I had written a review here on the Mondrian, after a 4 weeks stay at this hotel in 2006. My review was mostly negative, as I was ver disappointed of the rooms, and the lack of service. Design and goodlooks were more important then other aspects such as service and quality of rooms.
However, following major works in the hotel in the recent years, I wanted to give the Mondrian another chance, especially as my other favorite hotels were not available
I have stayed now 2 weeks at the Mondrian in october, and booked a 1-bed room suite. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by the improvements. The rooms have all been remodeled and are much more comfortable and practical then the previous Philip Starck design version. Also, the service seem to be improved considerably. Check however several times the booking rates on their website, as these might change after hour booking, and you might find better rates for the same type of room after you have booked it. In this case, it I advice to cancel your booking, and rebook the same room at the lower rate ( in my case, I got free parking and breakfast, as well as a lower rate then the initial booking). Overall. I can now recommend this hotel for singles and
or young couples. It is definitely not a hotel for families for kids
If offered the choice between the Studio and the one-bedroom suite , go for the later option, although both are sold for the same rate, as it is slightly bigger and more practically laid-out..
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new incarnation of one of the original luxury boutique hotels draws its inspiration from the serene coastal landscapes of Southern California and captures everything the Sunset Strip stands for – excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests are bathed in a sensuous daylight that highlights the creamy whites and warm marigold palette of the entryway. Mondrian Los Angeles also celebrated the recent introduction of three new public spaces, including new poolside cabanas, a lobby bar and café, and specialty curated lifestyle shop, BASE. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Jetsetter, Hotels.com, Tablet Hotels, Splendia, Agoda, Travelocity and Amex so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.