“Different but fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 17 hotels in West Hollywood
Methven, New Zealand
“Different but fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was one of our more expensive hotels but worth every cent.
From the welcome at the front door to the private cabanas in the roof top restaurant, pools & day beds, outdoor fires & lanterns at night.. this was the perfect spot 5 minutes from Rodeo Dr & Sunset Boulevard.
There is night entertainment where we enjoyed our first very close 'Burlesque Show'!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ann K, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Hi Sharryn,

Happy New Year! From the sounds of it we were able to close out your 2012 Petit style. I love the emphasis of "very close" burlesque show and may have to borrow that description when telling new guests about it! It sounds like you got to enjoy our hotel completely, from the service to the food and private rooftop club feel. I am glad my staff took great care of you and even happier that we left you with a new experience to smile about and bring in 2013. Would love to be able to say hello next time you're in town and with us and wish you all the best for the new year!

522 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

A welcome one-night romantic escape for mom and dad from our children. A dream. The food in the restaurant is fantastic. We felt like we were in another country, not in our backyard of LA. We will be back and will highly recommend to our friends. We love this place!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ann K, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Weg86,

I am delighted to read you were able to sneak in a quick get away for the two of you, and even more so that you enjoyed the Private Rooftop Club, the food and service here with us...the upstairs does have a way of transporting you away from LA, doesn't it? Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a note here on Tripadvisor. I hope the relaxation and joy from your escape continued into 2013 and that we see you again soon. Happy New Year from me on behalf of the entire Petit Ermitage family!
San Francisco CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Some might think Hollywood, Beverly Hills and West Hollywood might be easy places to find a pleasing hotel, but in fact, getting the right spot can be tricky. Yes, a bungalow at the Beverly Hills Hotel would be nice (if someone else were paying), and, yes, national chain hotels are everywhere (but why would you want them in LA?), and trendy hotels flourish and die with the regularity of weeds in spring.

The Petit Ermitage is a great find. It has a fabulous combination of attributes: Perfect location, perfect size at only four stories, a perfect top-shelf roof lounge-bar-restaurant combo, and perfect staff. There are no nits to pick. Yes, it's trendy-- but not foppish. Yes, it has great food, but not a theatrical presentation of bit-sized cuisine. Yes, it is quiet in the room areas, but it's animated and urbane in the lounges. For the price and for the experience, it's perfect.

Room Tip: Ask to make sure the free wireless has good strength in the room. With thick walls, some spots can b...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Gordius,

first of all Happy New Year! We hope it got off to a great start and would like to thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write such a lovely review on Petit. We are delighted that you enjoyed our hotel, the art, the style and most of all the service. Sounds like you have had a relaxing mini-vacation and that is exactly what our whole team here at the hotel is thriving for. I shall definitely pass on your compliments to my team, as they do work very hard on making sure everyone receives a flawless and well-rounded experience. Please do let us know if there is ever anything we may be of assistance with in the future. So again, on behalf of the entire Petit Ermitage family: thank you and see you again soon!
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We asked for the valet parking for both nights of our stay, bur ended up seeing our car left outside on the street one night instead of in the garage. The valet told us he got a request from the front desk saying that the guests (us) would need the car so just go ahead and pull the car out. THAT WAS A LIE, the only time we would call for services is when we need food! They pulled our car out so they could park the Bentley's in since it appeared to me there was a private party held at the rooftop that night. We requested an explanation, the front desk guy (a short Caucasian dude, should have jotted his name down and let it go public here) at first denied it and, of course, did not apologize. He even said "But your car is okay, no?". Eventually, he took off the parking fees. But HEY DUDE, IT IS FREE FOR STREET PARKING if that's where our car was at, what's the point paying you $32 a night for your garage parking? Seriously, first time in my life that I did not tip the valet.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Alas, after many years of devoted patronage, I'm finally writing the love letter this gem deserves.

I have stayed here well over 50 times, and I've been loathe to write this review, just because I didn't want to arrive at my "secret" LA solace one day without a room due to sudden uncontrolled popularity.

I love this hotel. Everything about it. The small size. The personable and considerate valets. The incredibly sexy/cozy rooftop bar. The location, tucked away off the beaten path, but moments from the best restaurants in the city.

The beds are divinely comfortable. (No, this is true. Not just one of those "Oh my God, I was so tired, and the bed was comfy" reviews. I mean it.) In my terrific bed at home, I often wish I were sleeping on those sheets at Le Petit.

