Checked in late Tuesday evening with great expectations. What a huge let down. the suite we had booked was no bigger than a rabbit hutch and 2 people couldn't possibly fit into the bathroom at the same time! I have never seen such a small shower over the bath, fortunately my husband and I are both quite small otherwise we may not of been able to fit in the shower/bath at all not forgetting to mention therewas no hot water!!. The ceiling was very low with a sort of sprayed on cement look ,painted white - everything is painted white I am sure the white look is trendy but it really doesn't stop a terrible room looking like a terrible room. This really is not what I call a suite and unlike some of the reviewers who had a great view the only view we had was of the front forecourt and only one floor above it the noise of cars and people coming and going all night long it soon became clear why we sniggeringly offered ear plugs by the check in staff. Anyway after a terrible nights sleep we packed our bags and checked out. My husband did try complaining to the girl on the desk but was only greeted with a blank look so asked for the manager. Now this is were trip advisor comes into it's own, Complain to the manager. Obviously used to this complaint he instantly agreed not to charge us for our room, whops suite!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mondrian LA is a parallel universe of perpetual possibility. Rejuvenated by Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, this luxury boutique hotel in the heart of West Hollywood captures everything the Strip stands for - excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests will find the recently expanded lobby, accented with hues of deep purple and complemented by custom-designed furniture, a Lucite indoor swing and a mushroom-inspired concierge desk. Complimentary high speed wireless internet access is offered in the lobby. Herringbone, a restaurant by Enlightened Hospitality Group, James Brennan and Celebrity Chef Brian Malarkey, features ocean-to-table cuisine with an emphasis on fresh seafood and quality meats, while our new Lobby Bar serves a full cafe menu during the day and small plates in the evening. Up in the sky, amid the clouds of Los Angeles, guests can enjoy the stunning view from our Skybar lounge, Los Angeles' mainstay for nightlife. Base, our gift shop, offers curated items tailored for the LA scene. Mondrian is located right on the Sunset Strip, close to Fox Studios, Paramount Pictures, Staples Center, Dodgers Stadium, Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive and Getty Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Splendia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood