“wonderful time in West Hollywood” 4 of 5 stars
Review of San Vicente Bungalows

Save Saved
You added San Vicente Bungalows to your Saves list
San Vicente Bungalows
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   845 N. San Vicente Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90069 (Formerly San Vicente Inn)   |
Phoenix
“wonderful time in West Hollywood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My girlfriend and I came into West Hollywood and stayed at the bungalows on a recommendation from another friend. She told me I would love the gardens the pool and the staff not to mention the rooms were very reasonably priced.
We were close by to all the bars and clubs in West Hollywood as well as Sunset which made it all the more fun.
The staff were very friendly and very helpful. Cory, who checked us in and gave us directions to all the hotspots and Jeff who works the night made sure that we made it in safe because I forgot my key to my room. There was someone on staff at all times and they seem like they couldn't do enough to help make our stay more enjoyable.
I will recommend this place to all of my friends and anyone interested in having a good time in a relaxed environment at a reasonable price thank you guys! Lana

• Stayed July 2014

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

i had a really nice experience in thos bungalows i will recoment everybody to come here and obviosly i will come back ,i really aprecciate how good and helpful they are. thank you Carlos and Jacinto you are so great.

Room Tip: any of them are good.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Palm Desert
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I come stay at San Vicente Inn/ bungalows when I work in the area. The new changes that many people have spoken of in their reviews are true. However I think the changes are mostly positive and the charm and character still remain. This is not your run-of-the-mill hotel and is quite intimate, comfortable ,casual, and personable just like the staff.
The front desk staff especially Corey and Jeff, have always been so accommodating and nice.I enjoyed conversation and they make certain that I always get the room or rooms that I enjoy most. That type of hospitality is rarely found in hotels or guest houses anymore these days and I would just like to say if you want to have a comfortable stay without all of the pretense then please come and enjoy yourself just like I have.

• Stayed June 2014
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This former bathhouse/ drug den is under new ownership and has been given a makeover by the owner of other well known hotels (such as the Sunset Towers). Rather, the makeover is still in progress so you will have to forgive some problems they haven't quite gotten to yet and excuse the workers who are doing their best to get there. They work very quietly when possible, so they really weren't a bother to us. I just wish they had fixed the steps to our room before our arrival as they were very wobbly and scary! I know they're getting there though as they were replacing some of the decking during our stay. Anyway, this place was a bargain with a very relaxing and luxurious feel to the common areas and a perfectly heated pool (I could have stayed in the pool all day). The rooms are small and sparsley appointed but you will want to be out by the pool so it's not a problem. The only issue we had with the room itself was there was no counter or shelf in the bathroom and the pedestal sink had a slight slope to it so there was absolutely nowhere to set your toiletries. Hopefully, that will be corrected before our next stay but we'll be return customers whether that happens or not.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room that has been updated and ask for a tub, if you want one.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The staff was refreshingly friendly and helpful. Jacinto who booked my room was very gracious and accomodating. A young man named Corey also went out of his way to make sure I felt welcome and was very responsive to all my needs, questions and requests. With motel staff like this, I will be sure to return.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My partner and I stayed here back in '07 and '08, then it was a gay clothing optional resort. When we arrived here on 6/27/14, we were informed that it was no longer clothing optional and then in the morning we found out that it was no longer a gay resort either, but more family oriented instead. If you were to search the hotel on google, you would find that it still is.
There was an article written by NYT that is framed in the courtyard, according to it, the owner spent $3 million in renovating it. Neither one of us could see very many of the improvements that he had made. There is a brand new television in our room, and he did put new benches up in the courtyard, and some fresh greenery. However there is still a lot that he did not do, the bed needs replaced, the floors need new laminate flooring, and other things.
This is in a prime location, and the staff is very helpful and knowledgeable, they recommended many good things for us to do, and a lot of good restaurants as well. Thank you Corey for all the help this week!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My partner and I had stayed here twice 6 and 7 years ago respectively. And it was great. This time not so much. If a potential guest were to search on Google or Yahoo! or whatever search engine they may prefer, they would see that this is a gay clothing optional resort. That is no longer the case. The resort is no longer gay only, it is now a mixed clientele, but it is still gay friendly, and it is no longer clothing optional. We even saw a child here at one point, that was a little strange!
The resort is beautiful, there is a wonderful garden. It's very close to Santa Monica Blvd. shopping. Lots to do in the area. The staff are all friendly, Corey was very helpful in directing us to nearby attractions and what was going on at night at various clubs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to San Vicente Bungalows? Share your experiences!