“Great location and great staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of San Vicente Bungalows

Save Saved
You added San Vicente Bungalows to your Saves list
San Vicente Bungalows
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   845 N. San Vicente Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90069 (Formerly San Vicente Inn)   |
Melbourne, Australia
“Great location and great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at the bungalows twice in August. I have found the bungalows to be a very pleasant place, and close to the restaurants and bars. I booked it when it was the "Inn" so was expecting a different collection of guests. Has since changed hands. More of a mixed place now which was fine. Be sure to request a renovated room. Better value for your $'s. The unrenovated room I first stayed in was not good value for the room rate. The staff were incredibly hospitable. Gave me directions and help for finding my way round. As an overseas visitor it would have been useful to have a local map, details of bus routes etc. Special thanks to Corey and Jeff for all of their help. Corey, you are very good at your job. Thanks for making me very welcome. I'll be back one day.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room with private bath.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My Uncle was just in West Hollywood from Arizona to have a minor procedure at Cedars Sinai Hospital. He is 86 years old and traveled by himself to stay at San Vicente Bungalows for the days during his brief recovery. I helped book his stay a month ago with primarily the location in mind but he has not stopped talking of how lovely the pool, the gardens and the staff were.
(Thank you to Javier and Corey who he mentioned as they made sure his travel was booked in a shuttle to get to the airport and taxi's to and from the surgery center).
Now when I visit with my sister I know where I will stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Henderson, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was in LA last week for business. I knew I would be driving around in traffic a lot, so I decided to book a hotel near shops and restaurants. I found San Vicente Bungalows in West Hollywood - it's a block away from Santa Monica Blvd where all the shops, restaurants and bars are. The cute little bungalows and lush gardens that I saw on their website charmed me right away. So, I booked a room with private bathroom for 4 nights. Please note that some rooms have shared bathrooms, which are cheaper. They also charge a $10 per day resort fee, which is basically for wifi connection in the room and all around the property. And the parking fee is $15 per day in either of their two cramped driveways - it's stacked parking so you have to leave your car key at the reception. The staff are really friendly though and I admire them for having a lot of patience moving the cars all the time.

Anyway, they gave me a room in a bungalow that has 4 rooms. Mine was a corner room at the end of the hallway and facing the street. And since it was facing the street, the windows are barred, which means I couldn't open the curtains. It was depressing. I was shocked at the plainness of the room when walked in. There was a bed with two little bedside tables, a flat screen TV, and a chair in the corner. I really wouldn't mind the plainness too much if not for the washed out white paint of the entire room that makes it rather dingy. There was no iron in the room so I had to wear a bit wrinkly clothes all week. The bathroom is another story. It was quite spacious but the shower stall is as old and dingy-looking as the rest of the room. Basically, my room reminded me of all the ones I've stayed at when I traveled on a super tight budget for 4 months last year.

The outside pool and garden made up for my plain, dark room. I sat in one of the cabanas every night while doing some work. They put lighted candles all over the garden that make the whole place so relaxing and romantic even, and a great place to meet other travelers. In fact, one couple told me that the room they're staying in was really nice, but more expensive than my room. So, I think rooms like mine are the budget rooms. Next time, I wouldn't mind paying extra for a nicer room.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Carlos was great! Very nice and accommodating. Kept me and my friends entertained during downtime at the hotel. I would return the next time I visit. I loved the continental breakfast. It was delicious.

• Stayed August 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After having a horrible experience at another hotel in West Hollywood, and dealing with employees who don't know the meaning of customer service, it was a relief to find a nice hotel with employees who care. It was truly a surprise to see how welcoming and relaxing the San Vicente Bungalows are as you walk in. We had heard some negative reviews about the location, which is why we were skeptical to book a room here at first, but from the get go we were proven wrong. We were greeted with a smile by the person working the front desk at night, Shaun. He was very helpful in showing us where our room was, and even offered to park our car in their parking lot so that we wouldn't get a ticket. West Hollywood parking is a nightmare. Being we had a late checkin, and that they stop serving alcohol at 2am, he advised us on the best places to go so that we weren't wondering around wasting time.

Our first night in LA consisted of arguing with employees from a hotel who don't know what they're doing. Forcing us to switch hotels, which in the long run actually saved our trip. We also want to thank Shaun for showing us hospitality, and suggesting a few places to check out during our visit in LA. Next time we take a trip out to LA we definitely plan on staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I originally booked this bungalow for 1 night. As soon as we walked onto the grounds and into the room, we immediately booked it for a 2nd night. It was so peaceful, you'd never know you were in the heart of WeHo. The staff was friendly, accomodating and real pleasant. We only regret they were completely booked up and we could no longer stay there. Nice chaise lounge chairs surrounded by bamboo and a refreshing little pool that everyone seemed to enjoy. The Whiskey A Go Go is just a block up the street as well as convenient shopping and restaurants. May we suggest Amarone Italian near The Whiskey if you stay here.

Room Tip: We managed to get a suite through Expedia for $165.00. Best bargain ever.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My girlfriend and I came into West Hollywood and stayed at the bungalows on a recommendation from another friend. She told me I would love the gardens the pool and the staff not to mention the rooms were very reasonably priced.
We were close by to all the bars and clubs in West Hollywood as well as Sunset which made it all the more fun.
The staff were very friendly and very helpful. Cory, who checked us in and gave us directions to all the hotspots and Jeff who works the night made sure that we made it in safe because I forgot my key to my room. There was someone on staff at all times and they seem like they couldn't do enough to help make our stay more enjoyable.
I will recommend this place to all of my friends and anyone interested in having a good time in a relaxed environment at a reasonable price thank you guys! Lana

• Stayed July 2014

Been to San Vicente Bungalows? Share your experiences!