“GREAT value for cost” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in West Covina
Las Vegas, Nevada
“GREAT value for cost”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have stayed at this Best Western a few times for business as it is close by to office and another colleague is in virtual residence there. The rooms are clean although the AC is a little noisy and the complimentary breakfast is exceptional. Martin at front desk check-in deserves special recognition because he is always welcoming and cheerful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sammamish
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Location was great, near the shops and restaurants. The hotel itself was terrible. Customer service was okay, they didn't have our room ready even though it was within check-in time, I had to wait. Not enough towels, and the towels they did have had some sort of pink stains all over. The shower leaked out of the tub all the time, so there's water damage to the floor and door. The shampoo bottles were so over-reused that it had mold on it. Took my daughter to the swimming pool, we had to keep dodging bees and wasps. We also had to ask housekeeping for pool towels as there were none to be found anywhere. The room smelled old, I was expecting microwave and kitchenette as advertised, there was only a small refrigerator in the corner. With the fan on in the room, you can't hear the freeway right outside the window. A busload of tourists came and they were smoking right outside the doors, management should have known better, and should have told them the rules and policy about no smoking. I didn't even try their breakfast in the morning, too grossed out. Certainly not worth what I paid for.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had a four night stay at this property and I have no complaints. The room was clean and spacious. All the staff I dealt with during my stay here were friendly and helpful. When I travel I carry my own wireless Air Card for WIFI rather than rely on the hotel WIFI systems which I have found to be a bit "hit and miss" particularly in the rooms as was the case here with some guests.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
West Covina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place has always been great to us. They will help us with anything we need that is within reason and logic. We will always go back here when we stay at a hotel or in the area. We have used the pool. It was clean. We have ate breakfast. For it being a continental breakfast, they provide great options. Trays are never empty for long before being refilled with new food. Overall, the service is excellent. Housekeeping is very attentive and will assist with all the items they are in charge of.

La Quinta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Though I read up on the reviews for this hotel before making reservations, I knew that because it WAS a Best Western, we would have a wonderful stay. My suggestion to those who do the same thing: PLEASE READ MORE THAN 10 REVIEWS. It averages out to be MORE great than not so great. ALSO, FYI: My husband wanted to take the mattresses home: They were like sleeping on marshmallow clouds!!!

CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Hot breakfast but just eggs sausage and waffles. Same thing everyday.

Internet on the 4th floor didn't work. It would connect for brief periods but not fast enough to even download email.

Decent bed and surprisingly quiet considering its location right off the 10 freeway.

Hotel seems to cater to tour groups. I'd be unhappy if I was coming to LA and this is where I was out up.

Booked through Hotwire, but would not pay full retail for this property.

• Stayed July 2013
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here last week with my mother for 4 nights, as it was close to the freeway and our relatives. We were also able to get a good rate through Booking.com ($88/night incl. tax).

Upon arrival, we found NO toiletries in our room except for a bar of hand soap. No shampoo, conditioner, etc. I had to call the front desk to have them delivered. The room itself was spacious but smelled of chemicals. Turning on the fan unit helped but it was quite loud. The king sized bed was comfortable though. The TV was small and old and not adjustable as it was placed in a wooden armoire. Carpet needs a steam cleaning (after walking around the room in white socks, the soles were black).

There is an outdoor pool and jacuzzi that we didn't use, but seemed popular with other families. The jacuzzi had a lot of dirt/sand in it though, so not sure how often it is cleaned.

A full breakfast is included with the rate and served in a small breakfast room next to the lobby. Hot items included scrambled eggs, sausages, and make it yourself waffles. Unfortunately we were at the hotel at the same time as a large tour group and the breakfast room was pure chaos in the morning. There was not enough food or tables and staff had trouble keeping up.

Wifi is included for 2 devices per room, so if you have more, you will have to pay extra.

If it were not for the cheap rates we paid, we would be really disappointed with our stay. Would likely pay a bit more and stay elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the freeway are quieter.