“East Suburban LA Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
West Chester, United States
“East Suburban LA Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Very good hotel with convenient location. The restaurants next door offer good choices for dinner (with a discount). Freeway access is good, and shopping centers are nearby. The complimentary breakfast was good and service was friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Stayed here for a night. The Staff is very friendly and the breakfast good there's even a to go option . The room we got unfortunately was on floor 5 and half of this floor is for smokers but the whole floor smells like smoke from the moment you get off the elevator. The nice lady working the desk did offer us some febreez. It was only for a night and this was the only room she had for us and so we sucked it up. Our room was very clean but the bathroom door had the most annoying squeek when it opened and closed. The a/c unit was quite loud but better than listening to the outside traffic. The in room mini fridge and mircowave were nice to have.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
pompey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We needed to be located in this area and opted for the Hampton Inn. Several bars, restaurants and shops within easy walking distance. A great selection (hot and cold) of varied items for the complimentary breakfast, with a "grab a bag" option for those in a hurry. Check-in/out was painless due to the professional and courteous staff. The room was very clean and we enjoyed a high standard of maid service throughout our 15 nights' stay. The maids were always cheerful, respectful and hard-working and we had no complaints whatsoever about any of the staff. The free in-room Wi-Fi worked well.
My only complaint (which prevented me rating the hotel higher) was the fact that,on several occasions, our sleep was disturbed by smokers. On Day 2, I was awakened at 0520 by a guy on his mobile device. More than once we were woke by smokers enjoying their first coffee of the day at around 0600! Another time I even had to phone reception at 0040 to request they deal with 2 good old boys, who were clearly in drink, and putting the world to rights - within yards of my room's window.. To their credit they dealt with the problem promptly but why locate an outside smoking area next to the pool and less than 10 yards from guests' windows?

Room Tip: Room 220 overlooks the pool and parking lot so isn't directly affected by traffic rumble from th...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I expected more from a Hampton Inn. I have stayed at many Hampton Inn and I would have to say this was the worse. Clean rooms and the front desk people were great but it just wasn't the Hampton Inn quality I normally expected. I hate not having a safe in my room and of course they don't have those. There gym really sucks too. Next time in West Covina stay at the holiday inn express after the renovation is completed. An average experience for a hotel name that should excel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Sonora, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn in West Covina several times. The beds are always very clean. They wash both the sheets and the duvet covers between guests. The rooms are fairly standard in terms of decor, but they are clean, well insulated and quiet, with an in-room air condition/heater that you control yourself that makes a nice white noise when turned on. The complimentary breakfast includes fresh cooked eggs, potatoes, fresh fruit, yogurts, oatmeal, make your own waffles, etc, with excellent coffees and teas. The wifi is free and works well. Outstanding value for a very reasonable price. It's definitely our "go to" place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Las Vegas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Laura welcomed us in. Quick and easy check in. he room was super clean and modern. The restroom had nice fixtures and was also very clean. I had my doubts about staying here, but they are a part of the Hilton Family and that's why I chose it. I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Albuquerque, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I am a Project Manager for Seismic Exploration Crews searching for Oil and Gas for 37 years in 39 states in the United States. I work away from home living in Hotels sometimes months on end and it is a pleasure when I find a hotel such as this one it makes the time away from home a little easier to deal with especially now as I'm 60 years old and like things to be as smooth and relaxing as possible. It's always a welcome surprise to find a wonderful place as this one when least expected. I will say that out of all the many places I have stayed in the 39 states I've worked and stayed in this Hampton Inn and it's staff rate a "FIVE STARS" from me. I will be planning on staying one weekend a month for the next six months as I am seeing a medical specialist there in West Covina. I Remain, Ralph M. Thomas II

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Los Angeles/West Covina? Share your experiences!