain your business back and provide an enjoyable stay for you. May I please ask of you to email me directly so I may set this up for you. My email address is kevinb@graftononsunset.com.

Bergamo, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Grafton On Sunset is one the worst Hotel on the sunset BLV !

I don’t know exactly where to start in this bad review !

Never stay there, it is extremely dirty and dangerous , found several bugs in my suitcase for 2 consecutive days. Asked reception to change the room they said it was not possible for any reasons.
The lobby is dark and dirty, the valet service is unacceptable slow and expensive!!!

The rooms are (for obvious reasons) locted floors down to the lobby and the basement and the floor look done in wood, you can’t sleep as you hear all the roumors, people screaming, making sex at any hour in the night.

Rooms (I have stayed in a double room) are so dark you can’t work! Wi-fi is not free and I pay almost 280 usd per night !

BE AWARE OF THE POOL, it is of course extremely dirty , the supposedly freh new towel you find available in the pool area are DIRTY or at least look new but with big stains on them.

I felt I could have find a nice Sunset spot this time but I should have stayed next door to the Andaz or even at the Standard.

I asked for an email with the bill of my stay they never sent it, the employees do not speak proper and fluent English. Be aware !

Never ever back again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Make no mistake; the Grafton on Sunset is a well located, well priced and a decent if very modest hotel.

However it is not quite the glam or the glee or the billing either its address or its promo photos will have you believe.

Rooms are adequate size and if you splash a bit extra the pool side rooms are worth a go to give you a door straight to the pool with a couple of chairs and tables to sip your bought in bottle. The fact there is no bar or restaurant is a shame and makes this little more than a sleeping place rather than an truly entertained experience. Yes its location brings a quick walk to nice places to eat dinner or breakfast but it also means your Grafton is almost souless.

Perhaps the most galling, given the lack of most other facilities, is most surfaces covered in confection and drinks to purchase. Mini bar war! Including the bathroom with its 5$ water. Give it a break Grafton and stop trying to milk your guests.

If you are looking for a great location on a mild budget and are prepared to find your own experience with a simple place to stay, look no further.

Sadly, the Grafton may be on its last legs without some proper glitz to liven it up, it should be truly more than its humble offers reside.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grafton on Sunset? Share your experiences!