“Nice menu, good, not great, execution” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Naperville, Illinois
“Nice menu, good, not great, execution”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

We were in town New Year's Eve for the Rose Bowl and ate dinner here about 8:00. The Elephan Bar is apparently a small, local chain. The decor is very nice as is the seating (we were in a booth). Service was good, but not great. Prices are reasonable. I was really excited about the menu - a really eclectic choice of foods. I chose the Macau Shrimp Soup with Salmon, which was very good, but not as flavorful as I expected. Everyone else chose more traditional entrees and eveyone was pleased with the food.

• Visited December 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Covina, California
“Delicious chow, fast service, great decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

It was my first time visiting Elephant Bar and I was not disappointed. I had a nice Sangria red--they also make it in white--and garlic rice noodles with shrimp. Good portion size. My dining partner had the garden vegetable burger with salad, and a tasty strawberry lemonade. Very satisfying. Our server was friednly and the food arrived quickly. The jungle theme is interesting without being annoying. They have quite an extensive menu, not just of food choices but also of drinks and desserts, plus a calorie chart at the end. Great place!