“great first l.a. experience!!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Palihouse Holloway to your Saves list
Palihouse Holloway
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8465 Holloway Drive, West Hollywood, CA 90069   |
Ranked #12 of 17 hotels in West Hollywood
“great first l.a. experience!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by Palihouse. Although the location doesn't make it convenient to venture too far out without a car, it's in the heart of everything- so many bars, clubs, restaurants nearby to keep you occupied. The staff, especially the front desk, were all very sweet and helpful. My room and overall hotel appearance was cleanly. Its worth the price to be taken care of in a prime location over stating in a dirty, overpriced hollywood motel!!

• Stayed January 2013
PalihouseManagement, Manager at Palihouse Holloway, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Brandywine02,

Thank you for your four star review. We are delighted to hear you were pleasantly surprised and that our staff was able to assist you in having a nice stay.

We look forward to having you with us in the future.

Thank you again for sharing your positive experience with us!

Warm Regards,

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I prefer unique hotels and I chose the Palihouse via Hotel tonight for the first night, which was nice. Then, I decided to extend my stay not only once but twice due to a red eye flight back to NYC. On my second night, the front desk made an error after giving me a wonderful upgrade by not actually placing us in the upgraded room via their computer system, therefore losing the keys to our vehicle due to the room change. That was a minor error in my opinion. However, after paying the full price $450 for the second night and "partial" third night, I was disappointed to return to a suite with a dirty tabletop, floors, and none of the towels were replaced, even though I placed them on the floor as requested for replenishment. They also failed to replenish the bottled water and wine. I was disappointed that the attention to such details were overlooked. What really pissed me off was that they did not replace the bed linens as requested. I even left a $20 tip at the desk for the room attendant, because I left the room for lunch later than usual. I was steaming to find my room in its condition after leaving a generous tip. Go figure! There was a wonderful night auditor who helped us on the first night. The check-in clerk and the night auditor were the stars of my visit to the hotel. My only other complaint was that there were no ipod docking stations or audio cables to connect your iPhone the stereo. The people in charge of this place should know that their guests are iphone users. Duh! What's more, room service was not available when I needed it most. On Monday, I asked for a late checkout and for it, they declined, so I had to extend another night. The bar is great if you want to be part of the scene. Just make sure you select a room on the third floor to avoid the noise if you want to call it quits before the rest of the patrons. The rooms are styled well. Just don't expect to have new soap and shampoo delivered each day. I guess for $450 they expect you to bring your own. I only received one set, which we used and we did not receive more. And YES managers, I called the damn desk and asked for more. I am an experienced traveler. Thank you very much!!!! You run a better bar than you do lodging establishment.

Room Tip: Select a third floor room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
PalihouseManagement, Manager at Palihouse Holloway, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor. I am truly sorry to hear your stay wasn't more enjoyable. At Palihouse, we always strive to deliver the utmost in service and convenience to our guests and your review has been taken seriously and addressed with the front desk agents.

I would certainly like to address some of your concerns below and we do hope you give us another chance. If you contact me directly, I will personally make sure your stay and experience is one to remember. My email address is gonzalo@palihouse.com.

To begin, I would like to apologize for the mix up with your keys. After speaking with our staff I am glad to hear your keys were returned to you promptly.

In regards to housekeeping services and as Palihouse is designed as an extended stay hotel, we do not offer daily housekeeping unless specifically requested by guests. We apologize this was not clearly communicated upon your arrival by our staff, although this information is stated on both a pre arrival email and in a welcome letter given to all guest at check in. For your convenience, our hotel staff is always on hand to replenish any of the amenities you may require at a moment’s notice. I am sorry to hear there was some miscommunication in getting your bed linens replaced but I am glad to hear there were some 'stars' on staff.

As for our sound system, we do offer hi-end Bose stereo with AUX cables for iPhones and other similar devices. I am sorry you were not able to locate them in the room. This information and much more is also in our in-room guest directory for future reference. You can also dial 100 to reach a Palihouse agent 24 hours a day for any similar questions or request.

Finally, I would like to extend an apology for the noise you experienced. The Courtyard Brasserie restaurant closes and 11pm on weeknights and 12pm on weekends. We also close all doors leading to the open courtyard at these times which typically alleviates any noise leading to our guest rooms.

We do hope our response was helpful in explaining some of your experience and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Gonzalo Quintero
Director of Palihouse Operations
Brisbane
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Who would think a night club just below a hotel room in an open space, would bring a warm fuzzy feeling to its patrons. We were silly enough to stay here from Saturday through to Tuesday which included New Year's Eve. So we should be thankful that we had one good nights sleep, but that was only because the nightclub/restaurant doesn't open on Sundays. New Year's Eve, we had girls screaming past our room, drinking outside our bedroom till at least 2am in the morning. Apparently Hollywood standards this is an acceptable hour to go to bed. Did I mention that we had a 5 year old staying with us. Needless to say he didn't go to bed before midnight. BUT they do provide you with ear plugs. Not sure what there suppose to do? The receptionist at check-in commented on what a good rate we got through Expedia. By the time we checked out, I am so pleased we hadn't Paid the normal $450.00 a night. Having had 2hours sleep, I believe they owe us money. This must be a constant common complaint from patrons. Unless your one of the party goers till 2am or later. This is definitely not the place for you. Very, very un satisfied customer. Can't say how happy I was to fly out of L.A.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
PalihouseManagement, Manager at Palihouse Holloway, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hi Jo,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Palihouse - we also contacted you directly on Facebook following your post.

