“An oasis...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Petit Ermitage

You added Petit Ermitage to your Saves list
Petit Ermitage
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8822 Cynthia St, West Hollywood, CA 90069 (West Hollywood)   |
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington, DC
“An oasis...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I've stayed at the Petit Ermitage about 4 times now and it's great every time. I do have one complaint, which is that they have discontinued their lemon ricotta pancakes, which i had started to dream about before every trip. I am so disappointed and hope they reconsider. Aside from that one problem, this is one of my fave places to stay in LA. The rooms are very spacious (w/ a pullout couch in the sitting area if you need to share a room) and the beds are super comfy. the rooftop is the star of the hotel tho. a french garden with private areas and flowers planted to attract butterflies on one side, a small saltwater pool on the other and a fire deck for drinks in the evening. I've stayed here for work and with my husband and both were great. Because the rooftop is a private club, there is good LA people watching up there. Rumor has it Johnny Depp has been seen there. They also occasionally have a sign at the front desk asking people not to take pics of celebs visiting the hotel. It's just a fun place with a casual, french country vibe. The staff is also really friendly and super helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Ann K, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Csfbrooks,

before I even start with a proper response to your gracious and lovely review let me tell you that I miss those lemon ricotta pancakes as much as you do and shall let our executive chef know how much you've enjoyed his food and maybe we will find a way to put it back on the menu with the next recreation. I hope however that you were able to try some of our newly created menu, as it is just, if not even tastier than the previous one. Now to the fun part, I am glad you enjoyed our spacious suites and custom made mattresses, and you seem to have fully experienced every beautiful and detailed section of our Private Rooftop Club, from the butterflies and hummingbirds in the french Garden, to lounging on our cabana beds by the saltwater pool and cozying up on the firedeck in the evenings. We take great pride in maintaining the privacy of our Private Rooftop Club so we cannot confirm or deny any Johnny Depp sightings but are very happy that you liked the casual atmosphere and our friendly staff. ;) Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely note about our property and staff, it is truly appreciated and we're looking forward to welcome you back into our family the next time you're in West Hollywood. And now I will go day-dream about those lemon ricotta pancakes and think of a way to bribe our executive chef to put them back on the menu.
Ann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

This was a well appointed,well located hotel but we didn't feel comfortable. Great pool on roof but we were only people over 40 there. Service seemed condescending
Clear mismatch between us and boutique West Hollywood Hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Ann K, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Dear Mr. Robert L.,

first of all, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, as this is truly the most valuable gift we can receive from one of our guests. I am deeply sorry you did not feel comfortable at our hotel. We usually have a great mix of people of all age groups as guests and even our private membership club has a well diversed age range. As far as service goes, our staff takes great pride in making every guest a part of our Petit family and are always striving for the best possible service experience, so your encounter is definitely not the standard of our hotel and I will personally address this with all of our staff. Dear Mr. Robert L, we hope we will get the chance to welcome you back again and show you the true Petit Ermitage experience and make you part of our family. Please contact me directly, should you ever come back to the Los Angeles area and I will personally make sure you are well taken care of.
Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Great location just off Santa Monica Boulevard. Easy walk to shops, restaurants. Understated setting in a residential area. Very quiet - ambience just perfect for this part of the city. Courteous, unobtrusive service with an attention to detail and name usage, throughout. I booked a spacious demi-suite on the third floor. Comfortable and spacious with cool amenities and appointments throughout. Check out the rooftop!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Ann K, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Dear brodericks_ireland,

you seemed to have found the perfect way to enjoy your Los Angeles vacation: shopping, restaurants and Petit Ermitage's private rooftop club. We are very happy you got to relax and enjoy your suite, the ambiance, amenities and staff of our hotel, and it seems as though everyone made you feel at home. I will pass these compliments on to our staff, as all take great pride in providing excellent customer service. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback and we hope to be able to welcome you back to Petit Ermitage the next time you are visiting the LA area.
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Lovely, relaxing hideaway just south of Sunset. Very comfortable rooms, with a super cool rooftop restaurant, pool, and bar. The rooftop is a great place to hang out with your laptop and get some work done. Service is understated and friendly. Will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

In town on business and my normal hotel was not available. West Hollywood was near my project. Nice room, comfortable bed, great stand alone shower. Maybe the quickest room service ever experienced. Great quality and presentation. I had possibly the best salmon dish ever from room service during my stay. All of the staff I encountered were very professional and acommodating.

Rooftop bar and restaurant not necessarily conducive to the single business traveler. But a great location for couples- romantic cabanas and roof top views of Hollywood.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

A converted apartment building. Nice at first glance, but cheap and nasty upon closer inspection. Small bathtub like a student share just cleaner. 'Concierge' who happened to both check us in and take our room service dinner order was rude beyond belief. Worst welcome I've ever experienced in to a hotel, and got annoyed when I asked basic questions about the menu.

When I asked if he was in a rush to get off the phone he gave me a bunch of excuses. I don't care what the policy of the hotel is or their internal workings, I just wanted some dinner. When service was brought to our executive suite (mistake) there was service added to the check. When I asked if it was, the boy delivering said, "The hotel takes that, I don't get anything". I questioned him and mentioned that they can't possibly expect their guests to tip twice, due to this policy? I suggested that perhaps he asked the hotel to share in the future.

To top it off, I ordered 2 (two) bottles of large water. The front desk rang me to say that they were out of large waters, and would have to give me small. I said fine, may I have 4 small then... But they couldn't provide this because they were out of water! I can't imagine a hotel being out of a basic amenity such as bottled water. What a shame.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

My husband and I travel often for both work and pleasure, and always pick boutique where possible. However, Petit Ermitage took boutique service, style and personality to a whole new level. From the stunning entrance, to the even more genuine and warm reception at the front desk. We were helped to our room which was charming, homely and still sophisticated. But the real treat began with a knock on the door an hour later - we meet the Liaison to Happiness. Grant introduced us to a level of service and warmth we've never experienced. At every stage of our stay he was quietly there to make us feel comfortable, share a chat fire side or organise things for us. From helicopter flights and reservations to tracking down the rand of boot my husband was after. Nothing was a problem, everything was a possibility and somehow we were made to feel like family more than guests. And all this at a place that remains chic and cool. Just without the attitude and insecurity.

If Liaison to Happiness was a scent, you'd wear it everyday and make everyone smile.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Petit Ermitage? Share your experiences!