My sister and I stayed in LA for 6 days at the end of a big US/Mexico trip and we were not disappointed in finishing our trip at The Standard West Hollywood!!!
After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, we selected The Standard based on its great location and its value for money and The Standard delivered!
As we were staying for a relatively long time and were at the end of a big trip, we selected an X-Large room and it really was X-Large! The room was quite minimalist, but it was perfectly spotless and had a lovely comfortable bed - and plenty of room for our big suitcases and all the stuff we had accumulated after 4 weeks travelling!
The hotel surroundings were cool and quirky - I really felt a 50s kind of LA beach style, which I really loved. The pool was a real scene and great for people watching, with lovely cocktails and beautiful views of LA. After big days of sightseeing and all the hussle and bussle of LA, it was nice to be able to come home, relax and cool down with a cocktail and a swim.
The staff were attentive and professional, but not overly friendly, which was fine.
The restaurant was also great - we enjoyed breakfast there every morning and I have to say that the heurvos rancheros is the best breakfast I have ever had and I would return to LA just to have that!
Perfect location for us with the Hop On Hop Off bus stop very close by on Sunset Boulevard (which we used for sightseeing and as our transportation) and all the shops/restaurants in Sunset Boulevard were very close too.
A wonderful way to end a wonderful holiday! Loved The Standard, loved LA and loved the USA! God bless America and I hope to return as quickly as possible!
- Also Known As:
- The Standard, Hollywood Hotel
- The Standard, Hollywood Hotel West Hollywood
- Standard Hotel
- Standard Hotel Hollywood
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Standard, located in the heart of the Sunset Strip, is a true original catering to a young-spirited clientele who appreciate the hotel's "timeless modern" design and offbeat sensibility. The hotel features a floor to ceiling shag carpeted lobby lounge, a live DJ at the front desk, an outdoor pool with a sundeck covered in cobalt blue Astroturf, an ongoing exhibition devoted to fine art video, and live performance art. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Venere, Tablet Hotels, Amex, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your The Standard, Hollywood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.