“A great stay but could be a bit better” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$20 off room rate
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“A great stay but could be a bit better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I visit LA once a year and always want to be in WeHo. The Chamberlain has been my choice for the past 6 years. I love the location, the staff and space you get in the room at the hotel. I would say they always seem to be working on it. The work does not get in the way too much but why so much flux? I think the rooms are nice though not as nice as they appear on the surface. Its a great place with a modern feel though not totally modern thru and thru. The pool area is nice and got to check it out this time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
mhaut, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear PragueAmerican,

Thank you so much for your continued support of the Chamberlain West Hollywood! I am very happy to hear that you have chosen to stay with us over the past 6 years and truly appreciate your dedication! We do take great pride in keeping our product new and up-to-date and being able to offer our guests added amenities which are the reasons why we update the property often; to be sure our guests have all of the necessities in order to call the Chamberlain their home away from home!

I do hope you choose the Chamberlain West Hollywood for your next trip! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you’re in town!

Chad Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We really liked this boutique hotel ,nice staff really cool room .we were only there for 1 night but would definitely return.the hotel is very intimate very old feel modern hollywood .the location is ok you would need a car .not much to do in walking distance.

Room Tip: The one I had .ha ha!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The kind of hotel I really want to give 5 stars but just can't. Best location in West Hollywood, on a leafy street between Sunset and Santa Monica, distinctive and elegant with a wonderful rooftop patio. We traveled as a couple, booked a deluxe suite, which was spacious even by US standards. Everything about this hotel screams top of the line boutique hotel.

Except a few things... the bed was a queen and not particularly comfortable, lacking a nightstand. First US hotel I've been to without a coffee maker. In-room cosmetics low standard, bathrobes worn and towel-like. It's palpable the place is no longer new and in mint condition. The five year old ipod docking station in poor shape, once a brilliant addition to a room, now contributing to overall impression of wear and tear.

In fact, they were busy renovating the early January week we stayed, and the hotel was nearly empty -- at times feeling like The Shining. But I suppose that will change for awards season. Staff was courteous whenever they were present and the overall impression is of a very good hotel in a great neighborhood. Especially recommended if you can get a good deal when comparing it to the many boutique hotels in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear EuroDoctor,

Thank you for choosing the Chamberlain West Hollywood. I do apologize that your stay and impression of the hotel was not satisfactory. All of our suites have king beds excluding our Executive Queen Suites as they have 2 queen beds. We do not have coffee makers in the room but we do offer complimentary coffee in our lobby every morning. Our Gilchrest & Soames bathroom products are high-end items and many of the hotels in West Hollywood use the same. We do provide maintenance on guest rooms in order to keep them up but I would be happy to hear any specific items that you may have seen that perhaps we should take a closer look at.

The winter months do tend to bring slightly less occupancy and as we were re-doing our corridors we had many rooms out of order to not impact our guests. This also contributed to the lower occupancy over the dates you were here.

Again, I do apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Please let me know the next time you may travel to Los Angeles and I will be happy to assist you with a reservation in order to provide you with a better experience of the Chamberlain West Hollywood.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for a week in September and have nothing but great things to say about it. Large bedrooms with comfortable beds. Loved the shower. Staff were all very helpful and friendly especially the bar staff and valet guys. Location was great, just around the corner from sunset blvd. Hotel is on a quiet residential road and we always felt safe even when walking around late at night. Would highly recommend location and hotel. The people of LA were some of the friendliest and nicest people I've ever met. Will defiantly return to the chamberlain.

• Stayed September 2012
mhaut, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Renagadekels,

Thank you for choosing the Chamberlain West Hollywood for your stay this past September! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you are planning a trip if I may assist in any way!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We were travelling to celebrate my 30th birthday, and came across the Chamberlain on TripAdvisor. Perfect location in West Hollywood and lovely amenities. I'd been to LA six years earlier and hated the city (staying in a dodgy part of Hollywood), and I'm pleased to say this experience completely changed my impressions of the city.

We were given an upgrade, so our room was extremely spacious with a lovely little balcony. The bed was very comfortable (could have slept forever!) and the bathroom was nice and well equipped. Two TVs in the room, as well as a lounge suite, so lots of room.

I think the best part was the rooftop pool - absolutely incredible. And also good for some D-grade celebrity spotting.

Definitely consider this hotel if you want to be in West Hollywood!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear slug00,

Happy Belated 30th Birthday! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and do hope you choose the Chamberlain West Hollywood the next time you're in Los Angeles!

UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We drove up on our holiday road trip on 24th Dec (long drive, kids and tired) and found the hotel shut. Only a sign informing that the hotel was due to reopen 28th Dec. No one in reception no one in the parking garage. Nothing.

I had booked the hotel 6 weeks before and also been on the phone to confirm room choices. So we we were all set. The number to call if there was a query was not answering and we were very cross and frustrated.

We still don't know why the hotel is closed and I am so fed-up I am writing this on my iPhone from the Best Western around the corner who were very friendly, very accommodating and sorted us out very efficiently and quickly.

I have to score it 1/5 or tripadvisor will not accept my comments. It's not a true review as we never got to stay in the Chamberlain, West Hollywood. It should really be don't know never got a chance to stay on our once-in-a-lifetime holiday.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear cockneygirl,

I am truly sorry you were not notified about our closure and understand that this was not a good experience for you and your family. We had sent out notification to all of our guest several weeks prior to make them aware that the hotel would be closing for renovation work on the hotel corridors. Somehow we failed to make certain you were made aware and I sincerely apologize and take full responsibility. We pride ourselves in our product and outstanding service that we provide and I can't tell you how sorry I am that we did not get the opportunity to pamper you in our lovely hotel. If you could be so kind as to contact me directly on the hotel's main line, I would like to offer you a complimentary night at the hotel in one of our suites to compensate for the experience you encountered during your trip to our hotel on December 24th.

(310) 657-7400
globetrek337
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This Hotel we loved, from the front desk to the driver of the limo that is FREE, this is a must. And we are looking forward to popping back and catching up again with the friendly staff.

Short stroll to resturants, clubs, markets the works. Yes if you like the Retro Modern scence this will fit with you.

If you want the same old same old, give this a miss. If you are looking for some slowing down, and enjoyable location this is a tick for the list....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear globetrek337,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am pleased to see you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you travel to West Hollywood!

Chad Thompson

Been to Chamberlain West Hollywood? Share your experiences!