“Very cool rooms and overall experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel

You added Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel to your Saves list
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8440 Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90069 (West Hollywood)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
LOWEST RATE + 2 COCKTAILS
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Very cool rooms and overall experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

The hotel has a simple and completely white design, contemporary and the opposite of the dark average W-Hotel. Although a refurbished old hotel, the overall design is at the top end of the scale when looking at the average Ian Schrager hotel. Very nice and large rooms, creative and different clever layout/design which is also functional. Cool typical LA-style bar (screaming girls do to some boy group in front of the hotel), and very friendly/professional/competent staff. Simply a well managed hotel! The breakfast at Asia de Cuba wasn't great, but my criticism was handled extremely professional by the hotel, so that I don't belief it reflects the average experience (I in fact had some great breakfast there before).

• Stayed April 2012
ChloeGEM, Guest Relations Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
I appreciate your feedback! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the design and functionality of our hotel rooms. I am sorry you did not enjoy your breakfast at Asia de Cuba, but I am happy to hear that the staff handled your criticism in a professional manner. I hope you get the chance to come back and visit us really soon! Sincerely, Chloe Linder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I go to the Mondrian three times a year since 2005 and I have tried a lot of different other hotels in LA but none of them has its charm. Great location, restaurant and rooms. One of my favorite hotels in the world. I recommend it to everyone and especially if it is your first time in LA. Ask for a room with a view on the city.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
ChloeGEM, Guest Relations Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you for posting this awesome review. Glad you are a part of the Mondrian family. See you soon. Regards, Chloe Linder
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stayed there for a total of 5 nights. The experience we have is an utmost service. The staff from valet, reception and in the restaurants are all professionals and friendly. The knowledge of the staff in the restaurant are exceptional. Plus the foods are amazing and worth the price you are paying for.

The pool is close until May but am sure once it's open it will have an amazing atmosphere and tons of vibrant people.

Great job everyone!!

• Stayed April 2012
I love hearing this kind of feedback! Thank you for your compliments regarding our service. I am glad our staff was able to provide you with a memorable experience. I hope you come back soon to visit. Sincerely, Chloe Linder
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

By far the best hotel we have ever stayed in. All the staff were super friendly, helpful and efficient.
The hotel is both light, trendy and laid back in styling. The pool was unfortunately closed due to refurbishment; however the staff were very apologetic and upgraded our room for free.
The room was amazing. The view was superb and the location I think is the best in L.A.
We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your nice comments. I am happy you had a superb experience with us! Please come back and visit soon. Regards, Chloe Linder
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I did not stay the hotel (though I have in the past, pre-renovation, and it was great, as are all my stays at Morgans Hotels ...) ... this time I just came for lunch, and it was delicious. The restaurant staff were gracious, hilarious, fun & knowledgable and I enjoyed an absolutely amazing meal with my friends. The view is gorgeous, and I can't wait go back after the outdoor dining area reopens in mid-May. totally worth it !!

The three of us had a TunaPica, a lobster roll, the calamari salad, then split 2 entrees (monkfish and the chicken with chimuchurri sauce) and 2 sides: the rice and the boniato mash. Then we couldn't decide between desserts, so we got the Coco de Cielo AND the Mexican donuts. OH MY GOD we were deliciously stuffed. That was probably enough food for an extra person at the table ! But I loved it all.

one of my favorite restaurants of all time, for sure.

Room Tip: The views of LA are incredible !
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent visit to Asia de Cuba. It sounds like you had an amazing time. I am glad you enjoyed the service and food. My favorite dishes as well are the Tuna Pica and the Calamari Salad. We will see you in the summer when the patio re- opens. Regards, Chloe Linder
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I loved the Mondrian in LA. The rooms were huge, beds comfortable and big and I was lucky enough to have a city view on the 11th floor - perfect.

Malin + Goetz toiletries, a big shower and a small bar and working area.

The bed was at one end of the room and the sofa are at the other. An Alice in Wonderland style mirror housed the TV although the remote didn't work particularly well.

Ipod dock in the room.

The Sky bar downstairs is great at night if you want a drink and the food in Asia de Cuba is delicious. The rooms by the pool can get a bit noisy at night apparently so steer clear if you're not a party animal.

Breakfast was delicious with lots of healthy options and very accommodating staff.

I really couldn't fault the hotel after a 2 week stay.

Room Tip: Choose a higher level with a city view. They're peaceful and offer a great view onto the city!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback! I am really happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I am glad you liked your room and enjoyed the overall “Mondrian experience”. Please come back and visit us very soon. Regards, Chloe Linder
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We had a wonderful two nights stay at this gorgeous hotel. Arrived in the pouring rain a little early for check in but they were able to accommodate us and we had a pool view room. Unfortunately for us, the sky bar and pool were closed for renovations while we were there but considering it was a little cold at the time, I wasn't too fussed. The rooms are spacious and I was very impressed with the TV's in the mirror! We dined at Asia de Cuba which was wonderful and had a few drinks at the bar. My only complaint was that whilst at the bar, my husband went and ordered two drinks, requesting a nice tequila. The barman stated he would sort it out and gave him two tequilas. When i received the bill to sign for it at the end of the night however, these tequilas were $35 each! I think you should be told if your drink is going to be $35! This incident left a bad taste in my mouth as I think the rest of my stay was incredibly wonderful. Anyway, if you are not counting pennies and want to hang out with cool cats and enjoy a clean and wonderful hotel, this is the perfect hotel. There were even young girls waiting outside the morning we were checking out for a famous band who I never found out the name of.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us! I am happy to see that overall you enjoyed your experience at Mondrian LA. I will follow up on your feedback regarding your bar experience. If the bartender is pouring a $35.00 tequila you should definitely be advised prior to. I apologize for the lack of communication. I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and we hope to see you again soon. Sincerely, Chloe Linder

Been to Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel? Share your experiences!