Once a hip contemporary spot in West Hollywood, Mondrian has lost the essentials of hospitality industry. Based on my experience from few years ago, I decided to stay here for New year eve The hotel website was not fucntioning well for making reservation for few days in row. I called 1-800 number. The agent assured me that guest hotels are entitled to particpate in new year's party without extra cost, which ended up not being correct. The bed was old and uncomfortable. The poor lightning of the hallways which might have been cool few years ago, only help to cover stains and dirt on the carpets. They played such a game of cost change with me on phone, that I ended up getting this room from a third party with less price. Sadly enough, even with discounted rate, it was so not worth the money. The rooms do not have coffee maker, standard rooms are small. Going hand in hand, the party at Sky bar was average at best. Definitely less happening than many other events at that neighborhood. The only positive note here is the location, but there are so many better options nowadays. I wish I had stayed NYE night at London hotel like the nights before that, which is a true luxury hotel in the same neighborhood. Having said that, Mondrian is at a 3 star hotel level surving on previous reputation as a cool party hotel and if you can get a standard room for less than $ 250, it will be descent deal.
For the ones who have never been in this hotel, you should be warned that there is no true closet, a curtain separate a small storing space for the room, there will be an annoying red light around TV/mirror in bed room reminding of old brothel house which might be coola decade ago and so not cool nowadays. The pool has never been a real pool, very small and has been always an excuse to meet, though the crowd is changing too. The front desk lady was amazingly polite and professional but that was distorted by the interruption of the other agent who answered my concern by simply saying"Oh you made reservation through booking.com" as if the dollar spent there (about $400 a night) is not valuable.
I am personally sorry that Mondrian LA has gone down that fast, but happy to see there are few better options are just around the corner.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new incarnation of one of the original luxury boutique hotels draws its inspiration from the serene coastal landscapes of Southern California and captures everything the Sunset Strip stands for – excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests are bathed in a sensuous daylight that highlights the creamy whites and warm marigold palette of the entryway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Morgans Group, Orbitz, Agoda, Otel, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.