“Location, location, location!” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Villa   |   845 N. San Vicente Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90069   |
San Diego, California
“Location, location, location!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Okay, it's really hard to decide between 3 or 4 stars since there's a lot of factors going into the decision. We planned to drink in WeHo on St Patty's weekend, and I decided that I had better book a hotel. When I looked at what was available, I found most places to be expensive, or horribly reviewed. I ended up booking the cheapest room at San Vicente for about $120 that weekend.
We arrived in the evening and decided to pregame at the room. I had read the inn used to allow nude swimming, and it was kind of disappointing to find that policy had changed. As other have stated, the one charming thing about the inn is the area around the pool. They charge for parking, and I think it's a bit ridiculous; especially since it costs more than I pay to park near the clubs... The staff on duty was not notably friendly or unfriendly. The room was very plain and simple, the window was sealed shut, and the bathroom was just down the hall. The only time I spent in the bathroom was holding my friend's hair, so I didn't notice its cleanliness really.
The location can't be beat. The clubs are just a few minutes walk down the street. And that is the one reason why I have to say that I will probably stay here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fort Lauderdale, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here in late March for one night and I have to say the price was very reasonable for a hotel in West Hollywood. However we both agreed that if we had been staying more than one night we would have packed up and gone to another hotel. While the courtyard is very charming, the rooms leave a lot to be desired. A simple coat of paint would go along way...also was not convinced about the cleanliness of the room. The bathtub was pretty disgusting, but hey it was one night and we made do.

The hotel owner seems to be more focused on preventing any nudity at the pool than keeping the place up - there were numerous signs advising that nudity was not allowed (not that it was an issue for us).

We had to depart the hotel at 7;00 am as we had a fairly early flight out of LAX and had to contend with rush hour traffic - and breakfast is not available until 08:00! We could not even get a coffee before leaving. How difficult it is to brew a pot of coffee for guests who have to leave early?

Hotel seems like it was probably quite nice awhile ago - but now is just Faded Glory.

Room Tip: Book another hotel!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I enjoyed my stay here while I recovered from my nose surgery. Having spent a lot of money on my procedure I did not want to spend a fortune on my hotel. I picked this Hotel for the location and price. The hotel staff is very sweet and discreet and very understanding. And this was only a few minutes from my doctors office. Room okay, poolside courtyard beautiful and quiet. Great coffee and muffins in the morning. Felt like home away from home and was a great recovery place for me. Happy to come back again if in west Hollywood.

• Stayed April 2014
Elgin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Very disappointed to check in and realize the hotel is not gay anymore. The pool closes at midnight, jucuzzi and steamroom closed and there were 6-8 small dogs running around and barking by the pool. We had a poolside room and were told we couldn't play music without our earbuds in??? We were tempted to check out and just go to the Ramada down the street.

• Stayed April 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

we were pleasantly surprised. you cant beat the price and location and the place really has a lot of charm. free breakfast every morning was a nice touch. coffee was really good!!! better than starbucks!!!! the rooms are pretty basic, but clean and great beds. the pool and gardens are really cool. i felt like i was back in Hollywood in the 40's. nice to see its mixed with straight and gay people (some of the old reviews made it sound more gay), but i think they recently did a big renovation because its a lot nicer than the old reviews describe. i def recommend this place. best deal in town- especially for this location!

Stayed March 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This place is a good option to crash after a night of heavy drinking as long as you don't mind running into other hotel guests performing lewd acts on themselves. Having backpacked all over Europe, the San Vicente reminds me of a hostel with their rooms that have a "Shared Bath". I know this place is under new management and are going for a more "resort" feel, but they really have to get all this "cruisy" atmosphere under control. My last stay, the shower in my room didn't work and had to use the "shared" bath. I was never offered any sort of compensation for that inconvenience. That night I got a creepy note under my door. I guess I was being hit on by some hotel guest staying in another room. Later, as I was approaching the door to my room, I saw another hotel guest at the end of the hall. He was sitting on a chair right in the middle of his doorway….as soon as my eyes adjusted to the extremely dim hallway, I noticed he wasn't wearing any clothes aaand….let's just say he wasn't keeping his hands to himself. My friend in the room joked with me and said it was probably my "secret admirer" who had slipped the note under the door. I understand this place has a "clothing-optional" pool, but common now…. I didn't report it because I'm whatever about it, but I can see someone else not taking it too easily. Also, some rooms seem to be more updated than others. One major improvement they need are the bathrooms. They are simply dated and deteriorating. The front desk is always nice. I really don't like how they charge $10 for a "resort fee." They say its for the steam room and wifi but I've never used either one. Another hidden charge is the $15 for overnight parking which used to be free. Compared to prices at other parking locations, I guess $15 is a steal. Overall, I would stay here again. Its the CLOSEST thing to all the main WeHo bars. Ramada which is the next closest, is waaay down on the other end of the strip and when I am tired, drunk and sleepy, I like to know that my hotel is just a few steps from all the bars.

Room Tip: Their cheapest rooms don't have a bathroom. You have to share with other guests. Reminds me of...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I have been staying here the last couple of years and in the past it was pretty sketchy, but a new owner has it now and vastly improved. Where else in Weho can you have this atmosphere. It is still Gay and mostly men, if gay men don't support the new owner it will become more mixed. Yes the rooms still need a bit of sprucing up but the price is right and it will happen. The pool is clothing optional and hope it stays that way

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Been to San Vicente Inn? Share your experiences!