“Great boutique hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Sydney
“Great boutique hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Funky boutique hotel situated between Santa Monica Bld and Sunset Bld. Room was nice (bathroom a bit small), rooftop pool was fantastic which has views of city skyline. Restaurant was great, especially the breakfasts. Very friendly staff who went out of their way to assist when needed (e.g. directions to airport), Overall, great hotel and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
mhaut, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear adswein,

Thank you for your review! I will be sure to pass along your great remarks about the staff!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Chamberlain West Hollywood in the future!

Chad Thompson/General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
NYC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I guess you don't have to work as hard to please when you are located in West Hollywood! Woot. Who needs to have breakfast start before 6:45am when it's in West Hollywood! Why not keep you waiting at check-in after a 6.5 hour flight? It's West Hollywood!!!! Who needs a good computer system to locate your reservation? It's you got the picture.

Apart from the location, which is adorable this is the worst hotel for business travel. It seems to have four stars, but with the lax, flabby service I would give it a gilded 3.5 stars. You cannot expect to get to work on time. Does anyone work at the front desk??? You are on the Chamberlain's schedule as soon as you enter their doors. Expect to receive the worst of all the trappings of a boutique hotel: weird inconsistent service, with zero apologies, random service charges, At least everyone is super nice. Nice unfortunately does not get me to work on time.

Breakfast claims to start at 6:30am - but in truth you won't get anything until 6:45am - 6:50am. For those stuck on UK or NYC time you are screwed - don't expect to start your day before the Chamberlain.
Wake up call - five minutes late. Unacceptable.
Room service always takes over 30 minutes.
Fitness center cramped. Useless.
SLOW elevators, used by kitchen and service staff alike. Take stairs.
Limited in room dining hours - not 24 hours. Do not come here with jet lag.

This is a great hotel for location. Lovely pool. Like I said, it's in West Hollywood. Come here for a vacation when time doesn't matter, and you can live the hours of a rock star... oh wait, no room service at 3am.

@Livinglearningeating - I'm not surprised that no one apologized for the cockroaches or for taking their sweet time to help you. Sorry you had to experience that.

Room Tip: Stay at the London West Hollywood
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear AbFab_NYC,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at the Chamberlain West Hollywood.

We take pride in offering excellent service and experience for our guests and do regret that we were unable to show you what the Chamberlain West Hollywood and our Staff are truly capable of.

I will look into the start time of breakfast - we do also offer use of the breakfast ordering hanger we provide to all of our guests. This item helps to ensure breakfast delivery specifications are received earlier in the morning and will be delivered at the requested time.

Again, I apologize that your experience at the Chamberlain West Hollywood was not in keeping with our usual standards but rest assured that your experiences are not taken lightly and will be used to improve the services throughout our hotel.

Durban,South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were looking forward to this stay as it all looked so boutique and trendy on the website. The room was average size and the furnishings quite stylish but the lighting so low we could hardly read at night. The bathroom was tiny with a narrow shower and no space for toiletries etc. We looked right onto an ugly block at the back and the whole place had little soul. We went to the rooftop pool for a drink and were served hastily as it was closing at 6pm - my wine in a plastic cup?? The lifts were dodgy and I resorted to taking the stairs as I didn't trust them. It took ages to get the attention of someone at reception but a positive is that this hotel is well situated away from noise and bustle of Hollywood.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Zanne_8,

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback regarding your recent experience at the Chamberlain West Hollywood. We take all feedback seriously and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

We do use energy-conserving light bulbs which tend to be dimmer than traditional bulbs but would be happy to provide guests with additional lighting upon request.

We are unfortunately unable to serve beverages in glass containers around the pool due to liability purposes as if something happens to break in or around the pool area it could lead to injury to both guests and staff. I will absolutely look into the early closure of the rooftop bar you mentioned as that is not the standard end time of service.

We do have routine inspections of the elevators and ensure they are safe for our guests.

