“Not going back” 2 of 5 stars
Review of San Vicente Bungalows

Save Saved
You added San Vicente Bungalows to your Saves list
San Vicente Bungalows
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   845 N. San Vicente Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90069 (Formerly San Vicente Inn)   |
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Not going back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This place is no longer a gay resort. When we stayed here a few weeks ago there was a mother-daughter duo staying right across from our room in the shared bath bungalow and a pair of lesbians in the pool. Ugh! Talk about a party pooper. It was nice to see that the shared bath was recently renovated but there is still a lot of work to be done. In our room the laminate flooring was completely cut out from under the bed. Of course, you wouldn't know this until you pulled up the bed skirt and saw the old black wood planks underneath. The prices have gone way up too. This location used to be a cheap place to stay after a night of drinking but now it's prices are comparable to that of the Ramada down the street. They've also begun charging a resort fee. I asked about this fee and I was told it was for the free wifi and steam room. Seriously? Common...you can't call yourself a resort and still hand out actual brass keys in a hair band to guests for their rooms. Resorts have actual ice machines, not a home refrigerator with a bag of ice inside. Resorts have built in heaters not portable space heaters. Resorts have all the amenities at your disposal in the room...I shouldn't have to walk to the front desk to borrow an iron and board. I don't think I'll be staying here again especially after not having my watch returned last time. After checking out and driving home I realized I had left my watch in the room. Called right back to see if they had it and without even asking housekeeping or anyone else the guy on the phone said no. This had happened to me a while back with brand new Rainbow sandals, but after contacting them, they said they'd be at the front desk. When I stopped by a day later, they were no where to be found. I wasn't upset as much since they were just sandals but a $400 watch that was left in a room that no one had access to after except hotel staff???? I didn't get any sort of apology from anyone for the missing sandals or watch. So make sure you have EVERYTHING when you check out otherwise you'll never see it again. I personally will now be looking at better and cheaper hotels elsewhere and Über/Lyft it to the bars.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is in a great location right in the centre of WeHo - close to all the bars, restaurants, cafes and the rest. The hotel has a lot of potential but i'd say it's still on the up. Could do with a little bit of work (which I believe they're in the process of doing). The space is great. The hotel/pool is friendly and social. But there was a bit of discrepancy between prices -- I paid the same price for a room without a bathroom - as someone else paid for a room twice the size, with a bathroom - around $230 a night. This is despite there being a number of newspaper articles plastered around the hotel touting the $99 room. I'd say my room was worth closer to $99 than $220. Staff were great though - the guy that checked me in (can't remember his name) plus Carlos and Shaun - all did their best to answer my questions and keep me happy. I'd recommend the hotel but just don't expect a fiver star resort. Probably closer to 2-3 stars I'd say. But as I say - they're working to improve it.

Room Tip: If I had my time again I'd get a room with a bathroom. Everyone says get a room away from the po...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is one of the best value accommodations in West Hollywood and the most ridiculously convenient to the local gay bars and clubs you can find. It has it's own old world charm that you can't find in most places for the price.

There are a range of rooms most of which are basic but all you could want. There are budget rooms with a shared bathroom and larger ones with their own bathrooms ranging from small and functional to massive, all set around a central pool. Sunbathing is really only good for a few spots for four hours a day due to the buildings and trees but it has a great feel to it.

Please don't get me wrong, this is no way near any of the classier hotels around such as The London or The Chamberlain, but it's not trying to be and definitely not charging the same. My biggest negative would be the bathrooms which could do with a really good spray with exit mould, or just a total re-model but apart from that they are cosy and cleaned daily and again such good vault for the area.

The place was once male only, clothing optional and nicely sleazy and now under new management that has gone, but it is still a gay (more than) friendly place mixed in with straight couples and a few kids. It still can turn into a cruising area at times so I'm not sure I'd like the kids being around but it's still a lot of LA fun.

By far the best thing about it is the staff. Always there at the desk and always helpful and happy and a real joy to see them. I don't even have a favourite which is rare as they were all lovely.

Definitely staying there again. Thanks guys.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Colima, México.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was expensive, i stayed in January in WeHo then i go back in July, the prices are higher almost 200% in every hotel but for what ive paid i expected more.
There was a lot of noise, the remarkable about this hotel is the location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at the bungalows twice in August. I have found the bungalows to be a very pleasant place, and close to the restaurants and bars. I booked it when it was the "Inn" so was expecting a different collection of guests. Has since changed hands. More of a mixed place now which was fine. Be sure to request a renovated room. Better value for your $'s. The unrenovated room I first stayed in was not good value for the room rate. The staff were incredibly hospitable. Gave me directions and help for finding my way round. As an overseas visitor it would have been useful to have a local map, details of bus routes etc. Special thanks to Corey and Jeff for all of their help. Corey, you are very good at your job. Thanks for making me very welcome. I'll be back one day.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room with private bath.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My Uncle was just in West Hollywood from Arizona to have a minor procedure at Cedars Sinai Hospital. He is 86 years old and traveled by himself to stay at San Vicente Bungalows for the days during his brief recovery. I helped book his stay a month ago with primarily the location in mind but he has not stopped talking of how lovely the pool, the gardens and the staff were.
(Thank you to Javier and Corey who he mentioned as they made sure his travel was booked in a shuttle to get to the airport and taxi's to and from the surgery center).
Now when I visit with my sister I know where I will stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Henderson, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was in LA last week for business. I knew I would be driving around in traffic a lot, so I decided to book a hotel near shops and restaurants. I found San Vicente Bungalows in West Hollywood - it's a block away from Santa Monica Blvd where all the shops, restaurants and bars are. The cute little bungalows and lush gardens that I saw on their website charmed me right away. So, I booked a room with private bathroom for 4 nights. Please note that some rooms have shared bathrooms, which are cheaper. They also charge a $10 per day resort fee, which is basically for wifi connection in the room and all around the property. And the parking fee is $15 per day in either of their two cramped driveways - it's stacked parking so you have to leave your car key at the reception. The staff are really friendly though and I admire them for having a lot of patience moving the cars all the time.

Anyway, they gave me a room in a bungalow that has 4 rooms. Mine was a corner room at the end of the hallway and facing the street. And since it was facing the street, the windows are barred, which means I couldn't open the curtains. It was depressing. I was shocked at the plainness of the room when walked in. There was a bed with two little bedside tables, a flat screen TV, and a chair in the corner. I really wouldn't mind the plainness too much if not for the washed out white paint of the entire room that makes it rather dingy. There was no iron in the room so I had to wear a bit wrinkly clothes all week. The bathroom is another story. It was quite spacious but the shower stall is as old and dingy-looking as the rest of the room. Basically, my room reminded me of all the ones I've stayed at when I traveled on a super tight budget for 4 months last year.

The outside pool and garden made up for my plain, dark room. I sat in one of the cabanas every night while doing some work. They put lighted candles all over the garden that make the whole place so relaxing and romantic even, and a great place to meet other travelers. In fact, one couple told me that the room they're staying in was really nice, but more expensive than my room. So, I think rooms like mine are the budget rooms. Next time, I wouldn't mind paying extra for a nicer room.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to San Vicente Bungalows? Share your experiences!