“Very Hollywood” 5 of 5 stars

Chamberlain West Hollywood
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Westmount Drive, West Hollywood, CA 90069   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
$20.00 per night savings!
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
“Very Hollywood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We really liked this boutique hotel ,nice staff really cool room .we were only there for 1 night but would definitely return.the hotel is very intimate very old feel modern hollywood .the location is ok you would need a car .not much to do in walking distance.

Room Tip: The one I had .ha ha!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The kind of hotel I really want to give 5 stars but just can't. Best location in West Hollywood, on a leafy street between Sunset and Santa Monica, distinctive and elegant with a wonderful rooftop patio. We traveled as a couple, booked a deluxe suite, which was spacious even by US standards. Everything about this hotel screams top of the line boutique hotel.

Except a few things... the bed was a queen and not particularly comfortable, lacking a nightstand. First US hotel I've been to without a coffee maker. In-room cosmetics low standard, bathrobes worn and towel-like. It's palpable the place is no longer new and in mint condition. The five year old ipod docking station in poor shape, once a brilliant addition to a room, now contributing to overall impression of wear and tear.

In fact, they were busy renovating the early January week we stayed, and the hotel was nearly empty -- at times feeling like The Shining. But I suppose that will change for awards season. Staff was courteous whenever they were present and the overall impression is of a very good hotel in a great neighborhood. Especially recommended if you can get a good deal when comparing it to the many boutique hotels in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
mhaut, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear EuroDoctor,

Thank you for choosing the Chamberlain West Hollywood. I do apologize that your stay and impression of the hotel was not satisfactory. All of our suites have king beds excluding our Executive Queen Suites as they have 2 queen beds. We do not have coffee makers in the room but we do offer complimentary coffee in our lobby every morning. Our Gilchrest & Soames bathroom products are high-end items and many of the hotels in West Hollywood use the same. We do provide maintenance on guest rooms in order to keep them up but I would be happy to hear any specific items that you may have seen that perhaps we should take a closer look at.

The winter months do tend to bring slightly less occupancy and as we were re-doing our corridors we had many rooms out of order to not impact our guests. This also contributed to the lower occupancy over the dates you were here.

Again, I do apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Please let me know the next time you may travel to Los Angeles and I will be happy to assist you with a reservation in order to provide you with a better experience of the Chamberlain West Hollywood.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for a week in September and have nothing but great things to say about it. Large bedrooms with comfortable beds. Loved the shower. Staff were all very helpful and friendly especially the bar staff and valet guys. Location was great, just around the corner from sunset blvd. Hotel is on a quiet residential road and we always felt safe even when walking around late at night. Would highly recommend location and hotel. The people of LA were some of the friendliest and nicest people I've ever met. Will defiantly return to the chamberlain.

• Stayed September 2012
mhaut, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Renagadekels,

Thank you for choosing the Chamberlain West Hollywood for your stay this past September! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you are planning a trip if I may assist in any way!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We were travelling to celebrate my 30th birthday, and came across the Chamberlain on TripAdvisor. Perfect location in West Hollywood and lovely amenities. I'd been to LA six years earlier and hated the city (staying in a dodgy part of Hollywood), and I'm pleased to say this experience completely changed my impressions of the city.

We were given an upgrade, so our room was extremely spacious with a lovely little balcony. The bed was very comfortable (could have slept forever!) and the bathroom was nice and well equipped. Two TVs in the room, as well as a lounge suite, so lots of room.

I think the best part was the rooftop pool - absolutely incredible. And also good for some D-grade celebrity spotting.

Definitely consider this hotel if you want to be in West Hollywood!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear slug00,

Happy Belated 30th Birthday! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and do hope you choose the Chamberlain West Hollywood the next time you're in Los Angeles!

UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We drove up on our holiday road trip on 24th Dec (long drive, kids and tired) and found the hotel shut. Only a sign informing that the hotel was due to reopen 28th Dec. No one in reception no one in the parking garage. Nothing.

