“Great hotel, great everything!” 5 of 5 stars

Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Great hotel, great everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I have stayed there in the middle of March. We enjoyed our stay very much,but the room didn't have balcony. The room was big enough for 2 people. The bathroom was amazing, lot of light, space, mirrors,dressing table to do makeup, hair drier, soap, shampoo, etc.,a lot of clean towels. There were no bathrobes and slippers though. It was disappointing. There was some package of slippers, t-shirt etc.,for the add. money, but I think for that kind of hotels at least the slippers should've been for free. The room was always clean, the maid cleaned it when we were out. The king size bed was super comfy!!! I had slept there like i've never slept before, no kidding'. There was a fridge full of drinks from juices to Vodka, big variety. TV, OMG you're gonna love it! The room itself was very fashionable, furniture was nice! The pool area was very nice and pretty big. The same area at nights works as SkyBar, you should definitely go there! Even I wasn't stay there I would definitely go for breakfast to Asia de Cuba restaurant which is right next to SkyBar area. Their food is just wonderful and delicious! The location is good, there are a lot of taxi right next to the hotel (but don't use Independent taxi, the worst service ever and they always trick you with the price), restaurants, bars, malls are 15 minutes walking. The staff in the hotel is very friendly and helpful. Our flight was at 10am so around 11am we were at the hotel and our room was ready.
So I would definitely stay there again, highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel G, Guest Experience Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Hi Babochkina! I am overwhelmed by all the complements here! I LOVE it!!!! Doesn't the room make you feel like you’re in a fantasy? The television in the mirror still trips me out. Sorry about the lack of bathrobes in the room. It is a standard to have them in the room. We do have slippers on request. Glad you where able to experience the sensational food over at Asia de Cuba. The calamari salad has to be the greatest thing created!!! Hope you and your husband join us again soon. Let me know when you are coming in and I will do my best to get you a balcony room. Thank for all the great comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Mondrian in December 2012, our first stop on our honeymoon and first time ever in LA! We were greeted by lovely reception staff who made us feel more than welcome with celebratory strawberries and chocolate. We were on the 12th floor and our room and view were both Spectacular!!!
The concierge (Greg Hall) was absolutely amazing, he helped us plan out 4 day stay in LA and we were not at all disappointed, he also organised champagne for is on arrival. Greg is an asset to the Mondrian and a lovely person!
The food... Amazing
Service...... Extraordinary
Location...... Perfect
We wouldn't stay anywhere else in LA, can't wait to come back!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Daniel G, Guest Experience Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Sunshineandlollipop Congrats on your marriage!!. Hope the wedding was amazing... because I see the honeymoon was!!!! Greg Hall is a wonderful asset to the concierge team and the hotel. Thank you for recognizing him. Hopefully we will see the both of you on your anniversary! Thanks for the comment.
Vancouver BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights in July 2012. Overall great experience with one hiccup which I have to drop them a star for. Upon checking into our 1 bedroom suite we were put into a smoking room on a smoking floor. It was disgusting to say the least as a non smoker. We had requested a non smoking room upon booking and actually I wasn't even aware hotels even permitted smoking in rooms anymore. The front desk girl at first said non smoking rooms are only a request. What! Hey if you request a non smoking room you expect one. Anyway they didn't have another suite so they put us in a King Corner which was smaller but had a much better view of the pool area and beyond. We actually liked it better than the more expensive 1 bedroom suite. They credited our account the difference because this was a less expensive room.

From there it was pure bliss. The pool was great to relax all day. The food in the restaurant was great and Skybar at night was great. When back in the area I will stay here again but will make it clear a smoking room is not an option when booking.

Room Tip: The King Corner is nice. The 1 bedroom suite has a poor view and other rooms are better.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Daniel G, Guest Experience Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Hi MacdaddyVancouverBC. Love the “pure bliss” part! Unfortunately our hotel does have some smoking floors available. A must for our European travelers! I do apologize for your experience. At times, due to occupancy, these last sell rooms are used. Glad a good alternative was found for you. Hope you get a chance to check out SKYBAR again this summer…it’s totally off the hook! Next time you book with us, contact me directly. I will make sure you are well taken care of!
Coronado, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I took my 10 year old to the Kids Choice Awards (Nickelodeon Awards) in LA over the weekend and we used Jetsetter to find a hot hotel. the Mondrian was unreal, super sexy rooms, pool and lobby. But the thing that stood out was their staff. Everyone was so NICE and helpful. I wasn't one of the supermodels lounging by the pool, instead was a yoga mom squiring my kid around. From the desk to the valet to the concierge, the folks were down to earth, helpful and genuine. The crowd was Hollywood meets South Beach with a lot of good looking wannabees. We never felt like we didn't belong and the kitchen even made my kid breakfast for dinner. If you want to get a quick feel of what it means to be a star, this is it.

Room Tip: No advice, didn't see any other rooms. I asked for room on strip for noise reasons.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Daniel G, Guest Experience Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Well Hello KellyandMckenzy- loved the comment! Mondrian LA has to give you the coolest mom award. Taking your kid to the Kids Choice Awards and staying at awesome hotel…what a treat! Our staff is amazing and they each bring something special to this hotel. That's a big reason why people come back year after year... as well the amazing food at Asia de Cuba and with Skybar still rocking strong! We look forward to having you and your kids back again. Cheers.... p.s. breakfast for dinner is the best!
Dallas, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I vacationed in LA last spring. We spent a few days at the Mondrian and it was awesome!! The decor in the rooms is great and the see-through shower is really cool! The rooms(suites) are a good size and I think I remember them having a DVD player, which was a really cool feature. I think there may have been some renovations going on when we went but I am sure they finished. I bet it looks great. The bar/pool is a hot spot in the city. My favorite thing was the couch in the living room. The food was no good, but there are several awesome places to eat in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Linsay M- thanks for the comment. The DVD player in the room is a very cool feature. Nothing like bumping some tunes while you get ready for the night! Yes, there have been some new renovations to our lobby. The old front desk area is now is a lobby coffee/bar. Amazing coffee drinks only a few steps away from the elevator. At night it becomes our Lobby Bar for full F&B enjoyment! Also we touched up Asia de Cuba and Skybar. Everything looks amazing. Hopefully you visit us soon so you can experience it yourself. Cheers!
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel is more than worth the spend. The rooms are huge and the mini bar well stocked. It is centrally located and transforms into the chill spot at night. You are guaranteed to feel like a star at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hi Tygerpuff- thanks for the comment. I am happy you enjoyed your travels with us. Any chance to try our delicious mojitos? Hope to see you soon. Cheers!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

For US standards, the rooms are small. The style however is a beautiful contemporary baroque, not only in common areas but also every room is very well designed (e.g. the mirror becomes a TV)
The swimming pool is nice, a lot of young people, glamourous, lively but still relaxing. The advantage of being a hotel guest is also the fact that you have access to the skybar (which is the pool area in the evening that is transformed into a lounge bar) which is very nice and "happening".
Breakfast a la carte was very good.
It's not cheap but fairly priced given the location and the quality.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hey there IIGeno- happy you noticed the funky and sexy furniture design at the Mondrian LA. Our designer Philippe Starck wanted to bring a sexy Alice and Wonderland / beach theme to our property. My favorite pieces are the over-sized tree pots that by the pool deck and Asia De Cuba outdoor dining area. Just cracks me up how huge they are. Glad you where able to check out the pool and Skybar during your trip. The weather has been perfect for both! Hope you plan to visit us again. Thanks for the post.

Been to Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel? Share your experiences!