“Fun and Cool” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Standard, Hollywood

Save Saved
You added The Standard, Hollywood to your Saves list
The Standard, Hollywood
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8300 Sunset Boulevard, At Sweetzer, West Hollywood, CA 90069   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 17 hotels in West Hollywood
Melbourne, Australia
“Fun and Cool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My stay at The Standard on Sunset was great. I did not know what to expect but now I know that I love this place. The hotel is mimimal but the room I had was very comfortable, the bed EXTREMELY comfortable and the view from my room was great. Interesting mini bar items as well. The best part though is their staff. I feel that they care and worked hard at taking care of us. The food is also very good, but Room service can be a bit slow. People at the Front Desk has great attitude and always took the time to show me where to go and what to do etc. I don't think that The Standard is the right hotel for everyone but for the maket they are aiming for, I think they do a great job. It's a fun hotel with lots of fun/cool people working hard at provide great service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

541 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I love this hotel! The best part about this place is the people! The staff take the time to get to know you. The service here is very casual but efficient. The front desk staff seems to love their jobs because they are always smiling, helpful and approachable. I liked that fact that every time I passed by the front desk, Jon always checked up on me... How is everything? What are your plans today? Do you need recommendations for dinner this evening? Jon and his team really made my stay. The funny thing is when I first arrived I was not sure if this is the right hotel for me but I left a returning customer. I can't wait to go back again ...it is all about the staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Recently stayed at The Standard, Hollywood on a recommendation of a friend and I love this place. The staff there is simply amazing. They have a relaxed attitude about them so the service was attentive without being obtrusive. From the very beginning, the valet guys helping us were friendly,funny and pleasant to look at (Artie and Kevin). The front desk crew ---super cool and treated me as though I have stayed there a hundred times before: it's my first stay. The check-in process is painless because the desk staff made it feel like a conversation not a transaction. I asked nicely and was upgraded to a room with a great view of Los Angeles skyline. Jon at the front desk was such a delight to deal with! If you need anything while staying at this hotel you should ask for him. The location of the hotel is walking distance to lots of things so its very convenient. The room is very minimal but I think that's the idea behind their design. I would stay at The Standard, Hollywood again on my next trip. I get their product but I love their style of service.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for a wedding. Most enjoyable hotel experience we could have asked for. At the top of the list was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Personalized and friendly. The food was delectable. The drinks were great. Room service was fantastic. Every staff member who I encountered went above and beyond. We have family in West Hollywood and will always stay at the Standard.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed at the Standard for 4 nights for a long weekend with my
boyfriend last week. We checked in with Liz and Laureen and it was
super fast and easy and even though they put us on the 2nd floor they
warned us about the construction on the 3rd floor, which was really
nice of them. Unfortunately it was raining so we couldn’t lounge on
the Pool Deck but the Cactus Lounge was inside and had amazing
cocktails. The Dirty Hipster is the best if you like whiskey!!! The
room was really funky and cool and we LOVED the Andy Warhol inspired
curtains. I think the best parts of the stay were the Mmhmmm Lounge
and room service which is 24/7 and super fast. We got to the Lounge on
Saturday after going out around the Strip at maybe 11 and it was
awesome. The bartender told us the music usually varies from House to
Hiphop depending on the night.
My boyfriend thought the “Girl in the Box” in the lobby was awesome. I
think he stared too long… Haha.
Anyway if you’re looking for a fun weekend away, this hotel is it!
There’s DJs on the weekends and really cool people. The people at the
concierge even remember our names when we checked out. Super nice!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Welcoming, clean, friendly,helpful, smiling staff, pleasant rooms,great shower, well stocked mini bar (too expensive),great room service,MY BED WAS HEAVENLY, lovely pool, quality food, great views, in the centre of Hollywood. All ages were welcome.Close to lots of star attractions, plenty of excellent bars etc close by.

Room Tip: Just ask where you would like to be, they are very amicable
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

l've been staying at this hotel for about 6-7yrs every 3months........Jon the director & his team are always without a doubt helpful and nothing is ever too hard!!!!!. l travel the world and its always a pleasure coming back to the Standard WEHO. I'll be seeing you again in the new year.

Blair:-)

Room Tip: NO gym but soul cycle is up the road
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
StandardManager, Front Office Manager at The Standard, Hollywood, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Blair,

We truly appreciate your continued support of our hotel and our brand. We are an ever-growing and ever-evolving as an organization but the one static component has always been and will always be our personalized service to our guests. Can't wait to welcome you back The Standard, Hollywood.

Been to The Standard, Hollywood? Share your experiences!