“Nice vibe but so-so food” 3 of 5 stars
Review of STK - Los Angeles (West Hollywood)

STK - Los Angeles (West Hollywood)
755 la Cienega Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069 (West Hollywood)
+1 310-659-3535
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
STK - Los Angeles (West Hollywood) is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 340 Restaurants in West Hollywood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: West Hollywood
Cross street: Waring between Santa Monica and Melrose
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Nice vibe but so-so food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I were in town from Chicago. Our pre-dinner plans changes so we arrived almost an hour ahead of our reservation. No problem, we grabbed a seat at the bar and the hostess said she would seat us as soon as something opened up. We tried one of their signature drinks, Green Intensity. It's a mojito with a spicy pepper in it. It's a bit much after awhile, leaving lips burning. We really enjoyed the drinks and hospitality of the bartender, but soon realized we had almost been there an hour. My husband had to go remind the hostess we were waiting and we were soon seated. The food was so-so, the people watching was fun and I liked the music. The place definitely has an LA-vibe, but people in the bar area were very friendly. An "okay" experience, but not much different than their Las Vegas location and run-of-the-mill when it comes to the menu and food preparation.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Bunbury, Australia
“Awesome Atmosphere - But Do Not Come Here For A Quiet Romantic Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

STK as soon as you walk in is great - there is a bar area and a restaurant seating area - the bar was packed and the vibe was awesome. After being told our table may be a little while before we can be seated - we were sat in the bar lounge area and we ordered cocktails - which arrived straight away. Some 15 minutes later - seated at our table and ordering our meal - service was great and fast. I had the Filet which was cooked to perfection. The restaurant area is a lot more laid back than the bar but you can still hear the music playing The DJ was spinning great music from the past and present, so we stayed afterwards and had a few more drinks in the bar area. I really enjoyed myself and will be back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami
“Cool Steak Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We were looking for a restaurant with a nice bar with ambiance that we could follow with a nice steak dinner. My husband and I were visiting from Miami and it was the weekend of the Grammys so we were hoping to see some celebs. The bar scene was ok, not too crowded around 8pm when we arrived. Even when we left it wasn't really happening. It was a Friday night too.. We had dinner in the large dinning area, which I suggest you request, otherwise the other rooms are away from the people watching action you may want to enjoy. Our waiter was very nice, the only snafu at dinner was when I asked for a glass of Veuve Clicquot champagne, what I got was a glass of prosecco instead. This unfortunately happens too much at these expensive restaurants so you have to be a savvy diner and ask them to kindly pour your glass at the table. Other than that, our dinner was delicious. They serve large portions so feel free to share appetizers and sides. We would return for dinner. The dinner crowd was mixed.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC
“loved the fun environment and the food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Okay, with respect, I'm going to disagree with Robin N. The music is loud but we didn't find it overly so and we were there on a Friday night (also, for perspective, I am not young--in my late 40s). We really enjoyed the music--it was a great set list spanning several decades, 80s through the present--and marveled at how it was both loud and yet somehow not intrusive. Conversations could be easily heard all the way around the table. I thought it made the night fun. The food was excellent. There were five of us--three steaks and two vegetarian platters (I know, what are we doing at a steakhouse?)--and everyone loved their meals. The vegetarian plate is not listed on the menu it's just something they will make for you if you ask. Decor was very swanky. Our waiter was fantastic and never once even hinted at rushing us even though we kind of selfishly sat there for 3 hours. (Don't worry, we tipped him enough for two tables since we prevented him from turning it).

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Savannah, Georgia
“LOUD, Blaring Music & dinner DON'T mix!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I can't tell you what the food is like. We didn't stay long enough to find out. While waiting in the lobby, the music was deafening. We asked to be seated in a quieter section of the dining room. The Hostess was not very friendly to begin with, didn't seem to care, and said it was that volume throughout the restaurant. We went to where she wanted to seat us, agreed the volume was just as loud, turned around and left. Perhaps if you are on a date with someone you really do not want to be with or have no interest in talking with, this is the place for you. Personally, I enjoy the experience of sharing food and conversation. We would have had to scream at each other to be heard. I can't imagine why a restaurant would think this is a good idea. I was the only person in the group over 30 but we all agreed.

• Visited January 2013