Unfortunately we cannot reverse your experience, we can only apologize and hope that you will us an opportunity to be of service again in the future. Please contact me personally and I would be happy to assist you with your future reservation.

new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Great location, great staff, great rooftop pool. I will always stay here in LA.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear corpuskungu,

Thank you for choosing the Chamberlain West Hollywood for your business trip! I am happy to see you enjoyed your time with us and definitely hope to see you back here the next time you travel out to Los Angeles!

mendo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Perfect location while visiting the beaches and shopping. The hotel is very comfortable with nice amenities.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear MendoZoe,

Thank you! I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay at the Chamberlain West Hollywood and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

When I first walked into the Chamberlain, I was pretty impressed - it's beautiful, excellently located, and my room was very spacious, with two large flat screen televisions, a large sofa, two arm chairs, a big, comfortable bed, and a wonderful bathroom. I became a little less enamoured when I realized that *everything* costs extra (from the bath products in the bathroom to the bottle of water on the nightstand to the WiFi) but I got over it when I saw the lovely roof top pool.

The next morning though (this morning, in fact, as I'm still just two days in to my four day stay) I was brushing my teeth when I saw a COCKROACH running around in my bathroom! That's definitely *not* what expect from a hotel of this caliber! I called guest services and, though they didn't apologize, they said they'd send maid service right away. Thirty minutes later, no one had come. I left and came back about an hour later - while I didn't see the cockroach, my room was not yet cleaned and there was no sign that anyone had been in.

It only continues with the poor service: I called room service for a plate and fork (that's it! There's no excuse that it takes long to make!) and it didn't arrive within an hour. At that point, I'd already eaten with my fingers right out of the container, because I was hungry, and left my room. I'm not sure if they ever came, but seriously - an hour?? Even when I order an elaborate meal (and not just dishes to serve things on) I've never had to wait that long in another hotel. Considering how pricey their room service is, this is just unacceptable.

Yes, the location is great. Yes, the rooms are big. Yes, the hotel looks luxurious. But with service like this, it doesn't feel luxurious. If you want a vacation, stay elsewhere - The Chamberlain is not relaxing and you will not feel well taken care of. I hate to have to write such an awful review!

Room Tip: If you're going to spend the money, stay somewhere else - somewhere with a staff that cares and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
mhaut, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear livinglearningeating, thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. It seems as though we did not live up to our best practices, nor our motto of "we can make a difference". My apologies that we fell short of your expectations.

The Chamberlain is on a routine monthly pest control service, which was performed only days prior to your arrival. I have contacted our provider who once again inspected all guestrooms and common areas of the property yesterday.

As for your other charges, yes, the bath amenities have a charge, but only when taken due to the fact they are full sized, at 8 oz each.

All of your concerns have been taken very seriously and discussed with all managers on the team.

I apologize for your disappointment and frustration, I wish you had contacted me directly during your stay, as I feel we could have addressed your concerns immediately. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to speak further.

Chad Thompson
chad@thechamberlain.com
310.691.7940
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

If you're planning to go out in West Hollywood whilst in LA, then Chamberlain hotel is an excellent choice to recover in. Set back one street or so from Sunset Blvd, it's leafy and quiet but within walking distance to all the major bars and clubs in WeHo. If a late night nibble takes your fancy, there are also lots of places open that serve food late.

The hotel itself has beautiful rooms with extremely comfortable beds accompanied by an excellent mini bar selection. (The Vitamin Water is definitely appreciated after a big night out) Staff in the hotel are friendly and helpful and offer a 3 mile complimentary shuttle bus to take you where you need to go.

The pool is on the roof top and is heated - or certainly felt it. They offer a pool side bar service which you can ring down to reception to order from.

The only complaints we had were that the bathrooms are a little small (no bath, only shower) and there is no kettle present in the room, so if you want to make yourself tea and not coffee, you'll be out of luck.

Overall, I'll definitely be making it my choice hotel when in WeHo.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear mimmer83,

Thank you for the fantastic review of the Chamberlain West Hollywood!

Most of our guest rooms do only have a shower but we do have a select few rooms that have baths and are available upon request keeping in mind availability. Also, we do provide kettles upon request - so next time be sure to let us know and we'll be happy to have one in your room prior to your arrival!

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Chad Thompson/General Manager

Been to Chamberlain West Hollywood? Share your experiences!