“Not too bad....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holloway Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Hollywood
Holloway Motel
You added Holloway Motel to your Saves list
8465 Santa Monica Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA (West Hollywood)   |
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Munich, Germany
“Not too bad....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I can't understand the only negative comments here. I've been to Holloway in 2010, 2011 and 2012. The rooms are in poor condition, but clean. The "front desk" is most certanly not "five stars" but effective and friendly. The value of money is great, specialy if you consider the location and "free parking". We spend one night in another motel (just oposide to Holloway). It was way wroste (less friendly staff and even poorer condition of the room). If you want a good hotel: Go somewhere else. If you want a cheap place to sleep in West Hollywood: Holloway Motel is the place to be.....

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Rude staff, no security, couple opened our door with a key to a different room and said sorry wrong room, complained to staff, couldn't care less. Just don't stay here, plenty of better places, a DUMP!

• Stayed April 2012
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

If you want to stay in a sewer you have the perfect place. Insane Management, Rude, and not guest oriented. Room Smelled and had Bedbugs. If you shower wear your shoes. I have seen cleaner alleys. You might as well hand your money to a homeless person, at least they will not treat you like dirt. Be warned.. Jeff

Room Tip: Any where but here!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Very simple STAY AWAY
Filthy place, rude manager and staff and the smell. I wonder what died there.
Not worth my effects to say more TRUST ME STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Carlsbad, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I have stayed at the Holloway three times, and I have never had a problem with the hotel staff. Maybe a little "folksy", but never mean. I don't know what all the negative reviews are about, as I had a good experience each time. The price is great and the room is always clean and comfortable, and I appreciate the free parking, just get back soon enough because the lot does fill up. Within walking distance to the Weho bars, and the IHOP next door is great for a hearty breakfast the next morning. Room Tip: If you have a hot date, try not to make too much noise in the room, or the one next door might hear, as it's an older building, uh-oh! But reminds me of the Old Hollywood (it is well maintained). And don't forget to have fun!

Room Tip: Manager knows the rooms, and each one is different, so ask about the room description.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

I stayed at this motel in 2008 and was prepared to overlook the managers rudeness because it seemed to be good value.

This week I suggested that a friend should stay here as it is within easy access of the bars and clubs. Whilst checking in the manager asked if my friend was parking a car to which she replied no. I said that I was driving her and had parked my car here, but he did not here. When my friend was taking her case to her room I asked if he needed the car registration or should I just leave it where it was...

The manager went off saying that I was telling him I would park there and not asking, swearing at me, insulting me, saying 'you are nothing in this town' etc so on and so forth.

I told the manager that I had stayed here and referred my friend and that he could be more polite, but he said that he didn't my referrals, didn't want my business and to go and get my friend for a refund because she was would be thrown out and banned.

Trying to appease the situation I told the manager that my problem was with me and not my friend, but he was resolute. So had to endure the embarrassing task of telling my friend I had had her thrown out and banned from a hotel in the first time in her life.

I would love to say that he will lose business, but he is in a great location and he knows it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I made a reservation for one room at this motel for one night.I got there that night and the office was close.I left the motel and i rent one room to an other hotel close to this one .When i receve my credit card statment i realize that i was charged $91 from Halloway motel for that night.When i called to talk to the manager to tell him that i did not stay at his place but i was charged for that night this guy asked me to call him back for him to verify .I called him back after one week and he started to yell at me, call me liar and when a told him that i am going to make a complain he threatening me saying that he is coming to my home town and KILL ME,that he knows my phone nr.and my address, he call me all kind of ,,names,, and he used all kind of realy bad language i can "t even can tell you what was coming from his mouth .Believe this guy is a freak,very dangeros crazy and he should not be in this business.Please stay away from this place .My big mistake it was that i did not read the bad reviews before i call to make that reservation.I am happy that i did not stay there ,PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THAT PLACE IT IS SCARY ......

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holloway Motel? Share your experiences!