“Good hotel if you're in LA to party :)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel

You added Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel to your Saves list
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8440 Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90069 (West Hollywood)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
LOWEST RATE + 2 COCKTAILS
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Good hotel if you're in LA to party :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Let's be honest, while the hotel is relatively good you would choose Mondrian because you wanna hang out at skybar (pool or bar) and eventually go to nearby hollywood clubs. The hotel is really noisy due to skybar and you would have plenty of party ppl at 2 am in your lobby! But well I was there for this very reason so I was happy with that! Rooms are actually nice (had a large corner room) with stylish yet warm furnitures. Bathroom was really minimalist (I'm being nice here). One shower, one small sink and the toilet in the between, that's pretty much it. No marble. Oh and they put a tent over over skybar in winter so it doesnt get too cold.

Overall a fun place for a party weekend!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Rich O, Hotel Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I am glad that it seems you had a good stay/good time with us recently. Weekends do tend to be busier in regard to the party scene..weekdays are a bit more relaxed. Glad you enjoyed yourself and hope to have you back again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Chepstow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We had a great stay, excellent location on the sunset strip, room spacious and spotless, great toiletries and robes in the rooms. Comfy, huge bed, great view. Breakfast delicious and all staff very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. Cocktails a bit on the expensive but worth it :)

• Stayed September 2012
Rich O, Hotel Manger at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Great to see that you had a nice visit with us recently. Thank you for your positive remarks. I am happy we were able to provide you with a memorable experience. Hope to have you back with us again very soon!
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights this week and I can safely say that I have never received such brilliant customer service levels from staff here at the Mondrian. From the Reception staff to the Room Service guys, they are all so efficient and polite and appear to take so much pride in what they do. A special mention has to go to Shelby in sales who bent over backwards to go that extra mile to ensure that all my requests were met.........and then some. It's a pity that other hotels don't employ such professional and dedicated staff these days.

The hotel itself is very chic however, surprisingly unpretentious. The rooms are brilliant and were cleaned immaculately every day. They are not huge but more than adequate for one or two occupants. Again, the attention to detail in the design, finish and guest comfort items is brilliant.

I don't want to wittier on about irrelevant things about the hotel so I will conclude by making a very bold statement that the Mondrian really has to be classed as THE best (experience) hotel I have ever had the pleasure of staying in and the staff are outstanding!!

Room Tip: A room on a higher floor on the pool side has to be the best for views. Noise is NOT an issue as the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rich O, Hotel Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments! I am so pleased you had a great visit with us recently. I will definitely pass your comments on to Shelby and our team. Again, thank you so very much and we look forward to having you back with us agin very soon.

Rich
Chesterfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at Teh Mondrian for the 4th time with my wife in September, We often stay at Morgans group hotels in teh states and in London. We stayed there because it has a reasonable location , Sky Bar and a great Restaurant.
I have the feeling now that The Mondrian is all about its image and less about its customers. Apart from the Reception I did not feel a warm customer service. The Rooms are OK but looking very tired now and due for a refurbishment.
The pool was often busy and beds taken with non residents, It is a small pool area.
We were disappointed that we could not go to the Sky Bar one night as they were doing a photo shoot, we were directed to another bar, where no one was serving, eventually someone came over to say that they would send a waitress over , who did not appear after 10 minuets. Very poor as were were paying guest at the hotel but seemed that we were in the way.
The food and drinks at the Hotel are very good.But the hotel is OK at best.
Probaly wont visit again.

Room Tip: Upgrade!# Higher Rooms have great views
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rich O, Hotel Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Hello...I am very sorry you did not have a great visit with us recently. That you were not received in our bar is not acceptable and I am sincerely sorry. Definitely not the perception we want our guests to experience. Please feel free to contact me on you next visit and I will ensure you are well taken care of. Thank you very much.

Rich
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had the most amazing week here. First Saturday night we had terrible neighbours but the hotel staff handling the situation of loud music until 6am with aplomb.
The Asian deCuba is fantastic! Have the short rib!

• Stayed June 2012
I am very happy you had a nice stay with us. Very sorry in regard to your noisy neighbors. Glad we could assist in handling but hope the experience will not keep you from returning. Hope to see you again soon!
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I am a big fan of the Mondrian LA they are my top and only choice of hotels to stay at in LA full stop. As with all Morgan Hotel Group properties the rooms are spotless and the staff (on top of being stunning) are friendly helpful and could not be nicely. The single nicest thing a hotel has EVER done for me was at the Mondrian recently, the concierge made a lunch reservation for me at a trendy restaurant ( which was a excellent ) I was entertaining a client and when the desert menu came was told the concierge was buying desert. It impressed the client and was the kind of detail that floored me and will keep me going back to the Mondrian whenever I am in LA. Beautiful hotel, great staff and a service level that is outstanding.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Rich O, Hotel Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Hello Christopher...

Thank you so much for your response. I am extremely pleased you had a good time with us recently! That we were able to provide you with great sevice and experience is truly wonderful.

Hope to have you back with us again very soon. Thank you so much.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I cannot fault this hotel. We stayed in an upper room facing down Sunset Avenue and overlooking the Hills. Room was of good size with funky design, a huge amazing shower and a very cool TV that appeared from the mirror when you turned it on, fairy tale style!

But it wasn't any of the above that made this place such a great stay - it's the fact that when you are staying at this hotel you are living THE L.A. experience. The restaurant, Asia de Cuba, has a truly innovative menu and food that will amaze even the most jaded traveller and diner. The staff, male and female, look like models and buzz around the hotel with great efficiency but somehow don't come across as snooty. And the hotel bar has a great night time setting and vibe.

Don't get me wrong, L.A. is not my favourite city in the world - I've always found it to be just too over the top image and celebrity obsessed. But when in town, if you can't beat em, join em, and stay at the Mondrian!

Having been to this place I'll definitely be returning the next time I"m in LA.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your great comments reagrding our Hotel! We are so happy you had a great experience and that you recommend us to others. I am glad we were able to provide you with a memorable experience and hope to have you back with us again very soon. Thank you.

Been to Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel? Share your experiences!