“Fantastic stay in the heart of WeHo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of San Vicente Bungalows

You added San Vicente Bungalows to your Saves list
San Vicente Bungalows
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   845 N. San Vicente Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90069 (Formerly San Vicente Inn) (West Hollywood)   |
Los Angeles, California
“Fantastic stay in the heart of WeHo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've stayed here a few times and I'm never disappointed with this hotel. The atmosphere is just like nothing else. The layout is so perfect, I forget I'm in the middle of L.A. And the best part is I don't need a car to go out, since the hotel is just a half block away from all the nightlife and food and shopping I need. The staff is always amazing, every single one of them is willing to go out of their way to help me for anything I need.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was love at first sight when I walked in. A hidden oasis in a concrete jungle. A heated pool that I just couldn't get out of. A great atmosphere of people to conversate with and have a good time. I had more fun here than I did at the bars. Another great thing about this place, just steps away from EVERYTHING! The room was cute with paintings on the wall unlike any other hotel. The staff was excellent, especially Shaun who was there for any assistance I needed. I'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a bungalow suite.
Ventura, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I agree with the other review entitled A Hidden Gem. It reminded me of a B&B that I use to regularly stay in Miami Beach. The courtyard / patio area is very relaxing; secluded and soothing as the pool water flows in a small fountain. I will say it could use a fresh coat of paint and be a little more honest about the free breakfast (coffee, oj, fruit and some slim pickings of croissants) but then again that's not why I stayed here, and will definitely come again when I just need to get away from it all back home.

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice setting in leafy garden and pool. Great location which is convenient to West Hollywood bars and restaurants. Nice comfortable and clean quiet rooms too. Casual relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recently visited Los Angeles for a four day business trip. I booked my hotel reservations at the San Vicente Bungalows in West Hollywood. There aren't enough words in the English language to express my total experience at SVB. From the moment I arrived and walked up to the front desk the scenery was absolutely beautiful and breathe taking. The feeling was exclusively sophisticated with an “old vintage Hollywood” look. I was escorted to my room that was on the second level that overlooked the pool it was an amazing view. My room was clean and filled with all the amenities including a small kitchenette, too cute! The hotel staff were the friendliest group that I have ever encountered during my business travels so nice that once business was done I decided to extend my reservations for an additional three days. The San Vicente Inn is located in a prime location near shops and restaurants and a mall just down the road, everything was practically just outside of the front door. Since my visit at the SVB I have booked more reservations in the future at for both Business and Pleasure. The SVB is truly a hidden gem!

Room Tip: Room T and D
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently traveled to West Hollywood for a long weekend and stayed at the San Vicente Bungalows. After seeing the images on the site and reading about the property in several publications I felt very assured that I had found a gem in the heart of WeHo. Upon arrival the check in process was extremely slow and time consuming and took 10 -15 minutes just to run a credit card and sign some documents. When I arrived to my room there was an extremely strong dank, musty smell in the entire room. I opened the windows as much as I could, but there were no screens so it was not feasible to leave them open for extended periods of time. I ended having to buy a couple of scented candles and air freshener to help mask the odor. Each day when I returned from being out, the room had been straightened up fine, but each day I had to ask for towels because none had been left in my room. I was fine re-using towels and had hung them over the shower to dry, but housekeeping took them and did not replace them until I went down and requested them.

For most of the trip we had very mild temperatures, but on Sunday it was sunny and in the high 70s. When I returned to me room for the evening it was literally 80+ degrees. I plugged in the small window air conditioner but it did not work. The hotel staff messed with it for a good 10-15 mins before the decided it was broken. They brought me a fan, which did little to cool the room temperature, at least until the early morning hours when it finally dropped to the low to mid 70s.

All in all the service was modest at best, but the accommodation left quite a lot to be desired.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2015

Location is great. pretty much everything is near the hotel, santa monica beach, malls, gay and straight clubs, restaurants, etc. the hotel is not so easy to find though because there are no signs of the hotel name outside. pool is great coz of warm water. quiet inside. room is clean and has spacious closet. I did not like the aircon on my room coz it is making some funny but tolerable noise. But would be great if it is not making that noise. I really liked their shower gel, shampoo and lotion coz it has good quality.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to San Vicente Bungalows? Share your experiences!