I stayed at the Mondrian from March 19th through the 21st while I was traveling for business. The hotel is very nice, modern and chic. I stayed on the 8th floor and had a nice room with a view of the pool.
Check-in was a breeze and took me 5 minutes, same with checking out. Internet is $10 per day for up to 3 devices. After checking in, I received a welcome basket compliments of the hotel which had some fruit and a bottle of water. I thought that was a very lovely gesture!
During my stay, I stopped at the Skybar and had a glass of wine. The Skybar is nice. The hotel keeps the poor area well maintained and it's covered by a greenhouse-type of plastic that keeps the wind out and the area warm. The pool is heated too, so on chilly days it's still nice to sit out there. A glass of wine at Skybar will run you $13, but the ambiance and the service make up for the inflated price. Keep in mind this is a hotel bar, so it's not as cheap as a restaurant. At night, they have security going into the pool area, and you have to give your room number and ID in order to get access to Skybar. This is great because it keeps non-hotel guests out of the area. The night scene at Skybar was lively and fresh. Lots of business men and women hanging out and letting loose, but still keeping it classy.
The room I stayed in was lovely. The tv is in the mirror, which was kind of cool, but it blocked the day bed in the room which made the room appear smaller than it actually was. The view is great, you have a nice view of LA and at night, the lights look so pretty and you get a feeling that you're in a city. The bathroom was clean and modern, but kind of small. Nice aluminum sink, but not too much counter space for cosmetics. The shower is big enough for two people and the water pressure was good, but I was a little disappointed there wasn't a bathtub. The hotel gives you a nice set of shampoo and conditioner, but the portions are small and I noticed they didn't give me more lotion on the second day of my trip. You may want to bring your own toiletries if you need a lot of conditioner, like me =)
I ordered room service my second day here. I ordered a bagel with butter and a side of bacon and a coffee and it ran about $30, it wasn't so much the food that was expensive as it was the added on service fees. If you don't want to pay for a huge carafe of coffee, the coffee bar downstairs gives free coffee until 9am.
Taxi's are always outside of the hotel and easy to grab. I thought this was great as I needed to get around and I didn't rent a car.
Overall, my stay was enjoyable and if I had to stay here again, I most certainly would. Either here or The London. If it wasn't for the Mondrian, I don't know if my stay in LA would have been as enjoyable as it was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new incarnation of one of the original luxury boutique hotels draws its inspiration from the serene coastal landscapes of Southern California and captures everything the Sunset Strip stands for – excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests are bathed in a sensuous daylight that highlights the creamy whites and warm marigold palette of the entryway. Mondrian Los Angeles also celebrated the recent introduction of three new public spaces, including new poolside cabanas, a lobby bar and café, and specialty curated lifestyle shop, BASE. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tablet Hotels, Expedia, getaroom.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood