We have just come back from our honeymoon which included a week at the Mondrian (and 4 nights at their sister hotel The Clift in San Francisco). We had a great week in LA!
When we arrived, I was a little worried about the location (given we had just come from Bellagio in Vegas), but quickly could see the cool West Hollywood vibe outside. The hotel was just lovely! The reception team (I think it was Richard??) had upgraded us to a beautiful room on the 9th Floor and even brought us a surprise bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries that evening!
The room itself was very large with a kitchen area, lounge area, massive bathroom and enormous super king bed. The TV was in an interesting (and v different) casing that had a light around it (which you switched off at the wall! laughed when read comment below from other review!).
The Skybar was very welcoming and the waiters in the restaurant were a good laugh. We didn't use the pool so can't comment on that.
All in all a great week, very easy team to talk to and the valet guys were always welcoming when fetching or taking our car. Yes it was $33 per night to park the car, but this is comparable and more expensive in San Francisco, so we knew to expect this.
In terms of location, there is a fab cafe nearby, plus Mels Diner (see guidebooks), plus lots of fab shops to look in. We walked to Beverley Hills from the hotel on one day which was fab! The only drawback with LA in general is everywhere is a drive, there is no "main centre", unless you count Beverley Hills, but thats not really realistic.
So, we wanted to put a review on here to say a MASSIVE thanks to the team for helping to make our honeymoon extra special! Thanks guys!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new incarnation of one of the original luxury boutique hotels draws its inspiration from the serene coastal landscapes of Southern California and captures everything the Sunset Strip stands for – excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests are bathed in a sensuous daylight that highlights the creamy whites and warm marigold palette of the entryway. Mondrian Los Angeles also celebrated the recent introduction of three new public spaces, including new poolside cabanas, a lobby bar and café, and specialty curated lifestyle shop, BASE. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Agoda, Tablet Hotels, Splendia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Reservation Counter so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood