“Great stay in L.A.” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8822 Cynthia St, West Hollywood, CA 90069   |
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
“Great stay in L.A.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Best Service, nuce individual location, best suited vor individual traveller's with Sense for the special. Excellent service on the terrace with nice overlooking of L.A. very good food and an excellent breakfast.

• Stayed November 2014
Nicolas-James B, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Sven, Sven, Sven! Have I told you that you are amazing?
We love it when our guests understand what our home is all about. Petit is definitely for the travelers that have a sense for special experiences, for those who don't, please contact me and I will help you find the right cookie cutter hotel.

Sven you are amazing by the way and see you again soon I hope.

Cheers,

nicolas@petitermitage.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Le Petit is a great place to stay in LA, either on business or to relax. It truly feels like home.
I stay there every time I'm around without hesitation and it's been consistently perfect. The rooms are great, the room service/restaurant is excellent and the decoration is subtle. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The rooftop is jaw-dropping.
Whenever a problem occurs, the staff timely solves it and makes up for it. It just happened on my most recent stay and the manager did a great job dealing with the situation. It has to do with the elegance this place has. I've stayed numerous times, I will stay at Le Petit on my next trip and the one after.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Nicolas-James B, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Paul,

Thank you for this great review and for recognizing Petit Ermitage as being a home away from home. This is exactly how we want everyone of our guests to feel like.
I am glad you are coming back and staying with us, just e-mail me prior to booking your reservation as I would love to be your ally starting today!

See you soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at the Petit for 3 nights last weekend and I feel like it was exactly what I needed to get away and recharge. The hotel allows dogs and my pitbull Cadillac felt like totality while she stayed with me. The rooms are amazing and the service isn't even service, it's like hanging out with friends and you happen to be their guest.

• Stayed November 2014
Thanks for your review!

You clearly get what we are all about which is to transport our guests on a magical journey.
We were so glad to have you stay and Cadillac stay with us.

We miss you!!!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Mixed feelings about what used to be a fantastic hotel. This was my 6th year staying at Petit Ermitage and what a noticeable decline in the care for the guests. Nothing but problems from checkin and customer service. Room was not ready until after 5:30pm, I was told it was guaranteed by 4pm. Wrong room at checkin. Room keys would not work, it took 2 full days to get working room keys. Partial luggage delivery. Air conditiong did not work in the afternoons. Front desk promised they would notify me when room was ready and to relax at the pool until it was ready. I was never notified. They promised to deliver new working keys. Never delivered. Sent a package the day before checking to the hotel for a business meeting. it took 2 days and constant complaining to get the package delivered to me 48 hours after the request and after my meeting had passed. Chelsea the manager was great at resolving some issues but unfortunately she couldnt be there 24 hours so others issues remained ignored by front desk nor did they care to follow up. There was just no care and concern for guest service. For the price of this hotel you expect to have some kind of timely resolution and attention. I felt like had checked into the Ramada Inn down the street. The problem after problem and lack of concern and lack of follow up by the front desk left me to recommend next years group to stay anywhere but Petit Ermitage. Hopefully this is not an indication of a decline starting to happen at Petit Ermitage. If you think you may need some customer service, stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: The rooms on the west side get very hot in the afternoon. Air Conditioning may not keep up in the a...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Let's talk! I am sure we can resolve this. Just email me your contact.

nicolas
nicolas@petitermitage
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Loved this hotel. Quaint hotel in the heart of WeHo, Great spacious room. Amazing roof top pool and lounge area. Tasty roof top restaurant too. Good fast wifi. Excellent service - this group is exceptionally customer service oriented. Special thanks to Chelsea at the front desk for making everything go smoothly with a smile. I'll be back for sure!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Nicolas-James B, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hello William,

What a great review! Thank you so much for staying with us and for recognizing that our "home away from home" is nothing but a gem!
Everyone works very hard to provide an incredible guest experience and I am glad you recognized it. I will make sure to let Chelsea know that you took the time to mention her in your review. She will be thrilled to read it I am sure.

In any case, we hope we have the pleasure of hosting you again soon and make sure you reach out to me directly in the future as it would be my pleasure to be your ally.

Thank you again!

Knoxville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very mixed feelings about this hotel. Some parts were really good. Like the rooftop restaurant and pool area with fireplace. We had dinner and the food was very good but table service was so so. The breakfast had lots of beautiful fresh fruit and what tasted like homemade granola. However, there was a maintenance man standing on a railing doing awning maintenance right next to the table we had breakfast on.
The overall ambiance is good but I think overpriced. It is in an old interesting building, but the finishes and furniture looked worn. My room was very dark with old dirty looking carpet and not good lighting. The balcony was worn and odd that there was only 1 chair on it. The drinks for sale in the room are overpriced. And there are some drinks in the bar frig and on the menu that have really disgusting names - they could do without this.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Nicolas-James B, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hello there,

Thank you for staying with us, I would love to speak with you about your stay.
You may send me your contact info and we can arrange a phone call?

Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The room was great both in terms of decor and cleanliness. Location was great for us too. Rooftop area dining was a reall relaxed affair with good food. If the room, location and dining are your key requirements then I would recommend. However, if relaxing by a pool (even for a hour) is an important part of your stay then I cannot not recommend the hotel. The pool area gets crowded early on with people spreading themselves across two or three beds when one would do - I think the staff need to manage this better. I was also disappointed by the fact that there were spare beds near the roof top pool but they were reserved (though no-one was using them) for people would spend a minimum of $250 at the bar/dining. I would much rather a hotel, when space is short, looked after those who stayed in the hotel and not force you to spend $250 even if it mean a slight adjusment to the actual room prices..

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review and also for staying with us.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay for the most part. Our four cabanas do have a minimum food and beverage spent on the week-ends. These cabanas are very popular and reserved consistently but we do offer other options like the day beds you mentioned in your review. If you contact me directly next time you plan a visit to West Hollywood, I will make sure to be your ally and will be more than happy to reserve seating arrangements around our beautiful pool.

Best,

nicolas@petitermitage.com

Been to Petit Ermitage? Share your experiences!