*CHILL POOL* The pool area on the main floor is great! Its a nice area to enjoy a cocktail with a great view of the city. The music selection played was awesome too. This area was simply my favourite. It was chill and calm, it had a great vibe! It was a great way toe scape the hustle and bustle of the busy city.
*FREE WIFI* This was a big plus. I hate when hotels charge for it!
*ROOMS* Bathrooms are newly updated with bright orange and white fixtures and nice cork-tile flooring. When showering: make sure you use the bathmat towel provided, else the water will flow past the drain and into the common area where the toilet is. Not pleasant to step in water if you want to use the toilet after someone has showered. The bedroom furniture it truly vintage, in fact some of it has the old wood, musty, smell. It wasn't that bad though. Bed was comfy and sheets were clean. The space age bean bag was great to put on the deck and enjoy the weather!
*WANT A GOOD NIGHTS REST?* Beware of staying on the second floor rooms 200-220, there is a club underneath. I was only staying the one night and wanted a good rest for my early flight and when I went to bed around midnight all i could hear was the bass from the club. The bed was even vibrating, lol. I called down to reception and they swiftly moved me to a room facing the pool area (250), it was much more quiet :)
*RESTAURANT* its diner-like and cute. Great service and good food. I had a classic breakfast of buttermilk pancakes, it was simple and tasty!
- Also Known As:
- The Standard, Hollywood Hotel
- The Standard, Hollywood Hotel West Hollywood
- Standard Hotel
- Standard Hotel Hollywood
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Standard, located in the heart of the Sunset Strip, is a true original catering to a young-spirited clientele who appreciate the hotel's "timeless modern" design and offbeat sensibility. The hotel features a floor to ceiling shag carpeted lobby lounge, a live DJ at the front desk, an outdoor pool with a sundeck covered in cobalt blue Astroturf, an ongoing exhibition devoted to fine art video, and live performance art. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Tablet Hotels, Amex, Priceline, getaroom.com, Otel, Tingo and Venere so you can book your The Standard, Hollywood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.