“Very Cool” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Very Cool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We were there from May 25 - 31. We had 2 rooms and really did enjoy our stay. The staff was very kind & helpful. It is, as others have said, a beautiful, unique hotel. Wonderful art & very eclectic. The rooftop is very special and worked out very well for us as we had different family members meet up with us. The Jazz we heard one night was phenomenal. So it worked out wonderfully for us, and I hope to stay there again. But if I were management, I would look a lot closer at the work of housekeeping. They missed an obvious makeup mark on the bathroom wall right next to the door. I cleaned it myself. As with a pillow that had a black mark and was never changed. It was expensive and I would expect a little more from housekeeping. Also surprised at the intense water pressure in the shower. Would think that being in California and water so precious, they would have water reduction in shower. Most pressure I've had in years. That's coming from Michigan(we have a well).

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, street side and it was fine. Just ran the air at night for quiet(street...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Nicolas-James B, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Elaine,

Great review and thank you for the feedback, it really helps us improve our service levels.
Petit Ermitage is definitely a cool place. The first time I visited the hotel I knew I wanted to work here as it's a very special place and here I am.
Please e-mail me next time you plan a visit back to LA or if you know of anyone travelling to LA you may just give them my contact.

In hopes of hosting you in the future.

nicolas@petitermitage.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

So close to the Sunset strip, yet, quiet, charming, and so well done. Original artwork throughout the property, excellent food and service. The rooms are nicely sized and designed with thoughtful accents.
The rooftop pool, cabanas, and secluded fireplace are definitely a highlight and the nice part is, it's for guest only.
I'd return to Petit Ermitage in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Roger,

It's been too many hearbeats since you have left, we are still waiting for you!
Hope all is well and next time you MUST contact me so that I can meet you and be of any assistance to provide another memorable Experience.
I am glad you mentioned the fact that we are a private hotel. So many hotels in LA let the public have access to their pools to generate more money without even considering the paying hotel guests that end up not being able to relax due to pool parties.

Happy 4th!

nicolas@petitermitage
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at the Petit Ermitage in WeHo last weekend. Located just a block or so off of Santa Monica Blvd, the hotel is very eclectically decorated, from the lobby, hallway, and room artwork, not to mention the whimsical stairwells. The rooftop deck is quiet and relaxing. The room itself was large, clean, and well-maintained, with quality C.O. Bigelow products, robes, and slippers provided. My only quibble was that it took about 30-45 minutes for our charcuterie plate to show up on the pool deck, but otherwise it was a fantastic hotel and we plan to stay there again when we're in West Hollywood. The staff was excellent, and Christian at the front desk was a delight.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicolas-James B, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Hello,

As you mentioned it the location of Petit Ermitage couldn't be better as it's close to both Santa Monica and Sunset which are popular destinations. At the same time it's nestled in a quiet neighborhood which makes it a relaxing experience for all of our guests as there is no noise traffic.
It's rare nowadays to find hotels that will provide you with bathrobes and slippers in the rooms as it's a way for them to save money but as you saw this is not the case here. We are all about creating THE perfect experience so everything is thought of.
E-mail before you make your next booking with us as I would like to be your ally and introduce myself so that I can personally welcome you to our family.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was going all the time in LA and stayed all the time at friends.
I wanted to try to stay in a hotel in LA.
I really find the right place ,Le Petit Ermitage is the right place to stay for business or vacation trip.
The people are really friendly and helpful .
The restaurant on the the roof is great,what a pleasure to have breakfast or dinner on the roof.
Now I will always stay at Le Petit Ermitage when I go to LA.

Room Tip: on the street was great quite
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Marc,

You are definitely making the right choice every time you come to LA. Petit Ermitage is truly a gem, I will always remember my first time visiting here. My friend opted to stay here instead of the previous property I worked at as he wanted a quiet relaxing place and not a party hotel. When I came to pay him a visit I fell in love with the place and next thing you know I am now managing it.

As I mention to everyone that I am in contact with, do not hesitate contacting me any time you or friends of yours want to stay with us.

In hopes of meeting you very soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is situated in WeHo, the main gay district of Los Angeles. The result was a really cool local vibe, with a strong local arts community, millions of cute tiny dogs and some great food options close by.

Our room was enormous, coming with a fully equipped kitchen, large bathroom and king sized bed, plus a huge TV. It was spotlessly cleaned each day. We ordered room service one night which was expensive but excellent quality.

As LA is such a huge city, you will need cabs at some point. However we could walk to Hollywood boulevard, Beverly Hills and a Rodeo drive within 45 leisurely minutes without much trouble and we had breakfast within a ten minute walk each day.

The rooftop bar/terrace was fantastic, a great of use of space with a very smooth vibe. Its a must to take in a great view of the city at night and gives a rare feeling of space.

We would happily stay again if we return to LA.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Love the title of your review!

We definitely do not cater to the cookie cuter crowd that is use to redundant boring hotel experiences. Our property is more for the world experienced travelers that like to have fun and that are open minded like you mentioned.

I would like to personally host you next time you plan coming back. E-mail me and let's keep in touch.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

only complaint, and it is a major complaint, is the sheets smell like detergent..they need to use a non-allergy, free & clear cleaning product.

the property is special in every respect .. the staff is awesome.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Hello,

Thank you for the review. The staff is indeed awesome, everyone will go above and beyond to make every one part of our family.
See you soon I hope! Please contact me before your next visit.

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

For the price, it's a steal...

Make sure you take advantage of the pool deck upstairs, it's amazing. I woke up very early all three days that I was there and took a duo in the pool (it's open 24 hours).

The rooms are beautifully, very clean and spacious. The staff is very friendly. The staff upstairs was taken over by a band playing one night, so I don't hold the bad service on them. The band however, which was free if charge to attend, was amazing. It wS just hard to grab the waiter for a drink.

All in all, this will be the place if stay for all future LA trips. I highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Sean,

You said it all in your review, Petit Ermitage is THE place to stay when coming to LA, that's if you like hotels that provide you with an Experience that keeps you wanting for more.
Be sure to reach out to me next time you plan on coming to LA.

nicolas@petitermitage.com

Been to Petit Ermitage? Share your experiences!