“Love staying here” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 17 hotels in West Hollywood
London
“Love staying here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is my second stay, I couldn't fault this hotel, and I've tried every other 4 star in WeHo. I had a great, large room, a good kitchenette, and even a view. Rooftop pool very nice. They could do with more staff in the breakfast area (slow when there're more than 2 guests!) otherwise no complaints.

Room Tip: Top floor is quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

768 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at the chamberlain and would not recommend this hotel AT ALL!
I have travelled a lot with work and in my leisure time and I have never been treated with so much disregard before in my life. Considering the amount I paid (which should be irrelevant) the service should have been 100 times better.
There was a massive cockroach in my 1st room and do you think I was given anything complimentary ? Not here! The rooms are comfortable enough. Mediocre for a 4* . You're paying more for the great location more than anything else. I was able to get to everywhere I needed to be within 15 minutes. However I would NEVER stay here again as some of the staff could be taught some basic manners and quite a few didn't speak English, which I was surprised by!
AVOID like the plague.

• Stayed October 2012
mhaut, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Nadiva99,

First let me apologize for the poor customer service you received upon your arrival to the Chamberlain West Hollywood. We pride ourselves on good customer service and guest satisfaction and I want you to know that I personally take full responsibility for my desk agent’s actions. I want to assure you that I will address the steps that were taken during your check in process with the two desk agents involved. I understand how frustrating it can be as a traveler when coming into a hotel and the first impression is broken during the check-in process.

After reading your review I can't tell you how disappointed I am with how the cash deposit for incidentals was handled by my employees. Furthermore, I am truly embarrassed that upon checking into your room that you discovered an insect in the bathroom. However, I am happy that the proper action was taken to relocate you to another room in the hotel. The security staff is very well trained and extremely helpful during the late hours of the night and I am glad to hear he was able to assist you. As for our housekeeping department, I have spoken to our Executive Housekeeper regarding your items that were moved during your stay and he has addressed this with the staff member that cleaned your room.

Due to all the inconveniences you experienced during your stay, I would like to offer you a gift certificate for a free night back at the Chamberlain West Hollywood. Upon redeeming this certificate I want you to know that I will be personally be selecting your room and will also be upgrading you to one of our best suites in the hotel. I would love to have a second opportunity to make your stay at the Chamberlain a more pleasant one.

If you would be so kind to send me your mail address I will issue a gift certificate right away. My contact information is listed below so please feel free to contact me on my direct line should you wish to discuss anything further.

Chad Thompson
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We chose the Chamberlain without any advice and were so pleasantly surprised by what we found when we arrived. Its an excellent little boutique hotel nestled into a wonderful quiet neighborhood and we felt at home instantly. Our room so fun - sort of like a 50s hollywood set and the roof top pool/bar was so inviting and intimate. The service was excellent from the valet parking at check in, through check in and throughout our stay. They really aim to please.
We didn't eat there but that's because the location was so central that we could zip out for anything we needed.
We really felt like we had stumbled on a great little gem. I would definitely stay there again - hopefully soon!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Miami Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stay this location every year and it never seems to disappoint. From the friendly valet staff to the professional front desk, I find it hard to leave. The split level rooms are suites that make I have seen some of the finest hotels. The working fireplace is a romantic touch! The rooftop pool gives views of the picturesque Hollywood hills. Just a block away from Santa Monica BLVD, this hotel gives you convenience to West Hollywood within a quiet residential neighborhood.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with fireplace.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We recently rocked up at the Chamberlain as our hotel reservation was screwed up. The staff there was wonderful. Thank you very much for your help and getting us the room.

Their rooms are very large and great for families or even couples.

The hotel is only mintues away fromt he walk of fame, or a fast drive down to Venice beach.

If you are looking for a great palce to stay this is one

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Had a great stay here in early October. The room was very spacious with a separate living room and a fireplace. Very modern hotel with a central location. Valet service was also great and the roof was very relaxing. Had plenty of chairs and a nice size pool. Overall a great experience and I would definitely stay there again! Adam at the front desk was also very accommodating and helpful :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed at the Chamberlain for a few days this past week and thought it was great. It is in fantastic neighbourhood - a block from Santa Monica Bl or you can wander up to Sunset Bl. Super close to The Roxy and Viper Room. Our room had a nice sitting area with its own TV. We faced Westmount and it was still really quiet at night - we never heard any noise. I liked that it was in a residential area and got to people watch everyday life. The staff was all very friendly and helpful - printing us maps when we needed and offering traffic advice! If I'm going to nitpic, the drawbacks would be: $35 daily valet parking. It's probably standard for the area, but you have to factor that it with your room costs. The valets are awesome and it was nice to not have to worry about the parking, but definitely an added expense. No closet space outside the bathroom. (at least in our room). Bedroom and bathroom are dark - needs better lighting - especially in bathroom. And finally, my #1 complaint would be that in this day and age of technology, Wifi should be standard in every room and free. Being from Canada, and without a roaming data plan, we had to head down to the Starbucks on Santa Monica to check on email etc. The upside was that we met a lot of great people there. As well, Trader Joe's is just down the street.
So, all in all, its a great boutique hotel. I will definitely stay there again next time I go - we plan to make it an annual event. Looking forward to going back soon! Thanks Chamberlain :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Chamberlain West Hollywood? Share your experiences!