“Exceeded my expectations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 34 Nightlife in West Hollywood
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Blues Bars, Clubs
Activities: Nightlife, City walk sightseeing
More attraction details
Owner description: This club features both blues and rock bands and has a restaurant with Louisiana cuisine.
Palm Springs, California
“Exceeded my expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I hadn't been to a House of Blues in several years, and my last visit was the one in Anaheim, which - for all intents and purposes - feels more like a Disney attraction rather than a music venue. Consequently, I didn't have the most favorable opinion of the HOB (and this is coming from a Disney fan!). However, I can definitely say that the HOB Hollywood is a much more atmospheric venue than the HOB Anaheim. I recently saw Starkid, and everything went smoothly. Me and my friend did the jump the line option and, for $15 extra, got a meal (convenient, as there was nothing particularly appetizing within walking distance) and got in a hair bit earlier than the rest of the crowd (though not MUCH earlier). The staff seemed fine. Had no problems. Everything else - the crowds, the exhaustion, the dehydration, all of that - came with being at the House of Blues or any standing room only venue, and I wouldn't expected anything else. Overall, I'd definitely visit here again and recommend it to friends and family.

Visited May 2012

Bakersfield, California
“House of Blues Hollywood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

We took our Daughter to see Escape the Fate (her favorite Band). It was a great venue for this concert. The staff and security were absolutely awesome!! There were 5 bands total playing......my daughter was smiling and saying it was the best night of her life (she just turned 15). Well worth the 2 hour drive from Bakersfield and would go back anytime!!

Visited April 2012
Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
“One Of The Best Spots On The Sunset Strip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I had been to the House Of Blues in Las Vegas before and always had a great time. When I moved from Boston to LA I was happy to find there was a House Of Blues here too. They always have great bands and it's a very fun scene.

We recently became Foundation Club members and are really enjoying access to a more exclusive area of the venue. The food is absolutely amazing and personalized service is amazing. I can tell you that this will continue to be one of our top picks in LA as long as we are living here!

Visited February 2012
Ca
10 attraction reviews
“Great Concert Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

Took my daughter and a friend to see Selena Gomez here tonight. It was a great venue for a concert. The staff were all great and the bartender was very nice even though he was clearly over worked since he was e only one behind the bar near where we were. Can't wait to go back.

Visited January 2012
Los Angeles, California
8 attraction reviews
“Mediocre food and service, Over-amped music”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

The Gospel Brunch is famous - the building is rich theme-park Southern nostalgia, a pleasure to walk about. You can almost hear the lonesome train whistle in the distance. I wish I could write a better review, and perhaps for the value-conscious entertainment seeker, this venue is an excellent choice. This is my experience: we stood in line on a hot day, only to find that the door marked Opens at 1:00PM was not the correct door. We waited some more, were eventually escorted in and there was confusion over seating: twosomes are placed opposite each other at crowded bench tables, making it hard to talk, although we were allowed to sit together after negotiating with our host.

Brunch was very average, with Southern-style selections, an omelette bar, and modest desserts. Liquor is $10 extra. Platters on the buffet tables were not replenished, and I searched in vain for a croisssant like the one I'd seen going by on another diner's plate. No pancakes, french toast. Yes biscuits and gravy. The food itself tasted like a breakfast buffet at any better motel chain in America. Then, the entertainment began, and with it a certain exquisite torture: the lively, rockin', appealing gospel group was so loud that the sound was almost intolerable physically. Whatever acoustic dynamism and spirit the group had was
almost lost with the excessive amping, sacrificing their authentic power to the spirits of hi-tech boom box-ism. A pity, because there's nothing like real soul when you do get it. To be fair, I was among the few who seemed to think this-most of the audience immediately began to rock, clap, and sway, engaged by the blazing upbeat energy. So, now you've been warned; have fun! And consider a trip to Nashville or a black community church instead.

Visited August 2011