We apologize you did not enjoy your stay with us during the New Year’s holiday, and we are also sorry that other hotel guests on New Years Eve were being loud – we would urge you to contact the front desk in situations like this and they could have handled the disruption for you quickly.

I can assure you that our hotel guests are always the top priority for us, and many of our guests choose to stay at Palihouse for the complete experience which includes a bustling bar in the lobby lounge. We strive to provide a home away from home as well as a unique place where people come together.

I do hope you re-consider about staying with us in the future. We would love the opportunity to host you and your family again.

Best,
Indio, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel oozes Los Angeles cool plus spacious rooms and excellent staff. This is not the perfect hotel for every trip, but if you are looking for someplace hip and cool while at the same time warm and comfortable this is it. The rooms are fantastic, my room was literally bigger than my first apartment (and with a much nicer kitchen!) plush the decor was spot on.

Some of the reviewers are right - you can hear the music from downstairs - but I was on the second floor and it didn't bother me. This is not a "chain" or business hotel, part of staying here was soaking up the atmosphere. During the day the lobby is an oasis of calm, I felt relaxed as soon as I walked up to the front "desk" - where you can relax on the sofa while being checked in. At night the lobby bar heats up and the night we were there they were drawing quite a crowd, but we were just coming back from a show at the House of Blues and considered it part of the fun. Hotel info says they turn the music down at 11 p.m. on weeknights.

The service was very good. As others have stated, the service is excellent with out being stuffy. Warm and friendly with "in your face" fake cheerfulness. I e-mailed ahead that I might need a roll-away bed for my son. They responded right away and when I arrived the bed was in my room and all set up. I cannot stress enough how large the rooms are! I've been in some older places which have been "renovated" to be hipster cool, but they lacked fit and finish. The Palihouse Holloway didn't skimp on attention to detail. The shades, the glasses in the kitchen, the fittings in the bathroom - they all combine to make you feel right at home. There is even a washer/dryer!

Walking distance to many great restaurants and the clubs on Sunset Blvd. If you don't want to park at the hotel (and parking is expensive at almost all Los Angeles area hotels) you can park in the public garage 1 block away.

No coffee in the room, but there was a tea kettle! They have excellent coffee/espresso to order in the lobby.

I would stay here again - and my teenagers loved it.

Room Tip: If you are concerned about noise - ask for a room farther from the nightclub.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Ioric1969,

Thank you for your five-star review of Palihouse! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and are happy to hear you also experienced our great customer service.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Thank you again for sharing your positive experience.

Finest regards,
Topeka, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I agree with the previous reviewer comments wholeheartedly. When I first arrived, I was impressed by the modern vibe, spacious rooms, cleanliness, and amenities available (in room kitchenette, washer/dryer, etc). However, I was not to pleased that each night I tossed and turned to booming music (until at least 2 am) that reminded me of my college days. My boyfriend and I were puzzled by if they were really a hotel, nightclub, or short term rental business. It seemed as if we were the only other individuals there staying as a hotel guest, and it was quite awkward walking through a private party to make the way to our room. Parking is ridiculously expensive ($26/night) and described as valet (but only for certain hours). I think they should just scrap calling it valet, because most often we had to get our car and it was a process to find someone to let us into the garage to get the car. While the place is gorgeous, the staff is friendly and helpful, it just seems like they don't have focus on what type of business they are trying to run.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I really wanted to like this hotel. Great location, fresh decor, spacious, comfortable rooms. Nice to have space to spread out and a kitchenette available. However, if you are wanting peace and quiet--or at least a hotel without booming club music infiltrating your space--you will need to look elsewhere. It's a ridiculous business model to try and have a hopping bar scene in a building with an echoing courtyard area that runs up the entire hotel. Impossible to sleep, and the staff is powerless, if well-intentioned, to try and facilitate quiet. Granted, they did move me to a quieter room in the back of the property, but not after tossing and turning for a couple of precious hours without sleep. Perhaps good for night-owls, but pity those who may have an early flight as I did.

Room Tip: Away from the din of the bar, if at all possible.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Park Ridge, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Palihouse Holloway was like a home away from home.

Josh and Georgia treated me like I was a guest in their home, and the accommodations were SPECTACULAR! It seems to me they bent over backwards to accommodate my every need -- but not in a stuffy formal way, just how you'd treat a friend -- everything was just right.

And when my battery went dead for my iPad, the meeting service staff gladly plugged my iPhone into their personal computers so I'd have power on the way home.

Georgia was quick to give me directions to every place I wanted to visit and Josh offered to call a car service when I mentioned I was going to LAX at the end of my trip.

The room I stayed in was HUGE and beautifully appointed. There was even a really cool kitchen with a dining table right there -- and there are WINDOWS -- and they OPEN. A real treat if you're used to staying in blah chain hotels.

The location can't be beat -- 10 minute walk to Robertson, where all the great cafes and restaurants are located.

Just book it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
PalihouseManagement, Manager at Palihouse Holloway, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Hi MRoman24,

Thank you for your wonderful five-star review. We are truly delighted to hear the terrific feedback on Josh and Georgia and that you felt right at home - which is exactly the experience we aim to give our guests at Palihouse.

We hope to see you again soon!

Warm Regards,
Palihouse Management

Been to Palihouse Holloway? Share your experiences!