“Forget about your Diet!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 218 Restaurants in West Covina
West Covina, California, USA
“Forget about your Diet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

One of the most delicious Asian bakeries ever! So many different varieties of cakes, rolls, pastries, and others to choose from. When you walk in to the store to the glass display you see colorful "works of art". They use only the most colorful freshest fruits and ingredients in these mouth watering pleasures. So sinful, you want to order one of each and throw in the towel with any dieting you've done. There is also a coffee and tea bar with many combinations of drinks to enjoy as well. A very busy place, but very worth it!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Gardena, California, Usa
“OMG goodie overload”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Last year for Christmas my moms neighbors brought us a box filled with yummy pastries. The goodies came from 85 C Bakery. We had never heard of them before and realized that they are conveniently located in West Covina. I've been her twice once in April 2013 and just last weekend treating myself for my birthday. Pros: variety of pastries and drinks, clean bakery, friendly staff Cons: Cakes are a bit pricey, depends on the time you arrive there may not be much left for you to choose from.

I love love the fruit tart and the blueberry cheese cake. Their custard cups are good too. The couple of times that's I've been here it wasn't crowded where I had to wait in line for 30 min or more. The first time in April 2013, my date and I decided to have desert before calling it a night. He was impressed by the flavor and freshness. The second time, September 29, was close to 9:00 pm. My intentions were to take some pastries home but was disappointed when I saw that they didn't have much a variety and much of the good pastries gone. So I settled for a slice of blue berry cheese cake and a fruit tart. My daughter had the mango tart. I'll definitely be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Dimas, United States
“Bakery Artistry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The bakery is fresh, easy to use moves quickly. It seems confusing if you want both bulk items, with beverage, and also something behind the display case of specialty desserts...because I did not know where to stand...I found it easiest to pick up my own bulk items, then look at the desserts, and finally order the drinks in the drink line and order the dessert and add in my bulk items. I wish there were an instructional sheet for busy (weekend) days....But still staff works quickly and without drama.

Visited September 2013
California
“"Coffee, fresh pastries, cakes, bread and more!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

A few weeks ago a friend brought us some samples from this bakery and we were very impressed with the taste and quality of the cakes. Thus we decided to visit the bakery-cafe in person. We learned that the name comes from the owner (a Taiwanese business man) who believes that coffee must be served at 85 Degrees Celsius (185 F). Some refer to this chain as the "Starbucks of Taiwan" and we can attest that the coffee is excellent quality. So are the pastries.
We had chocolate croissants, tiramisu and a giant brioche. We also ordered coffee and espresso. The croissant was crispy outside and soft and smooth on the inside, with just the right amount of chocolate. The tiramisu could have come from an Italian restaurant. The brioche was still warm as the person from the kitchen put it on our tray from hers.
The bakery is self serve and you can find several dozen different items featuring Taiwanese, Japanese and European favorites. Drinks include many coffee and tea variations and smoothies. You can see through the window and observe the bakers continuously creating the mouth watering delights.
We felt our trip was really worth the drive and promised ourselves to return soon. There are several Southern California locations, so you have no excuse not to stop by and sample their delicious creations.

• Visited August 2013