“Unique Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Alexandria, Egypt
“Unique Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

After reading the reviews, I wasn't quite sure how this hotel would turn out, but luckily it was great. It's not a usual hotel, it has its very own character. The whole hotel has this vintage vibe which is really new and very nicely made. The rooms are very spacious and the bed is very comfy. The hotel is very clean and smells amazing all the time. '

The hotel staff is really helpful and friendly especially chelsea and christopher. Our car got toed one day and chelsea did everything she could to help us locate our car.

The pool and rooftop area are just magical. Very nice location and center to all L.A

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Skydivenick, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Unique is one of the many reasons why I decided to work here.
We are a very special and original hotel. If you are looking for a cookie cutter place to stay then stick with the big corporate branded hotels. On the other hand if you are looking to stay in places that provide an Experience than you will love us and will come back asking for more, guaranteed!

E-mail me and I will send you my contact, this way next time you plan a visit you can call me and I will handle everything for you.

nicolas@petitermitage.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were only here for one night back in March, and we immediately regretted not having stayed longer! First of all, the location was great - close to the Sunset strip, and we were in a great position to see the Chinese and Dolby Theaters the next day.

Pros-
The rooms are quaint but classy. The hotel's name rings true not only for its meaning, but also for its French/European influence. Beautiful art around the hotel and a calm, relaxing decor/ambience made us feel very much at ease.

Location is, as noted, in West Hollywood. Since you're going to have to drive everywhere in LA anyway, this location is as central as any to whatever sightseeing you want to do - particularly not too far from The Grove.

The rooftop pool/fireplace was the icing on the cake, and we would've enjoyed it better if we had gotten there earlier, but it was a little chilly by the time we got there.

Everyone who helped us - from check-in/check-out to valets to bellboys - was incredibly nice and accommodating.

Cons-
Valet parking, like everywhere else in LA it seems, was expensive (around $30 for the day if I remember correctly).

I would DEFINITELY stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello,

I am glad to hear that you plan on coming back to stay with us, this time stay a week or two like many of our repeat guests you will not regret it.
Just send me an e-mail and I will handle everything moving forward.

A bientot!

New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed here two years ago, and thought it was an absolute gem; upon return this year, found the property in need of a refurb, and not just in hard and soft goods, but in pretentiousness. The unique decor and vibe still impress, but if you look, the edges are fraying, and not just a little. While the front desk staff and bell staff were great, I cannot say the same for the rooftop pool service; it appears the rooftop sells memberships, so it is not for guests only, and it shows. While the "world" music is interesting for a bit, it really feels contrived after about an hour - trying a lot too hard, in short. When I return to WeHo/BH, I would definitely stay at the London or the SLS, and would give this tired old queen of a property a pass.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Please e-mail me your phone number as I would love to speak with you in person about your stay.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We were there from May 25 - 31. We had 2 rooms and really did enjoy our stay. The staff was very kind & helpful. It is, as others have said, a beautiful, unique hotel. Wonderful art & very eclectic. The rooftop is very special and worked out very well for us as we had different family members meet up with us. The Jazz we heard one night was phenomenal. So it worked out wonderfully for us, and I hope to stay there again. But if I were management, I would look a lot closer at the work of housekeeping. They missed an obvious makeup mark on the bathroom wall right next to the door. I cleaned it myself. As with a pillow that had a black mark and was never changed. It was expensive and I would expect a little more from housekeeping. Also surprised at the intense water pressure in the shower. Would think that being in California and water so precious, they would have water reduction in shower. Most pressure I've had in years. That's coming from Michigan(we have a well).

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, street side and it was fine. Just ran the air at night for quiet(street...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Nicolas-James B, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Elaine,

Great review and thank you for the feedback, it really helps us improve our service levels.
Petit Ermitage is definitely a cool place. The first time I visited the hotel I knew I wanted to work here as it's a very special place and here I am.
Please e-mail me next time you plan a visit back to LA or if you know of anyone travelling to LA you may just give them my contact.

In hopes of hosting you in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

So close to the Sunset strip, yet, quiet, charming, and so well done. Original artwork throughout the property, excellent food and service. The rooms are nicely sized and designed with thoughtful accents.
The rooftop pool, cabanas, and secluded fireplace are definitely a highlight and the nice part is, it's for guest only.
I'd return to Petit Ermitage in a heartbeat.

Hello Roger,

It's been too many hearbeats since you have left, we are still waiting for you!
Hope all is well and next time you MUST contact me so that I can meet you and be of any assistance to provide another memorable Experience.
I am glad you mentioned the fact that we are a private hotel. So many hotels in LA let the public have access to their pools to generate more money without even considering the paying hotel guests that end up not being able to relax due to pool parties.

Happy 4th!

nicolas@petitermitage
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at the Petit Ermitage in WeHo last weekend. Located just a block or so off of Santa Monica Blvd, the hotel is very eclectically decorated, from the lobby, hallway, and room artwork, not to mention the whimsical stairwells. The rooftop deck is quiet and relaxing. The room itself was large, clean, and well-maintained, with quality C.O. Bigelow products, robes, and slippers provided. My only quibble was that it took about 30-45 minutes for our charcuterie plate to show up on the pool deck, but otherwise it was a fantastic hotel and we plan to stay there again when we're in West Hollywood. The staff was excellent, and Christian at the front desk was a delight.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicolas-James B, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Hello,

As you mentioned it the location of Petit Ermitage couldn't be better as it's close to both Santa Monica and Sunset which are popular destinations. At the same time it's nestled in a quiet neighborhood which makes it a relaxing experience for all of our guests as there is no noise traffic.
It's rare nowadays to find hotels that will provide you with bathrobes and slippers in the rooms as it's a way for them to save money but as you saw this is not the case here. We are all about creating THE perfect experience so everything is thought of.
E-mail before you make your next booking with us as I would like to be your ally and introduce myself so that I can personally welcome you to our family.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was going all the time in LA and stayed all the time at friends.
I wanted to try to stay in a hotel in LA.
I really find the right place ,Le Petit Ermitage is the right place to stay for business or vacation trip.
The people are really friendly and helpful .
The restaurant on the the roof is great,what a pleasure to have breakfast or dinner on the roof.
Now I will always stay at Le Petit Ermitage when I go to LA.

Room Tip: on the street was great quite
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Marc,

You are definitely making the right choice every time you come to LA. Petit Ermitage is truly a gem, I will always remember my first time visiting here. My friend opted to stay here instead of the previous property I worked at as he wanted a quiet relaxing place and not a party hotel. When I came to pay him a visit I fell in love with the place and next thing you know I am now managing it.

As I mention to everyone that I am in contact with, do not hesitate contacting me any time you or friends of yours want to stay with us.

In hopes of meeting you very soon.

nicolas@petitermitage.com

Been to Petit Ermitage? Share your experiences!