My family stayed at the Mondrian for 2 nights. Our room rate $369.00, but this does not include the West Hollywood tax of 14% per night and $33 a night for parking if you have a car. Keep in mind, your bill for the room each night will be much more than the room rate.
We made reservations at Asia de Cuba for our first night, and although the restaurant has a beautiful view, you will most likely have a better view from your room. We canceled and went to a local restaurant instead. It was a good choice. There are so many great restaurants in West Hollywood.
The Sky Bar fell a little flat for us. We came in early, around 5 to have a pre-dinner drink, and the women who served us had a wanna be actor attitude complete with a yoga hard body. When sober, you realize paying $14 for a small martini in a plastic glass is not fun, especially when it comes with a side of attitude.
We came came back to Sky Bar after dinner and it was pumping and great fun for people watching (think Shaws of Sunset) and our server was nicer this time. Probably because we were acting normal and we were polite.
The rooms are okay, I thought a bit dated and there is no coffee maker in the room, but the real gem of this place is the convenient location. The concierge was helpful (gentleman with horn rimmed glasses and blonde hair-nice guy) and the front desk personable. I should also mention, our shower had not been cleaned and we had to have housekeeping come and do so before we could take showers....this at over $369.00/night??
Next time, we'll be going somewhere else, but it was fun for a first time experience.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new incarnation of one of the original luxury boutique hotels draws its inspiration from the serene coastal landscapes of Southern California and captures everything the Sunset Strip stands for – excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests are bathed in a sensuous daylight that highlights the creamy whites and warm marigold palette of the entryway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Morgans Group, Splendia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Amex, Otel, Olotels, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.