The shower is simple, yet unfathomable. Such water pressure (again, this sounds dumb, but MAN, there is no better way to enter the day). Balconies off most rooms, and really tasteful couches, and fireplaces, and friendly faces at the desk, and great food in the restaurant without EVER being stuffy. (Really, is there a better breakfast anywhere? No. Nope. Nada.)

And the VERY best part of this special nook (other than it being MY SECRET for so many years), is that it has a way of making you feel like you belong there among the beautiful. Even me. And in a city that seems to work hard at wearing you down, there is nothing I appreciate more than the way they lift me up.

Merci mon petit ermitage. Je t'aime.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor if possible, though any room is good. I've stayed in them all. But the BES...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Silent Crow,

We love receiving love letters and you have just made our day over here at Petit. Thank you, thank you and thank you for one, being part of our family for such a long time and two, for taking the time out to write about your experience here. I completely agree with you about our beds and the showers, especially when combined one after the other: h-e-a-v-e-n! haha And although I might be a tiny bit partial, I do agree about our breakfast buffet as I have not found anything quite like it myself elsewhere. Everyone here takes great pride in their customer service and it will be my pleasure to pass on your compliment to our staff, it's our pleasure to lift you up and we shall certainly continue to do so each time you step foot into our home, as it is yours as much as it is ours.

Nous vous aimons trop!
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I don't normally write reviews, despite the fact that I read them and take them seriously -free rider syndrome. However, I had to take a few minutes to give the Petit Ermitage Hotel its due credit. LA is a huge county with many cities and neighborhoods. It's easy to feel a bit consumed by such a large environment.

This hotel was perfect, because it made me feel as if I was staying at a friend's house or in my own apartment rather than the anonymous feeling one gets when staying in a sterile big box hotel. The hotel is situated on a very residential street, yet it's just a 5 minute walk to the lively restaurants and bars of West Hollywood. Additionally, assuming you have a rental car, the hotel's location offers easy access to rest of the region -drive 5 minutes east to Hollywood, 5 minutes west to Beverly Hills, 15 minutes west to Westwood/UCLA, 30 minutes west to Santa Monica. You really could not asked to be more perfectly situated for foot and car exploring. Or, if you're looking for a place just to lounge... they've got you covered. The rooftop bar, pool, cabana areas are small but perfect for spending a relaxing afternoon. I enjoyed spending a couple days of my vacation without ever getting into a car. The front desk and rooftop staff were attentive, well trained, had amazing manners, and not to mention easy on the eyes. You simply can't go wrong with a stay here, particularly if you get a good rate. I read some stories of folks spending in excess of $400/night for a stay. I can't quite say that I would be willing to pay that level for this property, but about half of that is completely appropriate and reasonable -depending on the season and demand. If you are person that wants a full service hotel and resort experience, you may be more inclinded to check out the Beverly Hilton, Beverly Hills Hotel, or Four Seasons Beverly Hills. However, if you want a super comfortable place to stay that is close to all of the action, then you are in good hands here.

Room Tip: If you enjoy sunlight, avoid the first floor rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Jonathan,

thank you so much for taking the time and writing such a detailed review, very much appreciated and Iam even happier that you really enjoyed Petit Ermitage and what it is all about. Feeling at home, or a home away from home, relaxing on our Private Rooftop Club and enjoying great customer service, which from the sounds of it you all received. It also sounds like you enjoyed the area and easy access to Santa Monica Blvd. and Sunset Blvd. with all that it has to offer. Our staff here works very hard to provide a well rounded experience such as you've had yourself and I will definitely pass this on to them and we will make sure that each time you are with us, you will receive nothing less. Please let me or anyone on my staff know if there is ever anything you would like us to set up or take care of during your future stays and it will be our pleasure to do so. Hope you had had a great start into 2013 and looking forward to see you this year! Happy New Year!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had a one day visit there. It was very memorable. Colorful, artistic, clean, fresh and very Hollywood. Lots of attention to details. Highly recommend it.

They had an iPod in our room with a fantastic playlist. I recommend they consider selling it.

• Stayed November 2012
Ann K, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear JackandJeffa,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a beautiful love note here on Tripadvisor. It is truly appreciated and I am so glad you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us at Petit and our quirky, colorful and artistic style and feel. And yes, isn't the ipod playlist great? One of my favourite things here! Unfortunately we cannot officially sell music, but should and Ipod ever decide to want to be adopted or to be kidnapped, we do apply a randsom charge ;).
Hope to see you again soon and please elt me and my staff know if there is ever anything we can do for you.

Been to Petit Ermitage? Share your experiences!