I had booked the hotel 6 weeks before and also been on the phone to confirm room choices. So we we were all set. The number to call if there was a query was not answering and we were very cross and frustrated.

We still don't know why the hotel is closed and I am so fed-up I am writing this on my iPhone from the Best Western around the corner who were very friendly, very accommodating and sorted us out very efficiently and quickly.

I have to score it 1/5 or tripadvisor will not accept my comments. It's not a true review as we never got to stay in the Chamberlain, West Hollywood. It should really be don't know never got a chance to stay on our once-in-a-lifetime holiday.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear cockneygirl,

I am truly sorry you were not notified about our closure and understand that this was not a good experience for you and your family. We had sent out notification to all of our guest several weeks prior to make them aware that the hotel would be closing for renovation work on the hotel corridors. Somehow we failed to make certain you were made aware and I sincerely apologize and take full responsibility. We pride ourselves in our product and outstanding service that we provide and I can't tell you how sorry I am that we did not get the opportunity to pamper you in our lovely hotel. If you could be so kind as to contact me directly on the hotel's main line, I would like to offer you a complimentary night at the hotel in one of our suites to compensate for the experience you encountered during your trip to our hotel on December 24th.

(310) 657-7400
globetrek337
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This Hotel we loved, from the front desk to the driver of the limo that is FREE, this is a must. And we are looking forward to popping back and catching up again with the friendly staff.

Short stroll to resturants, clubs, markets the works. Yes if you like the Retro Modern scence this will fit with you.

If you want the same old same old, give this a miss. If you are looking for some slowing down, and enjoyable location this is a tick for the list....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear globetrek337,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am pleased to see you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you travel to West Hollywood!

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed 4 nights here at a cost of $1200. Wasn't a problem to pay this but I did expect competent staff who could deal with my complaints. This wasn't the case at The Chamberlain. If you like to get anything more than 2 hours sleep, this is not the hotel for you. The room walls are so thin, you could hear everything happening in your neighbors room. Made calls to staff about guests having noisy conversations in the hall ways and having room parties and nothing done about it. I find it extremely disappointing that the hotel will charge you $8 for a bottle of water but cannot deliver on basic hotel policies of excessive guest noise.

Be warned, front desk staff tried to sell us a $122 theme park and transfer package which you can get for $71 directly from the tour company. It shows that the clients best interests is not the hotels best interests.

Everyone says this location is good, but if you're into the gay scene, then yes it's a good location. Otherwise you have to use the hotels shuttle which runs when it's convenient for the hotel.

With no prior warning, our credit card was charged $400 for incidentals upon checking in. The hotel did apologize for this, but still you should be warned of incompetent staff who look at each other with blank faces for every second question you ask them.

A massively over priced "hostel" that if it was my company, I'd be investing more more into staff training.

Room Tip: Rooms that do not have neighbors
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
mhaut, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear AvoidThisHotel,

I am sorry to hear that our accommodations did not meet your expectations and that the guest staying next door disrupted you during your stay. I will personally address this with our Night Security and ask them to provide me with a little more detail with what had occurred during that evening so that I can make any necessary changes to policies we already have in place when it comes to noise complaints. The theme park transfer package the Front Desk was selling you provides transportation to and from the theme park (s). The tour company will sell you a similar package but you would be required to provide your own transportation to and from their location. I'd like to apologize as it seems this was not explained to you by our Guest Service Agent. As for the charges placed on your credit card upon check-in, this is a standard authorization the Front Desk takes in order to secure credit during your stay. Again, I would like to apologize if this was not explained to you during the check-in process. Thank you for your comments and I hope that you would give us a second opportunity to have you as our guest. If you would be so kind as to contact me directly I will be more than happy to ensure you a more pleasant stay upon your return to West Hollywood.

Chad Thompson

Been to Chamberlain West Hollywood? Share your experiences!