“Go away from here!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Alta Cienega Motel

You added Alta Cienega Motel to your Saves list
Alta Cienega Motel
1.0 of 5 Motel   |   1005 North La Cienega Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90069 (West Hollywood)   |
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
London, United Kingdom
“Go away from here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I spent two nights in this creepy motel, very tirdy, the owners live in their ownworld, they don't think people have to enjoy the place where they sleep.
The bathroom (brrrr) was broken and they change us the room... and the new toilet was broken after the first utilize...
I'm a traveller, and I don't spend a lot of money for the accomodation, but in this case I wasted money because I spend almost of the time outside for the disgusitng experience I have had in those rooms.
I can imagine why it was the last place where Jim Morrison lived, after it you are lucky if you survive!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I checked in and my mouth dropped when I saw the room. I walked right back to the office and was told I could not have a refund. I didn't want to pay for a room that looked like a meth lab/falling apart. I had to spend the night there...scary...and non of my friends that lived in West Hollywood would go near that hotel. Wish they would have warned me! If you want a cheaper and NICER hotel go to the Holloway motel. I manager is really crazy and I think has issues but other than that the rooms are a LOT nicer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I went with a group of 4 people to visit the bar scene on sunset blvd and this was the only place to stay under $300....$100 but not even worth it! In santa barbara the motel 6 is $60 max and waaaay better. I cant believe they can over charge so much and not even maintain their rooms! There were cockroaches outside the door and coming from the room next door and ants in our room. There was a bullet hole in the table and the only place on the sticky carpet that was clean was directly under that spot. There was blood on the bigger beds boxspring and on the curtains by the smaller bed had semen right where your face is going to be. There were fingerprint marks like a druggie was poking it all night the night before and both the heater and ac looked like a major fire hazard if turned on. The beds felt like we were sleeping on a park bench. I actually contemplated sleeping in my boyfriends accord but got too scared the druggies outside would do something crazy if they saw me. The wiring of the lamp looked taped togethe....another fire hazard. The, most annoying part was the next morning the indian guy working there began banging on everyones door an hour before checkout trying to kick us all out so he could book foreigners waiting outside. I told him we have another hour and he says I need to leave in 10min or he will charge me a second night then stands outside our door (it was hot so we left it open) just giving the dirtiest look the whole time. I stayed another hour because we had to get ready... until actual checkout time and he just kept being rude the whole time. What a sorry excuse for a business.

• Stayed July 2012
Munich, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

No doubt: The room is cheap, free parking is a big big advantage and the location is great. But the rooms are very basic, don't even have a fridge and the host was not willing to keep some cheese (still packed in the original packing) in a fridge. We've been to another motel (just oposite the street) before and thougt, that the Alta Cienga could be the better option. Wrong!! Rooms are in poor condition (for sure no renovation since ages, alhough they advertise so). Next time we'll stay at holloway motel again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Eccles, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I came into Lax from Manchester UK and took the bus to West Hollywood . Met a charming and beautiful guy who got on , the blackest skin I have ever seen We walked along Santa Monica Blvd, and he pointed out the Motel, He carried on home to North La Cienega. I have stayed at many motels in USA and the room was what I would expect for the price. I intended to stay a couple of nights and rent a car. I stayed two weeks and used the buses to travel all over Los Angeles County. Yes, the Police arrive, the Rent Boys work, you can get hot take out meals from the market, liquor stores handy, TV Air, Heat , My finances have improved so I now fly First, but I will still be staying at La Cienega on my next trip to California.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

The folks that leave horrible reviews arent incorrect but they are snobs. The hotel is humble and is in the traditional 'classic motel' motif with an almost wild-west second level catwalk facing the southern sun. I had to purchase a space heater from CVS to keep myself warm on these cold autumn nights and the towels are cheap and scratchy but its inexpensive, clean, quiet and centrally located. I've been here for almost ten days and there are rarely more than two cars in the lot making the place feel very private. Its been a sanctuary for me to write a book without distraction and to meet with clients. Maria the cleaning lady is a sweet-heart. I tipped her $20 on Thanksgiving and she's treated me like gold for a week, nurturing me like my mom. Yes, there's an occasional siren or tranny sighting but hey, its like spotting a rare animal on safari. If you can get over the fact that the style is 'home depot' and there are no fancy shampoo samples you'll enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Second Level, North Side gets lots of light and is far enough from the main street as to keep most n...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Rogue River, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

It was fantastic! If I was a person that didn't have any sort of interest in Jim Morrison or the Doors, this place probably wouldn't be first on my list...or on my list at all, but since I am...
I Stayed there with my boyfriend for 3 nights and paid $267.00... a little more than we had expected, but I didn't even care...I had a grand time! I liked being able to watch the street below from the window of room 32, and for some reason this room was strangely comfortable! It's kind of small but was clean! The staff was really nice too! The cleaning lady would always say "Hello" every time and seemed extremely genuine. I also never felt unsafe at any point. The bathroom wasn't bad either, I liked the shower too, it was kind of dark with no light inside of it but I liked how it felt like a hole in the wall. The writing all over the walls was quite enjoyable too. Never ran out of stuff to read! After waking up, I was always able to find something new that I hadn't read before. Take a sharpie or other media and add your own contribution! I did! Overall, great expirience! hope to stay there again someday!

Room Tip: If your a Jim Morrison/ Doors fan, stay in Room 32!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Alta Cienega Motel? Share your experiences!