“very friendly staff,freezing cold pool,no hot tub” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn West Covina

You added Holiday Inn West Covina to your Saves list
Holiday Inn West Covina
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3223 East Garvey North, West Covina, CA 91791 (Formerly Rodeway Inn Near Fairplex)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in West Covina
Woodland, California, United States
“very friendly staff,freezing cold pool,no hot tub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

first let me say the staff could not have been nicer,stayed with wife and two boys for local baseball tourney.after a long day the kids headed to pool area,witch is beautiful with awesome furniture,but when the kids jumped in they were freezing,i cant remember last hotel with a pool that was so cold.what a shame because the pool area is nice and relaxing area,also a hot tub would be great.the only other gripe was the room givin was right next to laundry room and on noisy freeway side.hotel was mostly empty, so why the put us in that room was suprising.room was very clean and modern and seemed like a good value.but the brrrrr freezing pool would keep me from staying again.

Room Tip: make sure you get non freeway side
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Tommy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn West Covina, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Krista,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, your feedback is critical in our efforts to keep our guests happy and making sure you come back time and time again. I am glad to hear that my staff was friendly, I will ensure that they are recognized for their efforts. I am deeply sorry to hear that our pool was very cold during your stay, unfortunately we have no control over the temperature until we install a heater, but we have do have that in our sights and we will have one soon so don't let that keep you from coming back. I apologize about the noisy highway and you being placed next to the laundry room, I know how important a good night's sleep is. I assure you that our hotel staff will do anything in their power to make sure you get a good night's rest as long as our guests alert us of any noise complaints or room preferences, we do our best to accommodate our guests' needs no matter how busy we are. Again thank you for your review, I hope you give us another chance to show you that we can ensure you have the perfect comfortable and enjoyable stay in every aspect.

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Beaumont, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

While checking in I was asked if I booked through Holiday Inn or Expedia and truthfully I couldn't remember. Later I did recall that I did book through Travelocity because I wanted the option to cancel if needed.

I had to laugh but at the same time I was extremely frustrated when I was trying to get ready in the "closet" bathroom. Imagine putting your hip out because you were leaning over the toilet to see in the mirror. At one point I ended up hanging the toilet paper roll on the door latch because it was more convenient there than behind me. I was also placed in a room at the end of the hall which of course was by an exit door with a spring loaded closing feature. SLAM...SLAM...etc.

On a more positive note: The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and I would recommend them to a friend.

Room Tip: Book through hotel and not a third party.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Karen,

First and foremost I want to thank you for taking your time to write your review on our property, your feedback is the most important thing to us as it helps us in areas that need improvement. Here at the Holiday Inn West Covina, we strive to be the best hotel that we can possibly be and our goal is to ensure that each guest that walks through our door enters and leaves happier than before they stepped foot on this property. I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was unsatisfactory in several ways. I want to clarify that regardless of how anyone books their reservation with us, whether it be through Holiday Inn or Expedia or any other company, we always give our guests the best room possible, there is no such thing as receiving a smaller room at our hotel no matter how you book. If any guest doesn't like the room that they are placed in at check in, the majority of the time we can change the room and accommodate the guest's request to be in a different area. That being said, I can see both the humor and frustration in the picture you posted of the bathroom that greatly exaggerates the need for this issue to be addressed. Thanks to your input we have currently placed this room on hold and have an appointment for our designer to make the appropriate modifications. I apologize about the door slamming and causing you the discomfort of having to hear it, I have gone ahead and had our engineering change the way the door closes so it is not as loud. I hope that you can offer us another chance to experience the amazing hospitality and comfortable stay that I know we can provide. Thank you again for your invaluable feedback, we appreciate everything you have to say about our hotel!
Carson, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

We had an unplanned stay here recently, without a single piece of luggage, and the staff more than accommodated for us! As a family of four, we were given all of the complimentary toiletries and even took advantage of the guest laundry facilities. Front desk staff was excellent and very helpful. Rooms were also very clean and comfortable. We'd stay again for sure, but next time, we'll come prepared! :-)

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Tommy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn West Covina, responded to this review, October 17, 2014
Thank you "Great Service" for your wonderful review. Your comments have been shared among the crew and celebrated. Thank you very for sharing. We truly appreciate your business and will await your return where we will work even harder to earn your top score once again. Thank you "Great Service" for your support. Tommy Spencer.
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

Good news: Not too far from Ontario airport, countless good dining choices with many within walking distance, easy freeway access, free wi-fi, friendly staff (especially overnight young lady when I checked in).
Bad news: Fitness center closed, no breakfast buffet offered and although the lobby is beautiful and recently remodeled, the floor I was on was really showing it's age and needed carpet, paint and the odor was musty.
As the remodel continues, I look forward to coming back because the positives outweigh the negatives.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you "Remodel in Progress" for your honest review and the very good score. I am happy to report that our renovation is 100% complete and we are 100% open. Every floor has new carpet, paint, wall vinyl, bedding, linen, guest supplies, TVs and everything else. The Fitness Center is Full of New Equipment and Two Digital TVs to keep you going not to mention the sparkling pool. We are open as a 100% renovated property with no stone left unturned. Thank you for mentioning our wonderful crew. They work hard for our guest and value your comments very much. Thank you. Also thank you for mentioning the FREE WIFI which is available throughout the hotel. We do not offer a buffet breakfast but do have a full service restaurant for Breakfast and Dinner as well as a Full Service Bar. We have made a choice to serve a made to order breakfast as we feel the quality of todays typical hotel buffet has become a version of watered down scrambled eggs and piled bacon and I think we can do better. If you find your self in a rush you may use our breakfast door hanger and order your breakfast to your room at any specific time your choose or select a grab and go item from our pantry located at the Front Desk. I cannot tell you how much we appreciate your comments. We truly hope to see you soon and are excited at the opportunity to display a finished product and possibly earn your top score upon your return. Thank you again very much. Tommy

Been to Holiday Inn West Covina? Share your experiences!