“yuk!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1830 Black Butte Drive, Weed, CA 96094 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Weed
Las Vegas,NV
“yuk!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

The room had ants - the carpets in the halls and stairs hadn't been vacuumed for a month at least, the bedskirt was torn, and the bathroom had hair from the previous tenant. Need more? The young man at the desk was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Pleasanton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

We traveled with our family, heading up to Washington State. There were 11 of us total and we found the front desk crew to be funny and delightful. The reservation system was running slow and the General Manager and his crew gave us rooms without any fuss or getting our credit cards so we didnt have to wait. They trusted us, which we found very nice in todays world? We got our 8 rooms and we found them to be very warm and cozy and clean. The furniture was a bit dated but otherwise this hotel was worth every penny. When I had a medical issue and forgot some over the counter medication, the front desk person walked in the snow 200 yards to a store to buy it for me. This made it a no-brainer when we have to decide where we stay again on our next trip. I have read the other reviews as well, with 10 different credit cards floating around and families argueing and changing their minds about who was paying, our billing was A-1 Perfecto!
They also treated my two Yorkies like royalty, with puppy treats!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
California, San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

They made the mistake of charging twice the amount. I gave them one of my CITY card's information to reserve the room. And when I checked in, I gave them my AMEX card to charge the room instead of CITY card. The front desk agreed to that. But the fact is they charged both of my credit cards. Of course, I disputed this wrong charge. Also I called, left messages and sent e-mails to the hotel manager many times, but never contact me or refunded for 6 months. They completely ignore this matter until February.
There is still a dispute on this subject. Because they still charged my CITY card which I didn't authorized to charge.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Weed hotels

Marin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

Boy, that nice looking hot tub would've felt good after a long day of skiing, but of course, it didn't work like everything else at the Quality Inn. The ice machine didn't work. The tub didn't drain. There was no air flow in the room, so we stood in the hall for a while or left our door open. The room smelled bad. The towels were like loofas. The beds were hard. We found black hairs on the pillows. When we returned from skiing all day, we found notes on our beds saying that it is the hotels policy to not make the beds if there are any personal items on them. If we had been told this at check in, we would've removed our pillow and teddy bear from the beds! I believe it is their policy to not clean the rooms! I doubt if they have maids. ICK! Stay elsewhere, you'll thank me and yourself that you did. THERE IS NO QUALITY IN THE QUALITY INN!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

The Comfort Inn looks so much more elegant, but they don't take pets, so we came to the Quality Inn--and were very glad to have done so, as it turns out. The man who checked us in was wonderful, making sure we settled in, finding us an additional, just-cleaned blanket to roll up to help me elevate my leg (leg injury).

This has also been one of the more wheelchair-friendly accessible rooms we've had. There's still a tub to deal with, but there's lots of space to maneuver, the sink seems low enough to not be impossible for someone in a wheelchair to use, and there are multiple bars in the shower/tub--although there's not one on the outside to assist getting out again.

I was pleased with the presentation and offerings of the breakfast (not one of the places that offers waffles, though) in the morning and their selection of teas--and they even offered hot chocolate.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
san diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

I thought it was horrible because we had to change our room TWO times. The first time we had to move was because there was only one bed. I went with my mom and dad. The second time was because there was no microwave or a refrigerator.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
MK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

We had a wonderful large room with lots of space. The hotel was very clean, staff very friendly and efficient. It was extremely close to the I 5, which was useful, though slightly noisy.
It was a short drive into Weed itself to find restaurants and shops, or a little further to Mt. Shasta for much more choice.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!