“VERY BASIC BUT CLEAN, REASONABLE & GOOD LOCATION” 3 of 5 stars

Alta Cienega Motel
1005 North La Cienega Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90069   |
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Palm Springs
“VERY BASIC BUT CLEAN, REASONABLE & GOOD LOCATION”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I am having to stay in hotels in my neighborhood while my condo is being remodeled. This motel is very basic but it is well maintained and very reasonable ($79/night plus tax plus $8 parking).
Last time I stayed at the Holloway Motel which is right around the corner from here. I would recommend the Alta Cienega over the Holloway without hesitation. In the Holloway, the rooms were deteriorated and not repaired. Attitude of management wasn't good and the clientele seemed like it was transient. Alta Vista has pride of ownership and I feel that everything is at least clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with good internet connection (if you use internet...which is free). Also, it is on...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed here due to proximity to strip and Hollywood sign which are both minutes away. The motel was very basic and is overpriced for what you get but since it's la you pay more. The property is reasonably safe, some residents offered services to us late at night which were not what you normally would expect. It is quit noisy place but room size and shower were both very good as well as the beds

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Clean, functional and great location, but was pretty noisy - to be fair though, we were there on a Saturday night. The staff are really helpful and friendly, and there is free car parking with your room.

Stayed May 2013
Des Moines, IA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I would never stay here. It seemed a bit creepy to me. But my husband is a huge doors fan, so we just stopped by and paid the owners $20 to see the Jim Morrison tour. One of the most bizarre, but fascinating tourist things I've ever seen. The owner didn't rush us and let us take our time and take as many pictures as we wanted. We wanted to sign a wall, but owner was going to charge ua another $10 so we passed. If you are a Doors fan I would highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I spent two nights in this creepy motel, very tirdy, the owners live in their ownworld, they don't think people have to enjoy the place where they sleep.
The bathroom (brrrr) was broken and they change us the room... and the new toilet was broken after the first utilize...
I'm a traveller, and I don't spend a lot of money for the accomodation, but in this case I wasted money because I spend almost of the time outside for the disgusitng experience I have had in those rooms.
I can imagine why it was the last place where Jim Morrison lived, after it you are lucky if you survive!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I checked in and my mouth dropped when I saw the room. I walked right back to the office and was told I could not have a refund. I didn't want to pay for a room that looked like a meth lab/falling apart. I had to spend the night there...scary...and non of my friends that lived in West Hollywood would go near that hotel. Wish they would have warned me! If you want a cheaper and NICER hotel go to the Holloway motel. I manager is really crazy and I think has issues but other than that the rooms are a LOT nicer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

I went with a group of 4 people to visit the bar scene on sunset blvd and this was the only place to stay under $300....$100 but not even worth it! In santa barbara the motel 6 is $60 max and waaaay better. I cant believe they can over charge so much and not even maintain their rooms! There were cockroaches outside the door and coming from the room next door and ants in our room. There was a bullet hole in the table and the only place on the sticky carpet that was clean was directly under that spot. There was blood on the bigger beds boxspring and on the curtains by the smaller bed had semen right where your face is going to be. There were fingerprint marks like a druggie was poking it all night the night before and both the heater and ac looked like a major fire hazard if turned on. The beds felt like we were sleeping on a park bench. I actually contemplated sleeping in my boyfriends accord but got too scared the druggies outside would do something crazy if they saw me. The wiring of the lamp looked taped togethe....another fire hazard. The, most annoying part was the next morning the indian guy working there began banging on everyones door an hour before checkout trying to kick us all out so he could book foreigners waiting outside. I told him we have another hour and he says I need to leave in 10min or he will charge me a second night then stands outside our door (it was hot so we left it open) just giving the dirtiest look the whole time. I stayed another hour because we had to get ready... until actual checkout time and he just kept being rude the whole time. What a sorry excuse for a business.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Alta Cienega Motel? Share your experiences!