The Mondrian in Wesy Hollywood is super trendy and is in a perfect location. It's surrounded by great restaurants and most importantly, it's right across the street from one of the best comedy clubs in the world - The Comedy Store.
My room was pretty small, but nothing to complain about. The biggest feature in the room was a huge Snow White-style mirror where the TV should be... but it turns out that it actually is the TV. The glare for the daytime sun is obviously horrible, but I thought that was a unique touch and was a pleasant surprise since you shouldn't be watching TV during the day anyway. you should be exploring the area or hanging out by the pool...
The pool didn't have many places to sit, so you better get there early. Expect trendy music and trendy people. There aren't kids running around and diving and splashing. Just chic good-looking people getting some sun and having cocktails.
Apparently there's a super swank/trendy bar by the pool called Skybar and I went to go check it out in the afternoon just to see what the buzz was about. There was a velvet rope at the entrance and velvet ropes aren't my scene, so I just turned around. But the pool area in general was a pretty cool place out hang out. I'm always in LA on business, so I didn't have time to blow there, but would have for a couple hours if I had a free day of nothing to do.
Back to the room... there was a nice little vanity that a female would probably appreciate more than I do. The shower was nice but the water took a while to get warm and the drain was clogged. By the time I was done with the shower, I'd be standing in 2 inches of water. This wasn't a problem for me, but if someone else wanted the use the shower after me, it wouldn't work.
Never had room service. Was working all day/night.
The valet guys are nice, but I don't need my door opened and closed. Just give me the keys and I'll walk 5 ft to where you just parked it. But it was great because I never had to wait for the car. Jut call 15 mins ahead and they had it ready every time.
Overall, it's a nice/clean hotel and I'd go back because it's across the street from the best comedy club in the world and nearby all the food/entertainment Sunset Blvd and Santa Monica Blvd have to offer.
tip: Try a restaurant called "Laurel Hardware" on Santa Monica. It's a 12-13 minute walk from the hotel, but it's a fun little place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mondrian LA is a parallel universe of perpetual possibility. Rejuvenated by Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, this luxury boutique hotel in the heart of West Hollywood captures everything the Strip stands for - excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests will find the recently expanded lobby, accented with hues of deep purple and complemented by custom-designed furniture, a Lucite indoor swing and a mushroom-inspired concierge desk. Complimentary high speed wireless internet access is offered in the lobby. Herringbone, a restaurant by Enlightened Hospitality Group, James Brennan and Celebrity Chef Brian Malarkey, features ocean-to-table cuisine with an emphasis on fresh seafood and quality meats, while our new Lobby Bar serves a full cafe menu during the day and small plates in the evening. Up in the sky, amid the clouds of Los Angeles, guests can enjoy the stunning view from our Skybar lounge, Los Angeles' mainstay for nightlife. Base, our gift shop, offers curated items tailored for the LA scene. Mondrian is located right on the Sunset Strip, close to Fox Studios, Paramount Pictures, Staples Center, Dodgers Stadium, Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive and Getty Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Splendia, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood