I stayed here this summer. (June 3rd-une 23rd) it was a long stay ( 20 nights to be exact). I was simply visiting some friends in LA, not there for business, which means I was relaxed, and not very strict with my stay. The hotel is nicely decorated. The restaurant has good food, but is a little limited. Specially the room service menu. The valet parking was very welcoming, and the housekeeping lady in my room (516) was also nice, and attentive.
My negative opinion towards the hotel starts with the pool. It was as I already stated a long stay. I was able to get a pool bed only twice. The pool was completely full every time I came down. (Sometimes 10 am, sometimes 11 am.) I asked several times if I could reserve a pool bed a night before, and they told me that they didn't accept any reservations at the pool, but I saw a reserved sign several times. I had to ask Will the pool guy for a towel about three or four times, before he managed to get me one. I had to wait for the towel, obviously standing up (since there were no beds) for about 20 minutes.
During my checkout I called the bell boys to get my bags 30 minutes before I left. I waited during this time, and nobody came up, so I came down and told the receptionist that I was checking out and I needed somebody to pick my bags from the room. I had to wait for about 15 minutes until one of the receptionists went to get them herself.
Overall it was a pleasant stay, but you really need to step it up service wise, and specially do something about that pool ASAP, its what really bummed my stay here. Let guests do a reservation if you receive about 50 walk ins a day in your pool. I understand its a trendy, hip, youthful hotel, but excellent service is always imperative, and even more in a 20 night stay!
Mónica Hurtado Dovarganes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new incarnation of one of the original luxury boutique hotels draws its inspiration from the serene coastal landscapes of Southern California and captures everything the Sunset Strip stands for – excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests are bathed in a sensuous daylight that highlights the creamy whites and warm marigold palette of the entryway. Mondrian Los Angeles also celebrated the recent introduction of three new public spaces, including new poolside cabanas, a lobby bar and café, and specialty curated lifestyle shop, BASE. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Splendia, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood