Mondrian hotel was built as a apartment building and renovated into a hotel in the mid 1980s.
The rooms are relatively big and quiet considering you are directly in the center of Sunset Strip. Guest services staff are friendly and accommodating. Beds are comfortable. Bathroom is rather small. Nice Hollywood experience all the way around.
Most evenings the hotel hosts events in the pool area so it can get a little wild.
I would suggest the crowd would be of a younger, Hollywood, flash and glam group. If you are looking for a quiet tree lined atmosphere, Mondrian wouldn't suite you.
A big plus; you are within walking distance to restaurants, clubs, and attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new incarnation of one of the original luxury boutique hotels draws its inspiration from the serene coastal landscapes of Southern California and captures everything the Sunset Strip stands for – excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests are bathed in a sensuous daylight that highlights the creamy whites and warm marigold palette of the entryway. Mondrian Los Angeles also celebrated the recent introduction of three new public spaces, including new poolside cabanas, a lobby bar and café, and specialty curated lifestyle shop, BASE. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tablet Hotels, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood