“Convenient oasis in Weho” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$20 off room rate
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Melbourne, Australia
“Convenient oasis in Weho”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had a large room with a comfortable sitting area, though the origianl room had troouble with its air conditioning.....ok it was huge heat wave but the a/c units were struggling. Otherwise great rooms in a great location so close to Santa Monica and Sunset Blvds, with a short wlak to night life, restaurants and supermarket. We walked to the Metro Rapid to get to Santa Monica...no problems. The rooftop plunge pool is small but a great place to escape to during a hot week. A few rough edges but nothing to worry about on a discounted rate. Comparable to an earlier stay at Ramada west Hollywood.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
mhaut, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear zacstar,

Thank you for choosing the Chamberlain West Hollywood for your recent stay! Thank you for your understanding about the air conditioners; as you mentioned it was a heat wave which ended up lasting quite a while so we did work on our units to ensure they could handle extended periods of 100+ degree weather which is pretty unheard of in West Hollywood!

I would love to hear about the "rough edges" you mentioned in your review so please contact me directly at the hotel whenever you have an opportunity to discuss!

Chad Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed with our 2 kids and had interconnecting suites - that were huge and stylish. The best thing about this property is the service at the front desk, particularly Eric, who was so helpful in planning in our trip and during our stay. The rooftop pool is lovely, but maybe not the best when travelling with kids due to it being a relatively small area with lots of beautiful people who don't appreciate any child intrusion (even though they were quiet you did get an unwelcome vibe).
Food was great in both the restaurant and room service. Only gripe would be really noisy old airconditioning units.

Room Tip: Front desk suggested turning off AC during day to avoid compression build up and noise at night.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear NZspagirl,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Chamberlain West Hollywood! I am happy to see you and your family enjoyed your stay! I will personally speak with Eric and let him know how much you appreciated his assistance! I do apologize that you received that vibe from other hotel guests but please know that we are a family friendly hotel.

We do provide routine maintenance on our air conditioners to be sure they are functioning and to try to cut down on any unnecessary noise they may emit. We did have an unusually hot September so we definitely did recommend turning off the air conditioner while guests were out to cut down on any noise that may occur.

The next time you travel to West Hollywood please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I would love to be able to personally welcome you back!

New York City, New York
1,599 helpful votes 1,599 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have stayed at the Chamberlain several times now.
i had stayed at the Four Seasons hotel in West Hollywood.
I decided to look for a smaller more tranquil hotel for my future trips.
Much to my surprise i i found what i was looking for relatively quickly.
I find the Chamberlain to be extremely well run, it has comparable facilities to the Four Seasons
The management as well as the staff are most Professional and always greet you with a smile.
My wife and I enjoy all the creature comforts the hotel offers. The rooftop terrace, pool. the fitness center, etc.
our room is quite comfortable and up to date.
the housekeeping staff keep it exceptionally clean.
I cannot recommend the Chamberlain more highly.

JEREMY T.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jeremy T,

Thank you for choosing the Chamberlain West Hollywood! I am so happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your time with us and appreciate your amazing review of the hotel, amenities and staff! On behalf of myself and the Chamberlain staff, thank you! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was utterly disappointed by a recent stay at the Chamberlain. Right from the start we were disappointed by the dismissive staff who seemed to be focused on only "priority" guests. Bedding was not organized, nor could we even check in/out due to systems being down. We were also extremely disappointed to be charged around $100 more than three other friends of ours staying there due to a "kitchenette" that was in our room (no plates/knives/forks anything even if we did want to use it!!). When challenged on this we were flabbergasted to learn because we had booked through the Chamberlain website and not other travel websites they could not guarantee the lowest rate which essentially all other hotels do. The staff member promised to follow up but we are still waiting! This just topped off an extremely disappointing stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
mhaut, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear RiverValley2011,

I am truly sorry that our accommodations did not meet your expectations. During your visit to our hotel we were experiencing some system difficulties that effected us from being able to provide the high level of service expected by all of our guests. Unfortunately, at the time our systems went down it created a lot of system errors and I truly apologize that it effected your stay with us. The rate you were charged was for a larger room type in the hotel and is also a corner room which is an added amenity and the hotel does charge extra for this. The hotel rates change daily and depending on when you or your friends booked this could be the reason why they paid a little less. Seeing that you didn’t have a great experience at the Chamberlain I will be more than happy to refund you the difference if you could be so kind to contact me on the hotels direct line which I have included below. I hope that you will allow me a second opportunity to have you stay with us sometime in the near future and look forward to hearing from you.

(310) 657-7400
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 10 days and loved every minute,staff were really friendly and helpful and helped us with directions and the best places to go.
Our room was very spacious, modern and clean.
The rooftop pool is lovely and very clean with amazing views over LA....we plan to return next year and will defiantly be staying at the chamberlain again...thankyou !!!

• Stayed September 2012
mhaut, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Sarahleigh3,

No, thank you! I'd like to personally thank you for choosing the Chamberlain West Hollywood! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and really do look forward to having you back here next year!

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed here from 9/9/12 - 9/16/12 and had a lovely time. The staff were very friendly and welcoming, and assisted us well whenever we asked questions about the area. Rooms are lovely and spacious, with frequent maid service and an attentive engineer who helped with our broken lamp.
Our balcony didn't offer much of a view unfortunately, but was only a minor issue as we didn't spend long in the room. My only criticism would be the added tax that was put on the bill when we checked out. I encourage future guests to be aware of this, as an additional $40 per night tax addition impacted on my budget for the remainder of our trip, and I didn't feel I was made fully aware that this would be an additional fee upon checkout of the hotel. Most hotels would include this on the booking confirmation when first making a reservation.
With that being said, we very much enjoyed our stay at the hotel and wouldn't hesitate in coming back in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Chris F,

Thank you for choosing the Chamberlain West Hollywood! I appreciate your feedback on the occupancy tax that is added onto each room night and will look into making it a little more clear on our booking confirmation! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any additional feedback that may be helpful for us!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have been staying at the Chamberlain for years and have always considered it to be my little secret in the city. This city can be quite a scene and the Chamberlain is calm, classy and unpretentious.

The rooms are larger than most and recently updated. There is a spacious desk and work area in the rooms which make it great for business travel. Only some of the rooms have tubs though so be sure to ask in advance if that is important to you. There is a lovely quiet roof top pool, very good/relaxed cafe and a small but decent gym.

My favorite thing about this hotel is the customer service. They consistently do everything possible to make my stay feel homey and comfortable which really nice, especially when I'm here on long business trips.

Located in West Hollywood it is a close drive to most attractions, shopping etc.

Room Tip: Only a few of the rooms have bathtubs so ask for one in advance if that is important to you. I prefe...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear abarkandog,

Thank you so much for your continued patronage of the Chamberlain West Hollywood! I personally enjoy hearing about the experiences of our repeat guests and appreciate your great compliments! I look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Chad Thompson

Been to Chamberlain West Hollywood? Share your experiences!