“Top-notch Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of San Vicente Bungalows

Save Saved
You added San Vicente Bungalows to your Saves list
San Vicente Bungalows
2.0 of 5 Villa   |   845 N. San Vicente Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90069 (Formerly San Vicente Inn)   |
Los Angeles, California
“Top-notch Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The staff was refreshingly friendly and helpful. Jacinto who booked my room was very gracious and accomodating. A young man named Corey also went out of his way to make sure I felt welcome and was very responsive to all my needs, questions and requests. With motel staff like this, I will be sure to return.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My partner and I stayed here back in '07 and '08, then it was a gay clothing optional resort. When we arrived here on 6/27/14, we were informed that it was no longer clothing optional and then in the morning we found out that it was no longer a gay resort either, but more family oriented instead. If you were to search the hotel on google, you would find that it still is.
There was an article written by NYT that is framed in the courtyard, according to it, the owner spent $3 million in renovating it. Neither one of us could see very many of the improvements that he had made. There is a brand new television in our room, and he did put new benches up in the courtyard, and some fresh greenery. However there is still a lot that he did not do, the bed needs replaced, the floors need new laminate flooring, and other things.
This is in a prime location, and the staff is very helpful and knowledgeable, they recommended many good things for us to do, and a lot of good restaurants as well. Thank you Corey for all the help this week!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My partner and I had stayed here twice 6 and 7 years ago respectively. And it was great. This time not so much. If a potential guest were to search on Google or Yahoo! or whatever search engine they may prefer, they would see that this is a gay clothing optional resort. That is no longer the case. The resort is no longer gay only, it is now a mixed clientele, but it is still gay friendly, and it is no longer clothing optional. We even saw a child here at one point, that was a little strange!
The resort is beautiful, there is a wonderful garden. It's very close to Santa Monica Blvd. shopping. Lots to do in the area. The staff are all friendly, Corey was very helpful in directing us to nearby attractions and what was going on at night at various clubs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Schenectady, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here in 2000 for a few nights. I had heard about it before, but had to experience it. Great location, very close to the nightlife that is WEHO. and within walking distance of the Pacific Design Center among other things.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A friend and I recently stayed at the San Vincente Inn for it's location in West Hollywood. The location is good and we were able to walk to most of our destinations and the Inn had a secure place for us to park our car. There is a new owner to this Inn and they are working on restoration. Unfortunately, we received a room that had a bathroom that was quite disgusting. The tub floor was black with wear and grime, the grout between the tiles on the walls and floors was black in areas and the toilet tank lid was cracked. We saw an identical room next door to us that had a completely remodeled bathroom and according to those hotel guests, they were paying the same price we were. We talked with management and they adjusted our bill. However, I never thought they should have been renting this room in the first place. Staff were professional and kind.

Room Tip: Make sure you look at room J bathroom before you stay here or ask for a room that has been completel...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Matina L, Manager at San Vicente Bungalows, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear JChesterW:
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us in May. SInce then the bathroom renovations have been completed and we look forward to welcoming you back. So glad to hear our staff were very professional and kind.
Regards,
San Vicente Bungalows
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a very nice place to stay, and it is currently under re-construction. Although the sawing and hammering started a bit early, the overall atmosphere near the pool was very relaxing. I am afraid that after the renovations, the prices will go up drastically, which will not make this such an appealing place. The parking is challenging, but the staff will move cars in and out of their driveways if you block someone in. I would recommend this place as a very convenient location to Santa Monica Blvd, but if the prices go up, I would say go stay somewhere else. The rooms are very basic, and nothing extravagant about it.

In summary, it is a nice quaint bungalow-type room to rent, but not if you are expecting the same thing as the Marriott or other luxury hotels. The pool is heated, which is very nice, and they offer continental breakfast in the morning. The staff is excellent, and you can't find anyone better! I definitely look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

So I'll start with the location, if you are looking for something in West Hollywood that would be the place for you. There are many clubs, bars and restaurants in the area and it's fairly close to Beverly Center if you are into shopping. It's centralize in WeHo and cheap.

I stayed in two different rooms and both were ok, big enough. Though the shower needed a redo. They provided me iron when i needed.

The breakfast includes coffee and some croissants which you can eat by the pool and it's nice.

The pool is nice if you want to finish your day in a nice chilled swim, though when there are more than 4 people at the pool, it feels lil bit too much.

The place charge extra $10 for resort fee and internet which doesn't work; I stayed there for more than a week and the internet didn't work at all. I kept hearing from them "yesterday someone came to fix the internet"/"tomorrow someone is coming to fix the internet", when i asked for my money back "the resort fee" the claimed that it also covers the pool and the "resort" (what resort? where resort? No Jacuzzi. No Sauna. No gym. resort?).

If i go back to LA and look for cheap place in that area, I'd probably stay there again because at the end of the day it is cheaper than many other places, but If you are not into the area, I would recommend Santa Monica as great area to say at or some parts of Venice beach.
If you do get there, just try not to have expectations and you will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to San Vicente Bungalows? Share your experiences!