“A touch of Europe!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Petit Ermitage

You added Petit Ermitage to your Saves list
Petit Ermitage
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8822 Cynthia St, West Hollywood, CA 90069 (West Hollywood)   |
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“A touch of Europe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I recently stayed at the Petite Ermitage for two nights and it was a refreshing way to experience Los Angeles. I have experienced most of the famous Los Angeles hotels and I would rather stay here than there. Why? Intimate. Charming rooms with fireplace. Fantastic rooftop restaurant, pool and lounge. Not a production to get your car from valet. Friendly staff. Unique artwork in the hallways. I felt like I was in Provence eating breakfast on the rooftop outdoor dining room. Great location, easy walk to Sunset for shopping or eating. Quiet and peaceful.
Only negative is that they have one small elevator, but I was told that they are planning to expand slightly which includes another elevator.
FANTASTIC CHIC HOTEL

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicolas-James B, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
It only takes one stay to get hooked on Petit.
Our house definitely has a French flair to it and we are planing on expanding it right next door.
Just e-mail me next time you plan a visit to LA as it would be my pleasure to be your ally.

nicolas@petitermitage.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our anniversary. The rooms are comfortable, with flat screens, fireplaces, and well thought out lighting. The bathrooms are small but well stocked. The rooftop garden and pool make the place. Very romantic for any meal, or just lounging near the fire. Fresh cookies at check in were a sweet touch. The one bitter note is the $36 parking charge. As my husband and I arrived separately, the parking was $72! For a hotel with rates starting at $300, do they really need to overcharge on parking? My recommendation is to leave your car at one of the nearby lots on Santa Monica for $8 and enjoy the block walk through the neighborhood.

• Stayed April 2014
Hello,

I totally agree with you parking is expensive nowadays but that's the same story in any hotel you go to that is located in big cities. Have you seen the prices of parking in SF or NY?
I recommend you book our special room packages that include breakfast for two, valet, bottle of champagne, it's a steal!
Contact me next time directly and I will handle your reservation booking.,

Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Petite Ermitage is our go-to choice in LA. My wife prefers it to the Ritz-Carlton. Its hip, fun, cool and has impeccable service. Our last trip we had a family emergency and the staff went out of their way (and cost the hotel some $) to take care of us. And yes, we love the roof-top.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ritz what?
You can't even compare us to that chain. I mean who still wears name tags now days and uses the same scripted verbiage every time they speak to a guest?

You make the right choice by staying at Petit Ermitage every time you come to LA. There is no place like this anywhere in the city!

E-mail me so that I can get to be your host for the future.

nicolas@petitermitage.com

P.S: Hope your family emergency was not to serious.
denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Just stayed for the 3rd time and this wonderful boutique hotel never disappoints me! It's more like a comfortable home and is welcoming from the moment the valet takes your car! The food, the bed, the lounges, the pool, the decor--everything is perfect...but what really makes the difference is the welcoming smiles, courtesy and genuine sincerity that comes from all of the staff...the front desk, valet, waiters, maids --everyone is friendly and shares in making my stay homey and unforgettable. Thank you to all!!

Room Tip: Always book the junior suite that is spacious and has a balcony.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
It took you three stays with us to finally write a Tripadvisor review?? Just kidding. Thanks for doing that, it's always nice when people take the time to write positive things about their experiences.

I am so glad you are part of our family and I hope you come back soon.
Please please please contact me next time you plan a visit to LA as it would be my pleasure to be your ally before, during and after your stay.

North Hampton, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

This hotel has a rooftop pool with a view that is so beautiful. The rooms did need renovating, but the location is really good, and honestly, when you are in the hotel. The rooftop is the place to be. I would definitely stay there again if we go back to LA

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
A gem it is!
It's all about The experience at Petit and I am glad you plan on returning soon. E-mail me and I will handle everything for you.

Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

A cute, boutique hotel tucked away in West Hollywood! This was a great place to stay when touring LA for the first time. My wife and I stayed here for a couple of nights in late December, and got it at a very reasonable price. I booked it in part because of the location, and boy, was I right! It's very conveniently located within walking distance to plenty of restaurants, shops, etc. (including a juice cafe where we ran into Joe Jonas!). The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the room was very cute -- exactly what we were looking for. We spent a few minutes on the rooftop lounge as well, and took in the awesome view. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ezra I am waiting for an e-mail from you with reservation requests!!! It's been a few months already, time to come back and have more fun experiences.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Note: please look at photos to verify authenticity of review
Incl: Pros - Cons - Final Word

The Pros:
The premises are very good in terms of size and location, also super artsy, funky... and clean!
Breakfast is very good. Lunch & dinner (same menu) is a mix of good dishes (Kale & quinoa salad) and dishes that sound great but taste "meh" (for ex. Lamb meatballs).
In equal proportions, some of the staff is professional and friendly, some is inexperienced and friendly, and some are plain unhappy.

The Cons:
Management needs to retrain some of the staff and say goodbye to those who don't want to be there.
The lunch/dinner menu needs to be worked on. We ordered many items and found dishes uneven in freshness and prep. - from crispy salad, delicious beets to cold french fries and bland lamb meatballs.

Final Word:
I definitely recommend staying at the Petit Ermitage, relaxing on rooftop with a glass of vino and an order of the Meditarranean platter. And please give constructive & honest feedback so they can grow better. Also, try taking the stairs instead of the elevator, you may find yourself surprised...

Room Tip: Choose a room on 1st or 2nd floor, avoid 3rd floor. We got two rooms, one on 1st floor was great, th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Nicolas-James B, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. I am actually the new General Manager at Petit and can't wait to continue improving the already wonderful service.
I hope you can come and visit LA again very soon as I would love to introduce myself and make your stay a perfect one.

Have a great week!

nicolas@petitermitage.com

Been to Petit Ermitage? Share your experiences!