“unexpected tranquility” 5 of 5 stars
Review of San Vicente Bungalows

You added San Vicente Bungalows to your Saves list
San Vicente Bungalows
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   845 N. San Vicente Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90069 (Formerly San Vicente Inn)   |
“unexpected tranquility”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

So I've been here many times before back when this hotel was the San Vicente Inn. I was sad to hear this hotel had changed from clothing optional to not. But in the end my stay was better than ever. No more worrying about drug dealers running around as there were none. It was nice and peaceful out. I got a great nights sleep for once. I love the soap, shampoo, and conditioner! Such wonderful scents! Of course the employees were great, especially Shaun at front desk. He was just filled with information of what to do and how to get there. I'll definitely be coming back again!

Room Tip: Get a king bed or a suite. You get so much more for not much more money.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We only stayed at this hotel for four nights, but we quickly learned to love some parts about it and got disturbed by some:

+ Location, location, location. Could not be better if you like West Hollywood!
+ Atmosphere - cozy little resort with a nice pool, lounge area and suitable back ground music
+ Large rooms, or should I say apartments? Microwave, fridge and a nice bathroom.
+ Nice and helpful service from everyone in the staff
- Very very noise sensitive rooms. If a family is playing in the pool, or a couple coming home after a night out on the city - you'll know.
- We were woken up twice by the neighbors' really loud bathroom fan. The second time, I complained, and there weren't even anyone living in the room at the time. And the worst part is that we did not get something near an apology or the slightest type of compensation.
- A maid barged into my room without knocking or saying something before. I was getting dressed at the time and that was a little bit of an awkward moment. Not very professional.

Summary: A cute little hotel with a lot of spirit and atmosphere, usually good service, large rooms and perfect location. If you want to sleep long and well, you might consider to choose another hotel though, since you will hear both the other hotel guests and if you are unlucky, noisy fans from neighboring rooms.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Tonawanda, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014

I traveled to LA from San Diego and needed an economical place to sleep. The SVB was extremely affordable and I stayed in a bungalow with a king size bed and private bathroom. The room was clean but it did need some work to make it seem less careworn. The attendance were friendly and accommodating. Parking was a premium and you pay extra and have to leave your key at the front desk. I didn't like that part of it. The grounds are cool but also careworn. Decks needed to be cleaned and also did most of the outdoor furniture. This was good enough for me being alone but not a place I would take my family. Definitely not a resort. They charge $10 additional for a resort fee.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

Very good value for the price. The location in West Hollywood is very good. The staff was efficient and help, if not over-friendly. The room was refurbished, but clean. Not the Ritz-Carlton except for the pricing which is at an affordable level that more than covers any shortcomings. I would recommend this if money is a prime consideration or for it convenience. It's not luxurious so if that's a issue, one needs to pay more and look elsewhere. I would stay again. Perfect if all you need is a clean bedroom.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I found this hidden gem online and are so incredibly happy we chose to spend 4 nights here. The west hollywood location was absolutely perfect. Central for all sorts of tourist adventures. Lots of great restaurants, bars and shopping in both directions. The staff were incredibly friendly and truly do an amazing job of making the place the relaxing oasis it is! We will be back 110% and have already been recommending the place to everyone we know.

• Stayed November 2014
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

My husband and I were greeted by a very businesslike, brusk young woman. We were given an ugly room that didn't have any clothing storage. The "closet" had one hanger, and there were no drawers or a bureau. The towel rack is not near the sink. The toilet stall had no wastebasket. The lighting was poor in general. I guess they don't expect people to spend time in the rooms, as they have the poolside area which is much more inviting. Still, there are little things they could do to make the rooms a lot nicer. The bed had two flat pillows, and when I requested more, I did get them from a friendlier young man. On day 1, the pool must have had a fresh infusion of chlorine as it was very stinky. The whole place has a smell anyway, of old funkiness. We kept the crappy window air conditioner running the entire time, hoping it would refresh the air somewhat. The entryway smells like urine. To think that i had actually been looking forward to staying there, the first place I've ever stayed that charges a $15 "resort fee." Yes, we did sit by the pool and have our coffee in the morning (at least they offer coffee and pastries). But next time I will pony up for a hotel.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashwaque Z, General Manager at San Vicente Bungalows, responded to this review, November 5, 2014
Thank you very much for your detailed feedback and please accept my apology for not meeting your expectations.I am not sure what the smell is that you have referred to but we inspect the walkways, public areas and the guest rooms daily.We are sorry to hear that you would not return, if you ever change your mind please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Regards
Ashwaque
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

Pro-NOTHING!!

Cons- everything
1. Additional charge when checking in
2. Everything was dirty
3. Additional charges when checking out
4. Poor customer service
5. Staff was playing at the pool during their working hours 6. Stains on everything 7. Poor management 8. "Breakfast " -coffee and a muffin -$20 9. Parking- -$20
10.Pool- you have to pay for the pool

Never stay here .. I don't mind paying for service .. But service was horrible ..

They charge me for towels having stains. When we use the towels to clean the floor.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to San Vicente Bungalows? Share your experiences!